Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

So how are y'all going about washing the mud off these electronic bicycles? Mine needs a bath but I don't want to damage anything. The display will be easy to protect but the batteries and motor..?

Attachments

• IMG_20210303_214159237.jpg
    IMG_20210303_214159237.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20210302_212217770.jpg
    IMG_20210302_212217770.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 186
Also, has anyone found the 48v 5A charger for these bikes for sale anywhere? It was an after though to get a second charger and lelei wants $50 plus $45 shipping. Just wondering if someone had found one that will work for sale somewhere else.

Attachments

• IMG_20210302_212119409.jpg
    IMG_20210302_212119409.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20210302_212143683.jpg
    IMG_20210302_212143683.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 152
My gear shifter is stuck at 5, anyway of fixing that?
Is your bike actually stuck in 5th gear or is it just the little orange indicator on the trigger shifter that’s stuck on 5th while you can still change through the gears. Mine was the later and I fixed it by replacing the whole trigger shifter and cable.
It’s a PITA of a job and if your not quite handy with tools I’d say get a bike shop to do it. It’s a real fiddly job and you need to be mechanically minded or you’ll end up in trouble quick.

The display on the trigger shifter comes apart if it’s just the orange needle that’s stuck but again, unless your confident get a bike shop to do it. Hope this helps bro. 👍

So how are y'all going about washing the mud off these electronic bicycles? Mine needs a bath but I don't want to damage anything. The display will be easy to protect but the batteries and motor..?
Mine gets a wash n blow dry when I rip through the little culvert at the bottom of where I live. It loves it... I think!! 😁

Is your bike actually stuck in 5th gear or is it just the little orange indicator on the trigger shifter that’s stuck on 5th while you can still change through the gears. Mine was the later and I fixed it by replacing the whole trigger shifter and cable.
It’s a PITA of a job and if your not quite handy with tools I’d say get a bike shop to do it. It’s a real fiddly job and you need to be mechanically minded or you’ll end up in trouble quick.

The display on the trigger shifter comes apart if it’s just the orange needle that’s stuck but again, unless your confident get a bike shop to do it. Hope this helps bro. 👍
Just the orange indicator on the shifter is stuck / not moving

Where did you purchase your shifter?

Where did you purchase your shifter?
I got mine me from a bike shop in the UK.

I’m sure the part is the “ C50 Sturmey Archer trigger shifter “. Make sure it comes with the cable too. If you do a google search you’ll get somewhere in the US that supplies them for sure. Mine was just over £40 delivered, so not too expensive.

If you have any problems finding it let me know and I’ll help you find it.

I got mine me from a bike shop in the UK.

I’m sure the part is the “ C50 Sturmey Archer trigger shifter “. Make sure it comes with the cable too. If you do a google search you’ll get somewhere in the US that supplies them for sure. Mine was just over £40 delivered, so not too expensive.

If you have any problems finding it let me know and I’ll help you find it.
Just checked...

Sturmey Archer DLC50 5 Speed Rotary Trigger Shifter - HSJ206​

It was £20 too, the other £20 was postage.

Good luck.

Isn’t your bike new? If so, shouldn’t the bike including the shifter still be under warranty?
It is. But...

I could get the part from the UK myself the next day and fit it myself or, wait god knows how long on it coming from China.

Leili didn’t have the part in stock either so who knows when I would have got it? I would then have to find a shop to do the work which would have been another head ache I’d imagine. I opted to DIY it and be on my bike in a couple of days.

It is. But...

I could get the part from the UK myself the next day and fit it myself or, wait god knows how long on it coming from China.

Leili didn’t have the part in stock either so who knows when I would have got it? I would then have to find a shop to do the work which would have been another head ache I’d imagine. I opted to DIY it and be on my bike in a couple of days.
Leili sent me a new one, came in 5 days :)

A couple of questions, I got the gates tension tool coming, I was wondering what the lbs should be? and of those who put on the tannus armor, what PSI did you get your bikes to?

A couple of questions, I got the gates tension tool coming, I was wondering what the lbs should be? and of those who put on the tannus armor, what PSI did you get your bikes to?
im running about 50-55 lbs. More than gates recommends, less than Luna cycle recommends.

Back