Electric Car thread

That‘s MSRP plus tax and dealer fees. No discount beyond the 6300 . So, financing would be based on 41k minus down payment.

Some assumptions on my part here but here it goes. 41000 MSRP - 8500 DOWN - 6300 CUSTOMER CASH. I combined the down+customer cash because that's how financing will treat it. And I don't know what your sales tax is but in this example I used 8.5%. If the estimated monthly they gave you is $624, that means that the APR is an insane 9-10%! o_O

1660239123320.png

Some assumptions on my part here but here it goes. 41000 MSRP - 8500 DOWN - 6300 CUSTOMER CASH. I combined the down+customer cash because that's how financing will treat it. And I don't know what your sales tax is but in this example I used 8.5%. If the estimated monthly they gave you is $624, that means that the APR is an insane 9-10%! o_O

View attachment 131831
15k down ? That’s the down payment and rebate combined , right ? At 4.5 % , I got a payment of $ 596 for 60 based on the EUV Premier with the launch package. Way too much for me, for what it is. I could see a lease payment around $250 with 3k out of pocket.

Last edited:
I wonder how many owners will use it for real truck stuff. I bet a tiny percentage.
I bet a majority percentage that are trading in their ICE trucks for the Rivian will use it for "real truck stuff". Otherwise, why buy it?

The other percentage that have trucks for show, camping, and cross county rambles, will buy it for the same reasons. It is being billed as an "adventure vehicle" with an Adventure Package featuring all sorts of options for going off road and off grid.

It has the build and capability of doing far more than just hauling lumber.

I bet a majority percentage that are trading in their ICE trucks for the Rivian will use it for "real truck stuff". Otherwise, why buy it?

The other percentage that have trucks for show, camping, and cross county rambles, will buy it for the same reasons. It is being billed as an "adventure vehicle" with an Adventure Package featuring all sorts of options for going off road and off grid.

It has the build and capability of doing far more than just hauling lumber.
The majority of the higher end trucks I see ,have a cover on the back and is never taken off. Coffee shop pickups.

Like most pickup truck owners most of the time I’m hauling air but it does get used like a truck a lot. I wonder what happens to the range of an EV when towing say a 5000 pound trailer.

Like most pickup truck owners most of the time I’m hauling air but it does get used like a truck a lot. I wonder what happens to the range of an EV when towing say a 5000 pound trailer.
I read ,when pulling a 7000 lb Airstream, the range is around 135 miles

This is probably one of my favorite videos on the Rivian. I can’t really name any other vehicle that is so versatile.

I thought about it, Chevy Bolt reliability reports from owners.
Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 1.51.21 PM.png
but...

It's not all about battery recall. Cheap seats, mushy brakes, and an air bag recall. 2022 apparently improved seats. Sounds like the EUV is a better build.

AIR BAGS
Jul 08, 2021
An improperly installed air bag may not deploy properly in a crash, increasing the risk of injury.

Summary:
General Motors, LLC. (GM) is recalling certain 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EV and Bolt EUV vehicles. One of the two fasteners that secure the driver's frontal air bag to the steering wheel may be missing or improperly tightened.

Last edited:
It doesn’t sticker anywhere close to $47k. If you pay dealership add ons and market adjustment or you have very bad credit, then you might be paying that much. Do you have bad credit?
Avg. Offer Made to Others the Premier version
$32,600
curveball_nocircle-cec8318011a8733c4059715a7ede6b49.png

MSRP as Built
$38,995
Estimated Savings (16.4% off)
$6,395

Avg. Offer Made to Others the Premier version
$32,600
curveball_nocircle-cec8318011a8733c4059715a7ede6b49.png

MSRP as Built
$38,995
Estimated Savings (16.4% off)
$6,395
Thanks for that! A fully loaded Premier is around $38k. That’s a lot of money for an entry level EV but if one chooses to keep it simple, the regular Bolt EV is right under $27k before states incentives.

It's not all about battery recall. Cheap seats, mushy brakes, and an air bag recall. 2022 apparently improved seats. Sounds like the EUV is a better build.

AIR BAGS
Jul 08, 2021
An improperly installed air bag may not deploy properly in a crash, increasing the risk of injury.

Summary:
General Motors, LLC. (GM) is recalling certain 2022 Chevrolet Bolt EV and Bolt EUV vehicles. One of the two fasteners that secure the driver's frontal air bag to the steering wheel may be missing or improperly tightened.

I have sat in a 2019 Bolt and I must agree that the seats were pretty firm (even compared to my sporty Fiat Abarth). The EUV has much better seats but is definitely nowhere Volvo quality. The interior is not luxurious by any means but the touch points are nicer than any car I’ve owned. And the included technology (360 camera, adaptive cruise, Apple CarPlay, heated and ventilated seats) is quite good given the price point.

Back