Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

These pictures are great and the bike Suits you!

Long wait but worth it!

Too bad none of the YouTube channels reviewed it yet except Bolton.
Thanks, I really think it's the perfect fit for me. The only downside is I really have to hold back for my wife to keep up. I find this bike likes to cruise along about 4-5mph faster than hers. So it's a workout for her while I am getting nothing close to a workout. Sometimes even shutting PAS off.

Thing with this bike is I don't think it would get reviewed fairly. Most of the reviewers out there are pavement pounders which isn't really what this bike is about. I agree, I would love to see someone really put one through it's paces that is a far better rider than myself. See it drag a heavy trailer. Point it up some narly mountain trails to see what it can and cannot do. You know, man $hit!! Things like that LOL.

The only downside is I really have to hold back for my wife to keep up. I find this bike likes to cruise along about 4-5mph faster than hers. So it's a workout for her while I am getting nothing close to a workout. Sometimes even shutting PAS off.
So it doesn’t have a torque sensor? I would think if it did, you would have no issue reducing your pace (cadence) for your wife and still get a workout by reducing your PAS level.

Nice bike btw!

So it doesn’t have a torque sensor? I would think if it did, you would have no issue reducing your pace (cadence) for your wife and still get a workout by reducing your PAS level.

Nice bike btw!
The MD 1000 has a Torque sensor and it is a very nice implementation of that tech. The problem he has with his wife not being able to keep up is due to the significant motor power differential as well as riding style differences. I have the same issue when riding with my wife on her Blix Avney. She simply does not like riding at speeds where I am very comfortable. So, in order to have a shared experience while riding our ebikes together, I slow down (a lot). Such is life ... :)

I have ebikes with both Cadence and Torque sensors and I have a strong preference for Torque sensor based support.

Nice bike btw!
Thanks man. RMK is right. My wife likes to do photography so she just leisurely riding along looking for butterflies or flowers or birds or scenery photos. It's a slow pace. I have to stay in PAS 1 and 1st gear barely peddling. Motor is constantly engaging and disengaging. I worry it's hard on the bike. but even when she doesn't have the camera, she can turn the bike all the way up and peddling pretty fast and I am in third gear at PAS 2 and she can't keep up. At PAS 5 and fifth gear, I could literally do laps around her I think LOL.

So @tykoehn1, where are your bikes? Your level of patience is bordering monumental ... :)
I am thinking this is the week they will arrive. I ask everyday and get the same response that they are arranging shipping from the warehouse to my house. Who would know it takes so much logistics where it takes a month to go 25 miles or so down the road. Last night it sounded like I will get a tracking number today or tomorrow.

I extended the receiving time from my end so there is no more extending it from either side. Not sure what to do once the timer runs out

Last edited:
I am thinking this is the week they will arrive. I ask everyday and get the same response that they are arranging shipping from the warehouse to my house. Who would know it takes so much logistics where it takes a month to go 25 miles or so down the road. Last night it sounded like I will get a tracking number today or tomorrow.

I am about to extend the receving time for the second time.
Apparently Alibaba does withhold a good portion of the payment until you receive the bike and acknowledge receipt with no issues. You would think that Leili would be motivated to get the bike delivered but they seem to have very little control over the Agents who manage the domestic logistics. That "agent" creates another layer between the shipper and the freight company doing the actual delivery. The time differential could be part of the problem but I think Leili has problems getting these large heavy machines delivered to individuals via freight. They are obviously low on the priority list for the freight companies with the 1sy 2sy orders. They probably hold the shipment until they have a truck heading in your direction. A full container or truckload of bikes going to Biktrix or Bolton is much easier to manage.

My bike arrived today, 2 weeks after order. See photo. A few thoughts in no particular order:

1) Got fat tires instead of the plus tires I ordered; I'll keep you posted on what Biktrix does about it.

2) Stock light is brighter than I expected, which is good because it was dark before I could ride, but even in cold and dark the ride around my neighborhood was fun.

3) Bike is nimble as y'all have said. I started away, remembered I forgot something, flipped a U and the turning radius was much tighter than expected but I still felt in control.

4) With bike this size and me less spry than I once was (even though I'm 6'1"), the dropper post was a good idea, and I'm glad Biktrix installed the internal cable.

5) Biktrix described color as silver but photo on website looked white, which I'd've preferred, but shiny gray is still better than black in the desert.

6) That Rhinowalk saddlebag set is advertised as 70L on Amazon but actually closer to 50L, but hey it was only 34 bucks, it comes with a rain cover, and it fits my narrow-bezel 17" laptop.

7) The cycplus electric pump I got from Amazon was a better deal, aired both tires from flat to 25psi on a charge.

8) The Meilan X5 brake light seemed like a good deal when I tested it a few days ago but didn't hold its charge until the bike actually arrived, so haven't tested on road.

9) I concur with those who've concluded solid rack and basket, lousy fenders, especially up front, where it rubs against the basket. I may just ditch the fenders because I have sand but no mud.

10) I like that Biktrix included dual 5A chargers for the dual batteries, but not sure why I got 4 keys.

11) Photo shows I threw the chain on maiden voyage, possibly because of my pant leg but I reckon it could do with a chain guard.

12) Came with top speed unlocked, awesome, but only got up to 25mph before throwing the chain.

13) I had trouble figuring out how to work the shifter - downshift was obvious but second trigger for upshift hidden underneath my handlebar.

14) Before I rode with motor, I rode it sans batteries, up about a 3% grade for about a quarter mile, surprised it wasn't too bad even with fat tires.

EDIT 15) Didn't photo my batteries, but the label looks just the same as what RMK posted.

Attachments

• BJUB.jpg
    BJUB.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
One more, had to check how easy to get into the back of an SUV. I ordered a hitch-mount carrier, but it's covidelayed. I managed with no human assistant, lifting only half the bike at a time, but needed a furniture dolly: Lift rear of bike so wheel is in the back of the SUV but to one side, then lay sideways onto pre-positioned dolly, then lift front of bike high enough that pedal doesn't scrape and roll deeper into cargo bay. Mine is a 2005 Dodge Durango (larger end of mid-size, cramped 7-seater), fits with 10" to spare. Now that I've written that, I wonder if it's a little basic for a forum like this, where people trade tips on complicated things like actually building bikes, so moderators I won't be grouchy if you strike it. -GEF

Attachments

• SUVtest.jpg
    SUVtest.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 195
Anyone who got the Tannus Armour, turns out you can use the 26x4.0 tubes with it. I purchased it with their tubes that are 26x3.0-3.5 and the tubes were uneven, they refunded me for the tubes and said I could just use the originals. Put in the original tubes and the wheels look much wider which is a good thing.
Thank you for this report. I ordered Tannus Armour for the 27½×3 tires I was supposed to get, but it came with 26×4.

EDIT: Talked with Tannus. I can return my 27½×3, and get on mailing list for when they have 26×4 back in stock next month. Evidently they don't sell fat tire inserts on Amazon and sell out quick on their own website.

Last edited:
1) Got fat tires instead of the plus tires I ordered; I'll keep you posted on what Biktrix does about it.
Biktrix asked if I'd ridden on the tires, a reasonable question in hindsight. I should have curbed my enthusiasm and stayed off the bike until tires could be sorted. They have offered to sell me a second wheel set at a discount that sounds like they're basically giving up their profit margin, and I have 3 months to save up. Beccause I was already thinking it might be nice to have fat tires too, I'm happy with the proposal. In the meantime I'll see how she does on sand.

Last edited:
One more, had to check how easy to get into the back of an SUV. I ordered a hitch-mount carrier, but it's covidelayed. I managed with no human assistant, lifting only half the bike at a time, but needed a furniture dolly: Lift rear of bike so wheel is in the back of the SUV but to one side, then lay sideways onto pre-positioned dolly, then lift front of bike high enough that pedal doesn't scrape and roll deeper into cargo bay. Mine is a 2005 Dodge Durango (larger end of mid-size, cramped 7-seater), fits with 10" to spare. Now that I've written that, I wonder if it's a little basic for a forum like this, where people trade tips on complicated things like actually building bikes, so moderators I won't be grouchy if you strike it. -GEF
Thanks for this. I don't have a tow bar and don't plan on dropping the coin on installing one and getting a $500 bike rack on top of that. Good to know i can just throw it in back of the truck.

A few more impressions after second ride, still short because I had very little light left in the sky after work.

16) Does anyone know how to buy the right chain guard off the internet? My chain ring is 44 tooth, has spots for 5 bolts to hold the bash guard on, and these holes form a pentagon 3" (76mm) on each side. I ask because on my second ride, I threw the chain again, this time when I hit a drainage ditch (about a foot wide and deep) at the better part of 20mph. Even with fat tires, air fork, and a cloud 9 seat on an air-filled seat post, it was a jolt.

17) I have 12 gears and no indicator. I suspect that over time, I'll reach a point where I subconsciously keep track of what gear I'm in as I shift, or learn to tell by the feel, but with a mid drive motor I think an indicator is indicated.

18) Rode 10 miles on 20%, so estimate 50 miles, but I threw off my numbers a bit by using throttle on a downhill segment just to see. I notice we're all getting less than 60 mile range, and I also notice we mostly run north of 6' and 200#, so that could be correlated. Speaking of rider height, I get full extension only when my dropper post is all the way up, and I'm only 6'1".

19) On a rare damp night in the desert, you can smell the horse ranches for miles (I have one in my neighborhood and a trio more along the night's route).

20) Ride profile uphill for the first half, maybe 5%, then back down. At that grade it doesn't want to be in low gear. I stayed in eco, mostly pas 1-2, mostly pulse throttle but succcumbed a few times to the temptation to hold it. Hit about 17mph on throttle only, 19mph pedaling while holding the throttle, 13mph just pedal-assist and enthusiasm. At that rate I'd have had an asthma attack if I'd kept it up, because exercise in cold air is my trigger (why I like the desert even with its hot summers). Even these shallow hills have me at 25ish mph coasting downhill while sitting up straight, hit 36 with throttle and crouch (still eco). One little section of actual roller coaster-like steepness had me coasting 32, and climbing back up I was under 1mph. I had PAS level 1 but I couldn't tell if the motor actually engaged. Next time I'll try with higher assist level.

21) Since I'm stuck riding at dusk, I'm glad I have a flashing light on the back of my helmet. The headlight that seemed bright last night illuminated nothing in gray dusk, I kept holding my hand in front of it to check if it was still on. My taillight has a turn signal on a wirelss controller that mounts on the handlebar, but I forgot to use it the few times I turned, instinctively going for the hand signal instead. Y'know, I think a lighted left sleeve would be a better turn signal at night.

22) I mostly stuck to roads because of the timing, but in some cases rode on adjacent sand. It wasn't bad, but still a little more sluggish than pavement even on fat tires. On one turn I hit a thin layer of sand on the road and felt obliged to straighten up until past that patch, not saying I for sure couldn't have held enough traction just that I didn't feel like finding out the hard way.

23) I had originally hoped to get the super smooth archon x1 controller from watt wagons, but I'm actually finding existing controller gentle. Don't know if it was programmed by Biktrix or their supplier, and as mentioned, I haven't played around much with sport mode or even higher assist levels.

EDIT 24) Most important observation: Riding this bike is fun and practical. I definitely see myself using as anticipated, to commute to work and run all my local errands. That'll reduce the accumulation of miles on my truck, hopefully enough so that I won't have a car payment again until gasoline is illegal, and if so, the bike is definitely worth the money.

Last edited:
That's a long list @GEF but it includes some good information. I'm afraid that you may not find much help for your SRAM Cassette Chain drive here as most bought the MD 1000 with the SA IGH Belt.

I did some dirt trail riding this week and continue to be impressed with the MD 1000's handling. The trails I rode were not particularly "technical" nor steep but it is very nimble for its size/weight and the suspension handles rocks and ruts with ease. It inspires confidence and is a ton of fun on trails. I remember Terry mentioning the significant leg swing for getting on and off the bike and at my age, after a long ride (2 hours), I have to be careful dismounting the bike. Its got me thinking that a dropper seatpost might be an interesting solution to that issue.

Gotta toot my own horn, just received the Suntour NCX suspension seat post. Won it brand new off eBay for $70 USD. Just came in the mail today.

Back