Folding E-Bike - Best option?

Sumant

Hi,
I commute using train...so I ride my current bike to home to train station , train station to office and same in return. Total ride goes about 7 - 9 miles a days. But everyday doing it makes boring and climbing hill in SF is no fun. I had bought EcoReco S5 - I returned that after a month use due to accident. Otherwise it was fun.

E bike was one of the option I thought before that also. There are so many options.
I have figured out list of features I am looking for:

- Front suspension
- Back suspension - optional +5 points
- Disk brakes - mechanical / (hydraulic optional - +5 points)
- Pedal assist
- 12 sensors
- throttle mode
- break connected with motor
- Rack (optional)
- at least 350 v
- connected lights - front (back +5 points, if connected with breaks +10 points)
- battery should be concealed (not attached on bar or underseat etc)
- no fat tires
price range max $1500 USD.

@Sumant, there are 49 reviews of folding bikes in the main EBR site. One that is comparable in price and battery and includes disc brakes, front and rear for $1599 is the E-Joe Epic. 36V removable battery with Samsung cells is neatly tucked away inside the frame and the company has good product reliability. This is just one of a bunch of options. The VoltBike is even less expensive with a battery behind the seat similar to how the RadPower RadMini is set up. All 3 of these bikes have an extensive group of owners each who rave about their respective bikes!

@Sumant, there are 49 reviews of folding bikes in the main EBR site. One that is comparable in price and battery and includes disc brakes, front and rear for $1599 is the E-Joe Epic. 36V removable battery with Samsung cells is neatly tucked away inside the frame and the company has good product reliability. This is just one of a bunch of options. The VoltBike is even less expensive with a battery behind the seat similar to how the RadPower RadMini is set up. All 3 of these bikes have an extensive group of owners each who rave about their respective bikes!

thanks yes so far E-Joe Epic is at top of my list - video here gave me good comparison with volt

Radmini is too heavy...not for city. I still haven't ordered one. Waiting for rainy days to get over though kind of tempted to order.
I took ride on epic SE and I like it. I tried few others but epic was better. Only thing I would change is grip gear shifter. I have seen those failing a lot.

getting good deal here (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) with $100 extra discount. Also few other options.

there is this https://www.mate.bike/ also. kind of good deal.

Are you also looking for or have one?

Looks like you're getting closer to making a decision. We've had nothing but awesome feedback for the new 2017 Epik SE from our customers. We highly recommend that model. Contact us directly and we will make you a better deal as well as answer any questions you might have.
I contacted your customer care and nobody came back to me with details on better deal.

Back