Good Stuff You Bought

My new best friend.

MotoMaster Eliminator 1400A Booster Pack with Air Compressor
Canadian Tire - sale price today: $175.00
It saved me at least $80.00 today as my vehicle battery was dead. It will pay for itself in no-time at all.
1650380836787.png

Last edited:
Does it work from your bike battery that isn't 12v ?
It does and it is! I tapped in to the displays 48 volt feed and added a 48v-12v step down converter. I have my lights and this charger working on that. I wired in an ignition switch BEFORE that circuit. Now, I use the key to turn on the bike. The light and this charger come on. Then, I can turn on my display with its power button and ride. I really didn’t like that anyone could just come up to my bike and turn it on.

It does and it is! I tapped in to the displays 48 volt feed and added a 48v-12v step down converter. I have my lights and this charger working on that. I wired in an ignition switch BEFORE that circuit. Now, I use the key to turn on the bike. The light and this charger come on. Then, I can turn on my display with its power button and ride. I really didn’t like that anyone could just come up to my bike and turn it on.

I really didn’t like that anyone could just come up to my bike and turn it on.
Yeah. I don't like that someone can wreck the bike as it's locked up by turning it on and givin' er throttle. I solved that throttle issue the cheesy way: cable tie slipped into the brake lever assembly so the motor cutoff switch is employed

Another cable tie hack that I use is inserting a tiny cable tie( the box end) into the brake lever opening created when you squeeze the lever.
Then nobody can turn the motor on when I have the bike locked up and would have a very slow getaway even if they cut through the 3 chains or locks.

Someone did try to ruin the display by stabbing it with something while it was locked up at a store. A little cosmetic damage only. Maybe a drunk or a kid.

Another cool thing I got is an alarm.

27E9634A-4C57-4619-A596-DCCF14B9AAFA.jpeg

I wired this before my ignition switch and it has constant power. I installed this above my battery, inside the downtube. I just wired the red and black and use it as a motion alarm. Really just did this to play with wiring things. Not really using it.

This has extended my commuting by ebike to work season right through winter. The additional car fuel I save more than covers the cost.

This has extended my commuting by ebike to work season right through winter. The additional car fuel I save more than covers the cost.
Nice. I say the same for my riding gear. Rode to work all winter except maybe 3 or 4 times in vehicle.

Here is one Good Stuff, better than some meds I get from the VA.
Just kidding, I bought replacement tires for my next tire change. 🙃
I bought a pair of tires last year in case they became scarce but the Kendas that came on the bike are still good after 8000 km so I haven't switched them out yet. I'm trying to keep the new ones preserved meanwhile by keeping them out of sunlight and periodically rotating them and flexing them. I hope that extends their shelf life

Last edited:
What's your solution to prevent frozen hands?

Another cool thing I got is an alarm.

View attachment 121528

I wired this before my ignition switch and it has constant power. I installed this above my battery, inside the downtube. I just wired the red and black and use it as a motion alarm. Really just did this to play with wiring things. Not really using it.
I had a cheapie Amazon motion alarm but it started to malfunction by making just a clicking sound and not arming unless I removed and reinstalled the battery every time. I thought someone might suspect it was a ticking bomb, so it went to the garbage bin. Plus it wasn't as loud an alarm as I'd hoped for anyway.

What do you do to prevent frozen hands?
Two pairs of gloves.
First pair is a pair of silicone gardening gloves $3.00 sale at Save-On-Foods - green to match my Rize Liberty tires.
And the outer gloves are a a woolen pair with silicone(?) palm grips from the dollar store.

Last edited:
Over here it gets so cold that snowmobile gloves don't keep my fingers from freezing. Several times so cold I was almost unable to keep the push throttle open to get home.
Mostly now use knitted gloves with sheepskin or goatskin gloves over them. If I find any cheap and good merino gloves I'll get them, but on amazon people complain that they are very thin and last almost no time at all.

Two pairs of gloves.
First pair is a pair of silicone gardening gloves $3.00 sale at Save-On-Foods - green to match my Rize Liberty tires.
And the outer gloves are a a woolen pair with silicone(?) palm grips from the dollar store.
You go reverse from me...I use the knitted gloves inside. I also tried rubber dishwashing gloves as one layer to stop the wind. Maybe 3 layers next winter :)

You go reverse from me...I use the knitted gloves inside. I also tried rubber dishwashing gloves as one layer to stop the wind. Maybe 3 layers next winter :)
The silicon gloves are tight - and great for cell phone use. The woolen are loose and work well over the green gloves. I will post a photo of them in a few.

I just read your post about how cold it is in your area - obviously, my type of gloves would not work for such cold weather.
I wear the green pair on my Rize Liberty with the green tires, and the red pair worn while riding my RadRunner+ with the red tires.
The red pair are from Walmart, and I think that I paid about 5.00.

Attachments

• 20220429_155359.jpg
    20220429_155359.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Back