Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

So I ordered my MD1000 on Nov. 30th from Leili and it will be at my doorstep in NY tomorrow. Just about 3 months on the nose which I was able to expect and not sweat about after reading about the wait times you all experienced. Anyway, rather than search through our long thread here, I was wondering if any owners could remind me of the code I need and required steps to unlock the speed controller. Thanks in advance and BTW, Yes, I'm excited lol.
You don’t need any code buddy. You can set the top speed right from the display. The bike is pretty much programmed to go right from the factory.

So I ordered my MD1000 on Nov. 30th from Leili and it will be at my doorstep in NY tomorrow. Just about 3 months on the nose which I was able to expect and not sweat about after reading about the wait times you all experienced. Anyway, rather than search through our long thread here, I was wondering if any owners could remind me of the code I need and required steps to unlock the speed controller. Thanks in advance and BTW, Yes, I'm excited lol.
Congrats and glad you had a more normal delivery time frame. The display unlock is 1919 on my MD1000. I believe that is the Bafang default.

My top battery is now capable of seating properly but takes a firm press; I routinely check that both batteries are secure and then engage the sliders to be even more sure - I'm trying to turn it into a good habit. Batteries are expensive, might take a long time to arrive, and a worse scenario is damage a flying brick can cause.
Yeah, I'm very lucky the battery survived and there wasn't significant collateral damage when I ran over the battery. Could've been really ugly. I'm thinking of getting a velcro strap as a backup battery retainer.

Mine didn't have a code

Yeah, I'm very lucky the battery survived and there wasn't significant collateral damage when I ran over the battery. Could've been really ugly. I'm thinking of getting a velcro strap as a backup battery retainer.
I use the SKS x-guard to protect the backside downtube battery. The velcro strap that holds the guard on gives me a sense of security lol

So I ordered my MD1000 on Nov. 30th from Leili and it will be at my doorstep in NY tomorrow. Just about 3 months on the nose which I was able to expect and not sweat about fter reading about the wait times you all experienced. Anyway, rather than search through our long thread here, I was wondering if any owners could remind me of the code I need and required steps to unlock the speed controller. Thanks in advance and BTW, Yes, I'm excited lol.
I have 2 HD 750 bikes delivering today. They must have been on the same boat as your's.

I use the SKS x-guard to protect the backside downtube battery. The velcro strap that holds the guard on gives me a sense of security lol
I ordered these as cheap insurance for battery retention. Pack of 8 for $11 and they are the correct circumference.

Re the display code, that was first day use and never since and it is so long I had forgotten it's the double press of the I button that gets you into the Advanced Menu section. The 1919 must be for the PC cable controller (Terry?).

Last edited:
The Tannus Armor inserts finally arrived and I ordered new Maxxis Minion tires. The originals are in amazingly good shape 800 miles in and I'll keep them as spares. I figured putting in the time to install I might as well go with new tires. I'm not easy on them and it seems they will go at least 2000 miles per set. Nice that Leili didn't cheap out on the tires. :cool:

The 1919 passcode is just for putting an electronic lock on your display so if say you leave it parked up some parasite can’t just jump on your bike and power it up and drive off without inputting that code if you’ve activated it. It’s just a lock code for the unit.

I think on some bikes that use that same display it maybe locks access to certain settings but I’ve not found any locked settings so far for our bikes. Everything is already accessible right out the box.

The programmable settings that are programmed from Leili are pretty well maxed out as far as power goes. You can adjust the power delivery and what PAS lvs get what power and things like that with the cable you buy from Amazon or wherever. Those settings are all on this thread a bit further back and are well worth a read before you start playing. If you do plan to get in about the settings remember to make a copy of your original settings before you start playing for obvious reasons. 👍

I hope you're enjoying your first ride about now and having a hassle-free experience. Finally getting to really enjoy mine and got in 25 miles of beautiful scenery after work. Unfortunately Tannus' latest batch of fat-tire inserts already sold out. It happens fast, so I'd recommend getting on the list to be notified about the next one, if your terrain is anywhere near as tire-bitey as mine.

I hope you're enjoying your first ride about now and having a hassle-free experience. Finally getting to really enjoy mine and got in 25 miles of beautiful scenery after work. Unfortunately Tannus' latest batch of fat-tire inserts already sold out. It happens fast, so I'd recommend getting on the list to be notified about the next one, if your terrain is anywhere near as tire-bitey as mine.
Bike arrived this afternoon undamaged and as ordered. I hastily slapped it together as I had foolishly agreed to go with the wife to her sister's house for dinner, thus limiting my time. I got one quick joy ride in with the single battery I had charged and put it in the lower location. After some quick runs and a huge smile I jumped what was left of a small snow pile into my stone driveway and the battery fell out! Well, looks like I got the first scratch out of the way! Bike is a riot! Can't wait to get some more time on it. I have the front and rear racks but didn't install them yet, it just looks too cool without them haha. Oh btw, my gear indicator is stuck on 5 just like Terry's. Not sure what to do about that.

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_165657959.jpg
    IMG_20210301_165657959.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 185
Bike arrived this afternoon undamaged and as ordered. I hastily slapped it together as I had foolishly agreed to go with the wife to her sister's house for dinner, thus limiting my time. I got one quick joy ride in with the single battery I had charged and put it in the lower location. After some quick runs and a huge smile I jumped what was left of a small snow pile into my stone driveway and the battery fell out! Well, looks like I got the first scratch out of the way! Bike is a riot! Can't wait to get some more time on it. I have the front and rear racks but didn't install them yet, it just looks too cool without them haha. Oh btw, my gear indicator is stuck on 5 just like Terry's. Not sure what to do about that.
I'm pretty sure your front forks are 180° out of phase.
You'll probably need to loosen some bolts, spin some stuff and get that disc on the left side. It will correct the rake & It will ride better too!

Good observation! That's how hastily I put it together! I corrected it, I just attached the wrong photo. Good eye! I was embarrassed when I noticed I did that even though no one was watching lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_224406753.jpg
    IMG_20210301_224406753.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 168
Did you engage the slider on the battery? There are two locks, one which engages automatically and releases with the key, and on the opposite side, a little black oval plastic slider.

My problem was that even though I heard a snap from the automatic one, it wasn't fully engaged, and when I learned about the slider, it didn't work because the battery wasn't quite seated. The source of the problem was the alignment of the black plastic piece in the slot, in my case the one at the connector end. Diagnosis was the hard part, but after that, all I had to do was unscrew that piece, seat properly, and tighten back down.

Did you engage the slider on the battery? There are two locks, one which engages automatically and releases with the key, and on the opposite side, a little black oval plastic slider.

My problem was that even though I heard a snap from the automatic one, it wasn't fully engaged, and when I learned about the slider, it didn't work because the battery wasn't quite seated. The source of the problem was the alignment of the black plastic piece in the slot, in my case the one at the connector end. Diagnosis was the hard part, but after that, all I had to do was unscrew that piece, seat properly, and tighten back down.
Nope! Wasn't aware until just now. I heard the snap after using the keyed latch, didn't realize that little black oval was a second lock. I need to slooooooooow down! haha. Thanks guys!

Good to see more bikes arriving and more members posting here. Interesting that there is another shifter stuck in 5th out of the box. There seems to be an issues with the gear shift cable binding. Could be poor installation or the cable itself or both. I'm meeting with another LBS tomorrow and hoping to get to the bottom of this issue.

I asked Leili to send me a new one. It came in last then a week. Haven't installed it yet

I asked Leili to send me a new one. It came in last then a week. Haven't installed it yet
They’re a bit of a PITA to install. What I learned through doing mine is to make sure the wee nut thing that attaches to the selector arm is going to settle on the correct side of the arm as it only goes 1 way. The proper nut faces away from the hub and the half circle side faces into the hub. Do like a dry run or you end up having to twist the cable as well as getting it to hook in. There’s a wee hole on the selector arm you can stick a small screwdriver or whatever in to pull it round so you can get the nut into the selector arm then release it for it all to tighten up. Select 5th gear as it gives you the most slack cable to play with while doing all this. The length of sleeve between the hub and cable guide was too long on mine too causing my cable to be too long. I dunno if this is supposed to be like this. I cut mine down. You’ll see how I mean when you go to do the job if you do it on your own.

Back