ET Cycles T-1000 Tire fitting issue

Kelster

For anyone that has a T-1000 or T-720 might want to be careful if you are looking to replace the tires. I tried to upgrade to a generic knobby 26x4 and it wouldn't clear the back of the frame. I'm hoping a 26x3.8 will work but choices are limited. Ideally you would use a 26x3.5, but those in knobbys are even harder to find. If anyone has experienced the same thing and has a possible solution, please let me know.

Cheers

For anyone that has a T-1000 or T-720 might want to be careful if you are looking to replace the tires. I tried to upgrade to a generic knobby 26x4 and it wouldn't clear the back of the frame. I'm hoping a 26x3.8 will work but choices are limited. Ideally you would use a 26x3.5, but those in knobbys are even harder to find. If anyone has experienced the same thing and has a possible solution, please let me know.

Cheers
Any progress with the knobby install?, I just rode my t1000 for the 1st time tonight, I wanna ditch those washouts.

Any progress with the knobby install?, I just rode my t1000 for the 1st time tonight, I wanna ditch those washouts.
No Luck yet. I put the knobby on the front and kept the stock tire on the rear for now. Thinking the Panaracer Fat B Nimble or the Bontranger Rougarou might work.

I like the looks of the bontranger, looks like you can get it in 3.8”, I had vitreous mission commands on a rad rover and the 4.0 fit fine but sounds like the t1000 could be snug.

Hey Kelster, lookup “ET Cycle T1000 modded” on you tube, there’s a guy named Jonathan that has put the kendas on and has a nice vide.
Yeah....I saw this. I contemplated the Kenda's but I would like to try and keep the fender on. I pulled the pin on the Bontranger Rougarou's at 26 x 3.8. Hoping the size is true and they work. If they don't work that well, I think the Kenda Krusade and Juggernauts will work without the fender at half the price. You can get Juggernauts at the Canadian Rad store for $60.

Yeah....I saw this. I contemplated the Kenda's but I would like to try and keep the fender on. I pulled the pin on the Bontranger Rougarou's at 26 x 3.8. Hoping the size is true and they work. If they don't work that well, I think the Kenda Krusade and Juggernauts will work without the fender at half the price. You can get Juggernauts at the Canadian Rad store for $60.
Thanks for being the guinea pig on the Rougarou’s. on a side note has the continued motor operation after stopping peddling been brought up, the rad rover I had in the beginning of this e-bike journey did it a little, this thing has such a hard hit even in pas1, its Got gobs of torque but I need to be careful, it’s not my intense tazer pro in terms of handling.

Thanks for being the guinea pig on the Rougarou’s. on a side note has the continued motor operation after stopping peddling been brought up, the rad rover I had in the beginning of this e-bike journey did it a little, this thing has such a hard hit even in pas1, its Got gobs of torque but I need to be careful, it’s not my intense tazer pro in terms of handling.
My pleasure. I'll let you know how they work out. I've heard it mentioned somewhere on the forum about the continuation of the motor. I noticed it too, but it hasn't been enough to bother me. I've sort of learned to compensate for it.

Yep, understood, it’s a software issue i would guess, it’s doable, nice bike for the dollar, I’m getting a diff stem so I can put some 31.8‘s on it, ordered a cascade seat dropper from PNW and already put a mtb seat so I can put my ass over the tire.

My pleasure. I'll let you know how they work out. I've heard it mentioned somewhere on the forum about the continuation of the motor. I noticed it too, but it hasn't been enough to bother me. I've sort of learned to compensate for it.
Hey Kelster, any update on the Rougarous yet?

Hay Kelster, any update on the new tires yet?

Hay Kelster, any update on the new tires yet?
Hey Dirtbikerick, I'll know tomorrow! I just received the tire and installation will be attempted in the morning. I'm sure hoping that they will work. They do look smaller than the chunky Chao Yang's I was originally trying to put on, so I'm cautiously optimist. I'll keep you posted.

Hey Dirtbikerick, I'll know tomorrow! I just received the tire and installation will be attempted in the morning. I'm sure hoping that they will work. They do look smaller than the chunky Chao Yang's I was originally trying to put on, so I'm cautiously optimist. I'll keep you posted.
Ok cool, looking forward to it, thanks.

Ok cool, looking forward to it, thanks.
Happy to report the Rougarou's do work for the T-1000. You can even leave the fender on if you wish. Pretty pricey solution at $159 +tx Cdn, but a solution nonetheless. Took them for a good spin on some muddy trails and they performed well. Time will tell how well they hold up. Here's a couple of shots with them on my rig.

Attachments

• 20211001_152803.jpg
    20211001_152803.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 295
  • 20211001_152816.jpg
    20211001_152816.jpg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 267
Happy to report the Rougarou's do work for the T-1000. You can even leave the fender on if you wish. Pretty pricey solution at $159 +tx Cdn, but a solution nonetheless. Took them for a good spin on some muddy trails and they performed well. Time will tell how well they hold up. Here's a couple of shots with them on my rig.
Nice looking skins, still haven’t pulled the trigger on anything yet, glad they fit with the fenders.

I just ordered the Rougarous for my T1000. Wow, took forever to find some 26 x 3.80 tires! Agreed, the stock CST Big Boat tires are useless off road. It's called a 26 x 4 but they misrepresent it. I found some Hodags but the shop in MA wanted to charge me $130 shipping to Michigan. The guy told me on the phone that that was a fair price as they were "really big tires". Pure BS. But, the Rougarous...holding up? I read one review said they leaked like crazy. Are you tubeless or tubed?

I just ordered the Rougarous for my T1000. Wow, took forever to find some 26 x 3.80 tires! Agreed, the stock CST Big Boat tires are useless off road. It's called a 26 x 4 but they misrepresent it. I found some Hodags but the shop in MA wanted to charge me $130 shipping to Michigan. The guy told me on the phone that that was a fair price as they were "really big tires". Pure BS. But, the Rougarous...holding up? I read one review said they leaked like crazy. Are you tubeless or tubed?
So far so good. I run it with a tube. I would imagine tubeless would be a challenge and where you would find leaking issues. I only have 200 kms on it, mostly trails. I really like it so far and wouldn't mind putting one on my front wheel as well, but hard to justify for the cost. I've noticed my range decrease about 15-25 kms since adding the knobby's. I suppose it was never meant to be a true off-road bike, but someone has to push the limits.

Back