Fixing geared hubs with a hammer

Chargeride

Ive had a battered Bafang GO6 for ages, it makes a terrible noise, and the magnets are loose, plus the halls are long gone.
I've finally decided to pull it fully apart to check it out and it turns out my original theory was correct, the stator was bent and hitting the magnets.
So I whacked it with a huge hammer.

Ghetto repairs

@Rome was right all along.
smash.gif

Those are the kinds of people I fear some Mechanic Shops employ because they come cheap. Learned long time ago if you can do things yourself get some Tools and be likely ahead most of the times.
Cheers

Everybody needs a good collection of hammers and crowbars. 😂

20240723_220434.jpg

I actually used a crowbar today on my seat.
My seat was lopsided, and I noticed that the seat rails were bent out of alignment, so I put a pinch bar between the rails and straightened them out.

My seat was lopsided, and I noticed that the seat rails were bent out of alignment, so I put a pinch bar between the rails and straightened them out.
never seen anyone have the issues you have with bikes. your like my wife and electronics they never get along.

never seen anyone have the issues you have with bikes.

I usually create my own issues, then I have to fix what I've done. 😂

your like my wife and electronics they never get along.

I like electronics but I hate the AI robots that try to control the electronics on my behalf.

I don't get along with software.
I hate computers.
I hate my smart phone too.
I don't want to bother figuring it out.

When I was young guy my wife worked in a factory in Chicago building small electric motors. When the motors were complete they would give them a whack with a hammer to neutralize the alignment of the bearings to the shaft.

No no no no no! To adjust a bicycle seat, everyone needs a square, a pull saw, a hole saw, and rasps! (My support levels the rails.)

Unlike wood, metal gets tired. After 950 miles of bumps, my alloy seat tube extension broke. After another 25 miles, the steel post bent. As on two other bikes, I had to add support. Putting a board across my ballast box entailed cutting down one side so I can slide in and out a case of Milwaukee's Best ballast.

Wood might seem ideal for custom bike helmets, but on a rainy day, mine swelled so tight that I needed a chain saw to remove it. To be on the safe side, I used a shaving mirror. ;)

wood support.jpeg

Last edited:
My e-bike just suffered from metal fatigue too.
The rack broke. Damn near fell off with my battery attached to it,..

No no no no no! To adjust a bicycle seat, everyone needs a square, a pull saw, a hole saw, and rasps! (My support levels the rails.)

Unlike wood, metal gets tired. After 950 miles of bumps, my alloy seat tube extension broke. After another 25 miles, the steel post bent. As on two other bikes, I had to add support. Putting a board across my ballast box entailed cutting down one side so I can slide in and out a case of Milwaukee's Best ballast.

Wood might seem ideal for custom bike helmets, but on a rainy day, mine swelled so tight that I needed a chain saw to remove it. To be on the safe side, I used a shaving mirror. ;)

View attachment 179502
That is one way of "thinking"out of the Box.
Cheers

Back