Going to document my weight loss

I am on a almost protein only diet. not by choice though. My body hates carbs they cause all kinds of health issues and they don't even give me energy. Fat for the most part does not seem to give me much energy either for the most part so most of my fuel comes from protein and the veggies I can eat 3 times a week. but I don't seem to lose weight if I cut down I run out of energy but I don't gain either. I think maybe I need to eat less fat as it just ends up as excess calories.

Here ya go... I'll definitely derail the thread! Ha!

Can plant based vegans drink beer?

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 3.37.44 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 3.37.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 3.37.44 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,057
Congratulations so far and best wishes ahead, Frank!!

I’ve used My Fitness Pal to track calories (a bit tedious maybe) and that has really helped me stay focused on weight loss when needed.

I know it is said diet soda is not the best for a person….I would sure have a though time giving it up entirely. No soda of any variety is probably the wisest choice…🙂
I am sure beer is a much healthier choice. Especially a nice IPA. Bellingham has something like 13 brew-pubs, plus tap rooms. I feel truly blessed to live in an era of fine microbrews.

I tried various diets. Though it is considered to be the most important change for weight loss, it turned out hard for me to lose weight. I did exercises at home, but I saw the best result only when I started riding. Moreover, it is much more fun than workouts.

Welcome to the forum! You've got the right idea! 👍

I was 272 in 2018 when I got into e-bikes. By the end of the 2022 season, I was down to 228. I put a few back on over the winter but they'll come off as soon as the 2023 riding season gets into full swing.

Congratulations so far and best wishes ahead, Frank!!

I’ve used My Fitness Pal to track calories (a bit tedious maybe) and that has really helped me stay focused on weight loss when needed.

I know it is said diet soda is not the best for a person….I would sure have a though time giving it up entirely. No soda of any variety is probably the wisest choice…🙂
I agree concerning "no soda." I'd much rather drink beer, especially a nuanced IPA. Thankfully Bellingham has a growing number of brew pubs, almost all of them reachable by ebike, and they welcome dogs, which is part of the fun.
The 18th century English cartoonist W. Hogarth, drew paired images, one a scene showing the social consequences of gin (newly popular at that time). Everybody is a drunk, including a mother whose infant is falling to its death from a high window.
The ale drinkers, on the other hand, are healthy, sane, prosperous and robust.

."

I tried various diets. Though it is considered to be the most important change for weight loss, it turned out hard for me to lose weight. I did exercises at home, but I saw the best result only when I started riding. Moreover, it is much more fun than workouts
All those modern popular diets can be very harmful for the most of the healthy human beings.
I understand when people do them when they have different medical conditions, but don't support that for weight loss purposes only.
Many diabetic people for example order themselves victoza online and do strict dieting for a very good reason, not cause they don't like an extra cantimeter on their belly.

Last edited:
Bumping this thead as I am about 10 days into Keto combined with daily workouts at the gym and elimination of beer. I am also trying to intermittent fast trying to wait 16 hours after my last meal of the day to when I have my breakfast the next day. Also, I bike about 5 miles each day and try to keep PAS in 3 max. I have lost about a pound but feel much better and less sluggish and tired. Anyone else have any success with Keto? I know I am in Ketosis at about 1.5 to 2.0 as I have bought the test strips and test 2 or 3 times a day.

Frank,
Being this is an old thread, I sure hope you are still making good progress. Getting up off the couch and doing anything is better than nothing. So GOOD for you.
As I age, weight becomes more difficult. Since I turned 60, I have had more health problems than ever before. Before 60 I had NEVER been in the hospital for anything. My brain tumor at age 60 set me back a ton, as well as losing some of my balance which is slowly getting better, but not enough to ride my prized recumbent 2 wheelers.
Due to my new e-bike, I am back on the saddle and doing more work with my heart and lungs trying to keep what I have. Due to chemical exposures my lung function is down to less than 80% so I can get very very winded. Last year I tried my MTB and got winded very easy so I hooked it back into the garage.
My average ride now on my e-bike is on level PAS-2 for about 90% of a 20 mile ride. I bring my heart rate up to just a bit over 100 bpm and try and keep it there for 10-15 mins. It takes a bit out of me, but either a bump up to PAS-3 or the throttle helps me as I cool down.

Weight is slow to come off, but in the past month I’ve lost 7 lbs and the tone in my legs is getting back to where it was pre-Covid.

I hope this helps.

Frank,
Being this is an old thread, I sure hope you are still making good progress. Getting up off the couch and doing anything is better than nothing. So GOOD for you.
As I age, weight becomes more difficult. Since I turned 60, I have had more health problems than ever before. Before 60 I had NEVER been in the hospital for anything. My brain tumor at age 60 set me back a ton, as well as losing some of my balance which is slowly getting better, but not enough to ride my prized recumbent 2 wheelers.
Due to my new e-bike, I am back on the saddle and doing more work with my heart and lungs trying to keep what I have. Due to chemical exposures my lung function is down to less than 80% so I can get very very winded. Last year I tried my MTB and got winded very easy so I hooked it back into the garage.
My average ride now on my e-bike is on level PAS-2 for about 90% of a 20 mile ride. I bring my heart rate up to just a bit over 100 bpm and try and keep it there for 10-15 mins. It takes a bit out of me, but either a bump up to PAS-3 or the throttle helps me as I cool down.

Weight is slow to come off, but in the past month I’ve lost 7 lbs and the tone in my legs is getting back to where it was pre-Covid.

I hope this helps.
OP hasn't posted on this thread for over a year.

Back