Gates to debut new ebike components at 2018 Eurobike

I read the article and it mention new sprockets, spiders, and belt guards (I would hardly consider these worthy of a claim for new ebike components). The icing on the BS cake was this statement: “...., we have strategically realigned our business development strategy to more effectively target and serve each of these industry segments.” It's hard to say less than that in any sentence.

I was hoping to read about maybe new belt technology or materials that extend the cycle life of a belt or enable them to be made at a lower cost. Nope, I got new that they re-arranged some executive chairs. Wow that's news.

I read the article and it mention new sprockets, spiders, and belt guards (I would hardly consider these worthy of a claim for new ebike components). The icing on the BS cake was this statement: “...., we have strategically realigned our business development strategy to more effectively target and serve each of these industry segments.” It's hard to say less than that in any sentence.

I was hoping to read about maybe new belt technology or materials that extend the cycle life of a belt or enable them to be made at a lower cost. Nope, I got new that they re-arranged some executive chairs. Wow that's news.
It's a teaser for Eurobike, not an expose. You'll see many such blurbs every year before Eurobike and Interbike. Wait and see...

Teaser? Well, maybe ... but let's hope they present more than just a few new sprocket sizes. I like the Gates belt drive but I opened that article thinking I was going to read about some new and significant.

Well i need a belt guard for my R&M Supercharger with belt drive and if they've designed the ultimate then i'm interested.

Back