Good Stuff You Bought

Over here it gets so cold that snowmobile gloves don't keep my fingers from freezing. Several times so cold I was almost unable to keep the push throttle open to get home.
Mostly now use knitted gloves with sheepskin or goatskin gloves over them. If I find any cheap and good merino gloves I'll get them, but on amazon people complain that they are very thin and last almost no time at all.
if you dont work hard on the bike the cold is far worse. more like riding a snow mobile.

Switched over from Lishui controller and KD218c display to LCD8H and 25a (max) KT controller. It’s very nice!

85A5CA00-9A48-4AF5-A008-2FDF4D216F8B.jpeg

Now I just need to adjust for the correct speedometer read out.

if you dont work hard on the bike the cold is far worse. more like riding a snow mobile.
True. With the severe cold, however, comes the ice and snow on the bike riding area and I often lower the seat and keep my feet out skinmming the surface to save the bike from sliding out. It hapopened this past winter where the ice was so slippery I had to let the bike go and get off it. The only thing saving me was already having feet on the ground and it was at low speed. I had already corrected a slide-out a few times by using my feet but one patch was absurdly sippery ice under the snow.

Here's an item I can recommend very highly. This lightweight 100 % merino wool sweater is flawless, smooth, beautiful and it's an incredible price. If you buy a bit more shipping is free. $24 for a perfectly made merino sweater. that can't be beat. I can hardly resist buying more of them :) Only in Canada, eh? At The Bay https://www.thebay.com/
Black Brown 1826

Merino Wool Crewneck Sweater​

Price reduced from$59.99to $23.96

1651883127298.png

Last edited:
Here's an item I can recommend very highly. This lightweight 100 % merino wool sweater is flawless, smooth, beautiful and it's an incredible price. If you buy a bit more shipping is free. $24 for a perfectly made merino sweater. that can't be beat. I can hardly resist buying more of them :) Only in Canada, eh? At The Bay https://www.thebay.com/
Black Brown 1826

Merino Wool Crewneck Sweater​

Price reduced from$59.99to $23.96

View attachment 122545
Base layers y-e-s-s-s

Best thing I've bought in awhile is a pair of Beats Fit Pro earbuds.
Best earbuds I've ever owned by far, and I've had 3 or 4 pairs of wireless buds previously.
Highly recommended. CN
Can you hear the ambience while riding in these earbuds?

I live 1 1/2 blocks from a Bay. Off to have a look tomorrow. CN
Good luck with THAT. The actual store being a plethora of individual boutique shops with staff for that shop. Lots of racks and clothes get scattered around on different racks. The online ones came perfect but in the shop they have been rifled through, tried on, dropped on the floor, threads pulled, etc. That's if you can find the item at all.

Good Stuff on the way.
I have city tires by Kenda with smallish tread and they've had no flats in over 5000 miles. I used Slime in them They are wearing down now. I've stopped bothering about taking along pump and tire repair kit. I would if I was going on any long ride out of the city, but in the city it's easy to get on public transport. At most I'd have to wait until rush hours are over.
I just checked out Stan's Race Sealant. That stuff gets great approval.

Here's a great innovation I just found. It's a pet brush that has retractable metal bristles, so when it's full of hair you only have to push the button to retract the bristles, leaving all the hair that you can just swipe off into the garbage.
pet brush.jpg
It works really well.

I just bought a Dewalt 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless 550 PSI power cleaner.
I already have a gas powered power washer, but I don't use it on my bikes for fear of damaging the electrics or getting water in where it should go.
Our water comes from our well and our water pressure sucks, so I'm hoping this will give me more pressure.
I already have the bigger Dewalt 20v batteries for my cordless Dewalt chainsaw and skill saw, so I just bought the tool.

I bought these "Cat-Ears" wind noise reducers:

Some say they don't work but for me, they reduce annoying wind noise significantly. They make you look like you've got a bad set of sideburns but in this case, I'll take function over form.

Back