Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

That's a long list @GEF but it includes some good information. I'm afraid that you may not find much help for your SRAM Cassette Chain drive here as most bought the MD 1000 with the SA IGH Belt.

Funny you should mention that. I first started thinking seriously about the Biktrix version when you reviewed your test ride on the Bikonit. Now that I have the thing, and finally got to ride a big hill today, I'm thinking the SA IGH would be fine. The reason is that the bike seems happiest in high gear. What I mean is that the highest gear seems the most comfortable on a 3% slope in PAS 1, maybe the next highest for 5%. On a 10% grade for 2mi, I found I needed PAS 3 to keep the same ease, but I was in 8th gear out of 11. Lower gear didn't seem to improve things. So a huge granny gear doesn't seem to be something I need. Larger chain ring than my 44-tooth would be interesting, because somewhere between 20 and 25mph, I can't feel any resistance in pedals at any speed I spin them, and I get that just coasting on the downhills.

As for a dropper post, mine is the one biktrix sells, kindshock exaform 861, and its max extension matches min, but I seem to recall you mentioning you're quite a bit taller than me.

Funny you should mention that. I first started thinking seriously about the Biktrix version when you reviewed your test ride on the Bikonit. Now that I have the thing, and finally got to ride a big hill today, I'm thinking the SA IGH would be fine. The reason is that the bike seems happiest in high gear. What I mean is that the highest gear seems the most comfortable on a 3% slope in PAS 1, maybe the next highest for 5%. On a 10% grade for 2mi, I found I needed PAS 3 to keep the same ease, but I was in 8th gear out of 11. Lower gear didn't seem to improve things. So a huge granny gear doesn't seem to be something I need. Larger chain ring than my 44-tooth would be interesting, because somewhere between 20 and 25mph, I can't feel any resistance in pedals at any speed I spin them, and I get that just coasting on the downhills.

As for a dropper post, mine is the one biktrix sells, kindshock exaform 861, and its max extension matches min, but I seem to recall you mentioning you're quite a bit taller than me.
I think any ebike with the Ultra motor (or similar) doesn't need many gears. I could easily get by with 3 but it will be nice to have 5 gears on the rare occasions I do some off road hill climbing. Sport mode is fun but really eats battery. I may order a 4th battery and carry 2 hot spares on long rides.

No they should be good brakes. RMK has a bunch of ebikes so I was hoping he could give a comparison on their performance
Says the man who just purchased 5 ebikes ... :)

The Tektro HD-E725 4 Piston Hydraulic brakes and 203MM rotors are one of the best features of the Bikonit bikes and all variants e.g. Generic MD 1000. It's all about stopping that fast moving mass quickly and efficiently and the HD-E725 brakes are the right tool for the job. I only have 275 miles on the bike but the brakes were correctly setup and adjusted right out of the box and have performed flawlessly.

I found a 2" hard rubber spacer to stabilize the rear fender. It rattled like crazy before this installation and now is silent. Used a 1/4" X 2.5" bolt and drilled out the rack plate and fender using a C clamp to hold them together. A 10 minute job that converted this annoying fender into a proper rear fender. I know there are other ways to anchor the fender and I think anything that stops the fender shake and rattle is a good idea.

Attachments

• Spacer.jpg
    Spacer.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Spacer-1.jpg
    Spacer-1.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 226
  • stable rear fender.jpg
    stable rear fender.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Can you take a picture of the bolt and nuts/washers?
They are installed. I just used a standard 2.5" X 1/4" hex screw, nut and 2 washers that you can find at any hardware store. I wanted an anodized black round head screw but they didn't have one so I used some flat black spray paint on the hex screw head/washer to match the rack and satisfy my anal tendencies. Use a little Loctite on the exposed thread under the fender and it should last the life of the bike.

I rode 30 miles yesterday and used sport mode and a bit more throttle than usual. Not much battery left at the end of the ride but it was fun to just ride and not think about range. I decided that I will get 2 additional batteries and chargers so that I have hot spares for both batteries (for 50 plus mile rides). It is the same or cheaper than controller mods that would at best add 10-15% range and, my total spend is still slightly less than a standard 2 battery Biktrix Juggernaut Beast.

I really don't like the branding stickers all over the Bikonit and Biktrix versions. Much prefer the stealthy look of the unbranded generic MD 1000 and I am happy I couldn't go camo for the color. The flat black is exactly what I was looking for. Of course that's a taste thing and YMMV :)

Last edited:
I rode 30 miles yesterday and used sport mode and a bit more throttle than usual. Not much battery left at the end of the ride but it was fun to just ride and not think about range. I decided that I will get 2 additional batteries and chargers so that I have hot spares for both batteries (for 50 plus mile rides). It is the same or cheaper than controller mods that would at best add 10-15% range and, my total spend is still slightly less than a standard 2 battery Biktrix Juggernaut Beast.

I really don't like the branding stickers all over the Bikonit and Biktrix versions. Much prefer the stealthy look of the unbranded generic MD 1000 and I am happy I couldn't go camo for the color. The flat black is exactly what I was looking for. Of course that's a taste thing and YMMV :)
What was your quote for 2 batteries, a charger and shipping?

Leili charges $480 for each 15Ah battery/5Ah charger shipped by air. I wanted 2 of each so never received a quote for 2 batteries and 1 charger.
Vicky told me: 2 batteries are $540, the charger is $60. The shipping cost is $150

Good news guys! I was told Tuesday night my bikes would be picked up from the warehouse within the next two days. Yesterday they were not picked up so today must be the day. Just in time for the snow coming sunday!

Good news guys! I was told Tuesday night my bikes would be picked up from the warehouse within the next two days. Yesterday they were not picked up so today must be the day. Just in time for the snow coming sunday!
I hope your trucking company does a better job than mine. You must have a big garage and with bad weather you can take your time with the setup. Make sure the brakes and belt drive are adjusted and review and tweak the controller settings to taste. The head/stem bolt on mine was a little loose so you should check that (this video shows how). I guess with a fleet of MD 1000's you will have lot's of batteries at your disposal. Can't wait to see photos of the unboxing and setup (no pressure ;-)).

Did you do 30 miles with 2 batteries?

Did you do 30 miles with 2 batteries?
The MD 1000 bike comes with 2 batteries standard. The HD 750 has 1 battery stock and a second battery must be ordered as an addon. So that said yes, my mileage reports are always using 2 batteries. I will have 2 additional batteries (hot spares) purchased separately that will double my range but I need to carry them with me on the bike.

Last edited:
I hope your trucking company does a better job than mine. You must have a big garage and with bad weather you can take your time with the setup. Make sure the brakes and belt drive are adjusted and review and tweak the controller settings to taste. The head/stem bolt on mine was a little loose so you should check that (this video shows how). I guess with a fleet of MD 1000's you will have lot's of batteries at your disposal. Can't wait to see photos of the unboxing and setup (no pressure ;-)).
Thanks for the heads up on the head/stem bolt. I got a tension gauge for the belt and the carbon drive app for the frequency. I haven't got the programming cable yet, hoping the stock programming would be okay. My plan is to test the batteries voltage before charge to make sure its above 32.5 volts (2.5 volts x 13 cells in series). Im going to have 12 batteries in total lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the head/stem bolt. I got a tension gauge for the belt and the carbon drive app for the frequency. I haven't got the programming cable yet, hoping the stock programming would be okay. My plan is to test the batteries voltage before charge to make sure its above 32.5 volts (2.5 volts x 13 cells in series). Im going to have 12 batteries in total lol
Hi Ty, you're probably smarter about this than me, but I lost a bolt from my rear brake - could be anywhere in town at this point. Should have done a better job inspecting the bolts before riding.

Hi Ty, you're probably smarter about this than me, but I lost a bolt from my rear brake - could be anywhere in town at this point. Should have done a better job inspecting the bolts before riding.
Thanks for the heads up! I will probably lose a few bolts at some point 😔

Turns out the bikes did not leave the warehouse. Leila wants me to contact the warehouse now and pressure them to ship my bikes. Should have just picked them up in the beginning of month instead of trusting the system. How hard is it to hand it off to fedex.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and push them to get the bikes out the door. The warehouse said they were going to get the bikes out weeks ago. It's snowing on Sunday and Monday so probably won't be able to get out for awhile

Last edited:
Back