Got my 1st "cheater" shout today

In the last week, in NYC, I have seen two or three people on these new micro segway things. Its like a motorized skateboard but the wheels are at the ends so your feet are side by side, like on a segway. The only thing amazing about them is how few people on the street stop and stare in amazement. Ebikes are so common now, they are invisible. You never see any nice ones around since its not safe to leave them locked on the street. I'm spoiled with free, street level private parking at my work place for my ez motion bikes.

I had a lady stop me on the side of the road..... she was in her car..... almost hanging out of the window...... "is that a self powered bike???!!!"....... "that is soo cool"! " it looks like you are having the time of your life" :) :) Nothing but positive vibes so far.

Cheating what? Cheating who? People really don't think at all, they just react out of conformity. I haven't encountered this yet, but that might be mostly because where I live hardly anyone rides a bike at all (too many hills, no good biking infrastructure, lots of tiny country roads with fast moving cars).

A correlary story was catching a fast rider doing about 22 mph and following for about a minute before it was safe to pass. He sensed I was there and I could tell he was "working it".

Upon a safe overtake, I smiled and gave him a friendly wave and said something to the effect of, "don't feel bad, it's electric" while pointing to my bike.

The rider had the biggest smile and a happy face of relief and said, "man, you were moving" and we went our happy ways.

In Los Angeles I've heard no comments so far, all the road bikes I meet at intersections just say hi. I dont let them get away with that and say "screw all you lycra crazies" or something just as clever like "hello, have a good ride".

I was out for a quick 10 mile sprint today and cruising along at 23-25 mph when from across the road, going the opposite direction came the infamous "cheater" shout. The guy looked like he spent as much on his cloths as I did on my Stromer.

Caught me off guard and at the passing speeds I didn't have time for an instant come back.

Anyone have a favorite?

My daughter suggested "caveman".
I have a few

Hey thanks but I'm not a lawyer

Smile and wave and say I'm lovin life!

Jealous?

I was out for a quick 10 mile sprint today and cruising along at 23-25 mph when from across the road, going the opposite direction came the infamous "cheater" shout. The guy looked like he spent as much on his cloths as I did on my Stromer.

Caught me off guard and at the passing speeds I didn't have time for an instant come back.

Anyone have a favorite?

My daughter suggested "caveman".

When they yell cheater, I instantly (and good naturally) reply, "Loser!"

Back