Handlebar Jack - A new Ultra Portable Bicycle Repair Stand.

The Velcro does not tighten down and hold firm on a bare bar . I scratched hell out of new Jones H bars using these things when they twisted and dropped bike on concrete . Wont be using them again .
I always attach the velcro over the grips to prevent slipping.

The Velcro does not tighten down and hold firm on a bare bar . I scratched hell out of new Jones H bars using these things when they twisted and dropped bike on concrete . Wont be using them again .
I think they are designed to go around the handlebar grip. At least that's where I apply mine. Works like a charm...

Do your Velcro straps not have a rubber coating on them? They’re super grippy in my experience. I would not have taken that picture with my camera equipment on the previous page otherwise.

They are bare bars when I was working on them . It says handle bar jacks and thats what I used them for . My bars are damaged but I will not bitch any more about that , I just say they are not what they are made out to be . I'm done with this thread and the jacks. Good night .

Edit: Perhaps get rid of that velcro and use a hook and latch rubber as seen on lights and other handlebar accessories .

Last edited:
These handlebar jacks are magic. But if the Velcro is not tight enough over the grips or bar (hooks and loops wear over time) the jack can slip out of position and exposed components can get damaged. Rubber straps would be more secure.

Attachments

• 1_handlebarjack_mongoose.jpg
    1_handlebarjack_mongoose.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
These handlebar jacks are magic. But if the Velcro is not tight enough over the grips or bar (hooks and loops wear over time) the jack can slip out of position and exposed components can get damaged. Rubber straps would be more secure.
BTW, what grips are those?

I have a pair > IMO they aren't designed for maintaining your bike . They are for out on the rode use . For working on a bike . 2x4 works great . I just leave my Handlebar jacks in my Trunk bag

Yes, this is very important to remember. I have found that my Magura brakes are highly sensitive to inverting the bike for any length of time. I try avoiding it if I can. Had an issue with brake lever travel and had to bleed the system. So far so good.
Oh snap! Never entered my mind. :oops:

When I work on my bike at home I use a pair of 2x4 scraps.

If I ever have to work on my bike in the field, I plan to loosen the 5mm allen head screws on my bar ends and rotate them so they keep the RideControl One from touching the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_2945.PNG
    IMG_2945.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 251
Hello EBR!

With Court's blessing I am pleased to announce the launch of an ebike accessory. But first a bit about me. I have been and active follower for about 2 years. And before that this was my favorite site for learning all there was about ebikes before I made my purchase. To date I am commuting about 3-4 days a week 22 miles round trip. With 2300 + miles in about 2 years. And without further ado...

- The Original Handlebar Jack!

For about the last year I have been tinkering in my garage making this accessory. It is very utility in nature as I was worried about damaging my fixed control panel on my bike. Not all bikes have removable screens, and most in my estimation are fixed to the handle bars. So, I had a bunch of stress centered around my first flat tire. Because when you change a flat out in the field the easiest thing to do is to flip it on the handlebars and then service your bike. Well in my case it could damage the control screen or throttle. The Handlebar Jack is a mini purpose-built tripod that attaches temporarily to your handlebars creating a stable offset to rest your handlebars upside down while you do a field repair. When not in use the Jacks magnetically lock together and can be stowed in a trunk bag or backpack.

The Original Handlebar Jack gives you the piece of mind when performing a field repair or routine maintenance on your bicycle.

The Original Handlebar is produced and hand assembled (by me) with help from the latest 3d printing technology using high quality ABS plastic.

I am currently producing The Original Handlebar Jack in small batches. If you are interested in one please swing by my website.

Or if you just like the idea share and like my Facebook page with your friends. https://www.facebook.com/handlebarJacks

View attachment 33760View attachment 33759View attachment 33758View attachment 33756View attachment 33762View attachment 33755

I would like to thank the community in advance for your support.

Andy
I ordered and received mine in December! It works great! The only problem I have is with the weight of my bike, and balancing it when I flip it over. But that's on me, a 68 yr old grandmother! I always ride with some one else so that is not an issue. Five stars!

I ordered and received mine in December! It works great! The only problem I have is with the weight of my bike, and balancing it when I flip it over. But that's on me, a 68 yr old grandmother! I always ride with some one else so that is not an issue. Five stars!
An alternative to flipping the ebike upside down is to scare up something just the right height to stick under the bottom bracket to get the weight off the back wheel. Or the front for that matter. They do this with dirt bikes. I found an old kettle and with the right book on top of it ( kettle upside down ) the bike will sit there by itself. Gotta be real careful not to knock it over when taking off a wheel as the bike is just balanced up there. Gotta remember that the chain ring has to hang free off of one side.

Other way is to use ratchet straps over a tree limb, exposed garage beam/framing, etc. I do this to wash my bike, spin and clean the chain and lube it. I have a good bike mechanic's stand but the bike is just too heavy. It's okay for partial lifting or holding upright during manipulations.

An alternative to flipping the ebike upside down is to scare up something just the right height to stick under the bottom bracket to get the weight off the back wheel. Or the front for that matter. They do this with dirt bikes. I found an old kettle and with the right book on top of it ( kettle upside down ) the bike will sit there by itself. Gotta be real careful not to knock it over when taking off a wheel as the bike is just balanced up there. Gotta remember that the chain ring has to hang free off of one side.

Other way is to use ratchet straps over a tree limb, exposed garage beam/framing, etc. I do this to wash my bike, spin and clean the chain and lube it.
I have a good bike mechanic's stand but the bike is just too heavy. It's okay for partial lifting or holding upright during manipulations.
I have used a few of these methods depending on the task... maintenance vs. cleaning. ;)

IMG_3769.jpg

Last edited:
Back