Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Well guys,
I got it here, the new MD 750 Wart Hog (Grey Ghost) has found it's new home, it is a BEAST to say the least,
a little rough around the edges, but what fun it is, with only 4.2 mile on it, in 30 minutes of play time,
back and forth up/down the 300 yd drive way.
I DO NOT like the walk mode as I have to jog along, way too fast of speed, that will have to be changed ASAP,
after a good break in.
Setting up all the aspects for seat/handle bar angle changes etc, etc.
Now I have to get all the little extra's needed, that don't come with it, I did get the Cloud 9 seat, Oh Ya.......

Later, Back to riding...........
Question > Where is the serial number/controller number located, as I can't find that info any where?
Tia,
Don

Would anyone have an Idea where or how to find the controller type/number?

Tia,
Don
Not positive what you’re looking for. It’s a Bafang controller. You can go into settings on your display, information, and there should be a hardware version and firmware version. Not sure which display the MD750 has, but to get into settings, it’s usually something like press the ‘i’(nfo) button twice quickly or press + and _ at the same time.

RTP
That is the information I am attempting to find = Which model of controller that is on my MD750 Bike,
so I can find a user manual on HOW it works etc.
There is no information in the bikes owner manual on how to operate the controller setting etc.

Tia,
Don

RTP
That is the information I am attempting to find = Which model of controller that is on my MD750 Bike,
so I can find a user manual on HOW it works etc.
There is no information in the bikes owner manual on how to operate the controller setting etc.

Tia,
Don
Seems like you're really asking about the DISPLAY - how about posting a pic of the display you have? It's probably something like a DP C18, but a pic would clarify then can locate the manual etc..
Here's a link to the pretty common DP C18 display: https://www.ebikechoices.com/dpc-18-display-manual-download/

Seems like you're really asking about the DISPLAY - how about posting a pic of the display you have? It's probably something like a DP C18, but a pic would clarify then can locate the manual etc..
Here's a link to the pretty common DP C18 display: https://www.ebikechoices.com/dpc-18-display-manual-download/
RTP
Thank you for that info,
I'll have to pull the DISPAY off and look at the back of it, but it sure looks like the one I have on the WH.
Thanks,
Don

RTP
The following numbers are on the back of my display:
DPC18.C11
702P1V4285231

HTH's
Tia,
Don
Then you should have your answer at the link I gave above - it's a DP C18, and the manual, including how to get into and change settings, is here:

That will let you change some specific settings, but not all. Going beyond that you'll need a 'programming' cable, the Bafang software (Windows) - or a programming cable and EggriderV2. Covered here:
Discussion on 'Frey Smooth Tune' here: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/bafang-ultra-smooth-tune-by-mike-at-frey.42394/

Does anyone know or has any resources to find out what the three (3) extra outlets (relays) located in the seat tube of the MD1000 and siblings can be used for? What accessories can be plugged in to them?

I have just been informed that as my bike has taken so long at the port Leili are offering me a full refund or the option another bike.

Great customer service from Leili as they have kept pestering the shipper for details and forwarded it all to me.

Does anyone know, (who runs a MD Wart Hog), on the battery, which one of the 4 slots
is the Pos and Neg connections, there is NO markings on my battery's.
As I want to test the voltage of the battery after each of my trips.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a update to the information I posted above:
The left edge slot is the Positive and the extreme right hand slot is the negative
slot. I haven't found out what the 2 center slots due or used for.
HTH's
Tia,
Don

Last edited:
Hey guys
Does anyone know the diameter of the rear axle, of the 750 MD Wart Hog?
I have to change mine out (has that Quick release type of axle) and I can't tow a trailer with it.
It has these spec's for the rear axle, "197 mm Hub Spacing Bearing, Quick Release".
Which I take to mean > 197mm is the length?

Tia,
Don

Curious if anyone knows what kind of connector this is so I can charge with a sur ron charger?

Thinking about using this to charge to 80% and the batteries are 48 volts that come with the bike. https://lunacycle.com/48v-3amp-luna-mini-charger/

Bikonit-Electirc-Bicycle-Universal-Details-4_3d54e377-20d5-44de-b251-9e712a8ccbba_2048x2048.jpg

The adaptor is on that webpage isn’t it?

Just click on the ‘here’ link for adaptors and it’s the XT60 to barrel. Really easy to make it yourself with 0 soldering skills.

If anyone can share their experience with adjusting the tension on the belt drive on the MD 1000 I would appreciate it.

The adaptor is on that webpage isn’t it?

Just click on the ‘here’ link for adaptors and it’s the XT60 to barrel. Really easy to make it yourself with 0 soldering skills.
The 2.5mm pin barrel connector is always out of stock. This is cheaper than luna and includes the correct adapter. Allows you to charge to 80% etc.

Just coming on to report that my MD1000 with the Belt Drive, Rohloff 14-speed internal hub has arrived. (Well, I went to the FedEx Service Center and picked it up 50 miles one way.) I ordered in mid-Dec of 2021 and received it on March 10. I did the transaction on Alibaba directly with Cindy at Changzhou Zhihong Electric Technology. It was a very good experience with good communication along the way. I just got it assembled and this thing is a literal Beast. I will post pictures and answer any questions anyone might have on the bike.

Back