Bafang 750w Rear Hub Motor Owners Talk to Me! & Help/Advice! :/

I
It really does. Sounds between a shudder and a grinding noise. Sounds horrible. Sound explained early in this video.
I had a spare controller unit cable in the bottom of the motor (It was useless as my controller unit is sealed) box so I cut a length of it , cut the plug head off the controller unit cable and soldered the cables together. There is a big lump part in the cable from my amateur soldering lol but I got the bike going! This forum and youtube vids gave me the confidence to just do it. Took me ages, had a migraine after , I had to solder the wires hanging off the bike so I was sat on the floor cramped in a garage doing the soldering. Pain in the ass and one small wire snapped from all the moving around so had two solder spots on one wire but it all went well in the end. Tested the bike riding assist and full throttle up and down the ride and it's all good so can't wait till the sun comes out next to finally get out for a decent ride!

You should know this, as your picture of the old cable shows that you already opened it, but there should be three thick wires and six thin wires in the motor cable. So nine splices to make, but the three thick wires need some expertise. Yeah, get a electrical guy to do it for you.
I finally had the time to work on the bike, I went ahead with cutting a cable and soldering and thank god it worked. Posted an update on here of what I did. No pics yet but will get some next time I go out on my now working bike!

@NBK_Rebel_87, It takes at least three hands to solder. Something like this helps. I will put it on the thread "Show Us A Tool."

Attachments

• ShowUsaTool10.JPG
    ShowUsaTool10.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 202
So here is the finished job of my amateur soldering job 😁

Also I found footage on my Go Pro Cam of when the '03 info' error occurred!!! Mind my expletives but when you are in the middle of the woods, just lost the motor on a heavy Fat Bike and also suffer with chronic pain in your legs and arms you would be fuming too! Here it is, it happens around 11 seconds in, just slow speed down and keep an eye on the LCD screen on the bike, I didn't even notice it as first as you will see!

Back