Freego rear forks pull in

Andy1865

Region
United Kingdom
City
Skipton
Hi All, i maybe having some work done on my Freego Hawk 250watt fitting a Cyclotricity 250/500watt dual power kit 26" rear wheel. The space is 170mm and space required is 135mm will the frame be pulled in or do you think its safe to use spacers, also does anybody know the make and model number of the Cyclotricity L.C.D. Thanks for looking. Andy.

I found something that says that frame is aluminum. If so, bending it 35mm is likely a bad idea.

I don’t know whether spacers is a good idea, but if it is, your axle would have to be pretty long, and you need to make sure the chain line is ok. 170mm is pretty wide. Maybe a motor designed for a fat tire would work better.

Thanks John. Its a Cyclotricity 250/500watt kit im thinking of having fitted in place of the original 250watt motor.

I found something that says that frame is aluminum. If so, bending it 35mm is likely a bad idea.

I don’t know whether spacers is a good idea, but if it is, your axle would have to be pretty long, and you need to make sure the chain line is ok. 170mm is pretty wide. Maybe a motor designed for a fat tire would work better.
I believe the motor is bigger then what ive got now John

Back