Going to document my weight loss

Last year I lost 35kg (77lb / 5.5 stone) through a mixture of a low carb diet and more e-bike cycling.

Since then, I’ve put about 13kg (28lb / 2 stone) back on, so have been back on the low carb diet and more e-bike cycling again.

Pleased to report that it’s working and have lost about 8kg (18lb / 1.3 stone) so far plus cycling on average 130 miles (208km) per week.

The good thing is that I’m enjoying it.

DG…

I’ve lost some weight, not really from biking but not buying chips or anything sweet. I’m hungry all the time but when I was eating too much I was hungry all the time too.

This was my before and after photos.

IMG_0214.jpeg
IMG_0938.jpeg

DG…

I've lost about 5 lbs since starting Keto. Biking every day to the gym and back and taking in under 1400 calories a day mostly beef, nuts, eggs and cheese. Also, not eating until around 10am or so and not eating after 6pm.

I've lost about 5 lbs since starting Keto. Biking every day to the gym and back and taking in under 1400 calories a day mostly beef, nuts, eggs and cheese. Also, not eating until around 10am or so and not eating after 6pm.
god, I wish I could eat so little. something is wonky with my body and I can't eat carbs of any time as they make me sick. but my basic calorie intake is around 3500 calories and I just have enough energy for my 18-mile commute. all other riding I have to eat as many calories as I burn. evening ride 300 calories I have to add that extra to my dinner. saturday 1200 calories burned I have to add that to my daily calorie intake or I run out of energy.

I’ve lost 38 kgs over the last 5 years, going from 120kgs to 82kgs. Over that time I have experimented with diet vs exercise. Diet is certainly easier than hammering your body with intense exercise which I found was causing joint soreness.

To overcome my joint soreness, over the last 18 months I have looked more closely at my diet, which resulted in eating far less carbs, fat and sugar, and more protein, fruit and veg.

I no longer eat bread, cereal, pasta or rice. I no longer have any sugar in my coffee and have switched to using almond milk instead of full cream. I can’t remember the last time I ate fast food. I don’t drink soft drinks, diet or otherwise. And have stopped drinking beer at home, and now only drink socially. I now drink more water than a fish. I don’t eat 2-3 hours before going to bed and eat all my meals within a 10 hour window, where possible.

Oh, and I started riding my e-bikes to work, since last October, weather depending. For me dropping weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. The exercise part only needs to sufficient that it amps up your metabolism first thing in the morning. My ride to work is only
circa 6 klms but I ride fairly intensely on the lowest PAS regardless of the terrain.

Pics for attention 120 kgs vs 92kgs, noting that I have lost another 10 kgs since the second pic when I started commuting to/from work on my e-bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0825.jpeg
    IMG_0825.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I'm gaining weight. I stopped riding my acoustic bike and ride my ebike with bafang ultra 1,000 watt mid drive motor in the highest level of assist. I don't work at all but man am I having fun!

I’ve lost 38 kgs over the last 5 years, going from 120kgs to 82kgs. Over that time I have experimented with diet vs exercise. Diet is certainly easier than hammering your body with intense exercise which I found was causing joint soreness.

To overcome my joint soreness, over the last 18 months I have looked more closely at my diet, which resulted in eating far less carbs, fat and sugar, and more protein, fruit and veg.

I no longer eat bread, cereal, pasta or rice. I no longer have any sugar in my coffee and have switched to using almond milk instead of full cream. I can’t remember the last time I ate fast food. I don’t drink soft drinks, diet or otherwise. And have stopped drinking beer at home, and now only drink socially. I now drink more water than a fish. I don’t eat 2-3 hours before going to bed and eat all my meals within a 10 hour window, where possible.

Oh, and I started riding my e-bikes to work, since last October, weather depending. For me dropping weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. The exercise part only needs to sufficient that it amps up your metabolism first thing in the morning. My ride to work is only
circa 6 klms but I ride fairly intensely on the lowest PAS regardless of the terrain.

Pics for attention 120 kgs vs 92kgs, noting that I have lost another 10 kgs since the second pic when I started commuting to/from work on my e-bikes.
Sounds somewhat similar to the Keto diet I went on last Octorber for about 6 months. Kept my carbs under 20 every day and used intermittent fasting. Went from 180 to 153 then stopped! Back to 168 but I'm enjoying eating pasta and frijoles again! My cardiologist was not super keen on my cholesterol reports...

I have two methods to lose weight.
One is the half diet.
I simply eat the same, but half of it.
Chocolate bars, just break it in half and throw one half in the bin, empty half the crisps/chips in the bin as soon as I open the packet.
McDonalds the same, everything, once its in the bin you wont eat it.
Even better if you can feed a passing animal or hungry friend.

Second is going to bed early and sleeping through hunger, that works pretty well and boy do you feel refreshed.

Back