Electric Car thread

I considered taking the plunge and getting a Tesla 3 at the end of last year while the $7,500 tax credit was still in place. Even went for a test drive, and enjoyed it. However, when it came down to it I could not reconcile the cost with the limited range. My hope is that my next car will be a PHEV. This will give me the best of both worlds where virtually all of my driving will be electric only, I can charge it in my garage each evening, and when I have to go on a longer trip I will get the efficiency benefit of a hybrid but not have to worry about range anxiety.
The EOY T3 sales were compelling, but also lost on me, although the driving experience is exhilarating. But so is driving my S2000. Daily drive now is Honda CRV Hybrid and am enjoying the ride. When my wife lets me drive it.

Had the opportunity to ride in a Tesla this week. My brother just bought one and this was his first ling trip. We were meeting at a cabin; I was arriving from my house (8 hr according to google maps). He spent the night before 6 hours from the cabin (according to google maps.) Actual driving time for me 8 hrs 45 minutes. Actual time for him using either 3rd party app or car computer for "refills" recommendations, a smidge over 8 hours.

I'm 6'2, had to recline front seat to sit in it; but the seat was comfortable. To close the door, had to duck head to reach door handle.

I found the big screen distracting since every time a car was approaching, I caught it on the screen out of the corner of my eye and looked to see what was happening.

He has elected not to try the auto drive that was pushed out. He assumes "stuff" is visable to control the car the same time he sees it on the screen; most of the time he likes the distance he sees better than the distance the car sees.

If you are wondering what model, "a red one".

So...a M3? Sweet car.

Your brother needs to try out FSD at least once. It's free right now. Who knows if a trial like that will ever come around again.
Had the opportunity to ride in a Tesla this week. My brother just bought one and this was his first ling trip. We were meeting at a cabin; I was arriving from my house (8 hr according to google maps). He spent the night before 6 hours from the cabin (according to google maps.) Actual driving time for me 8 hrs 45 minutes. Actual time for him using either 3rd party app or car computer for "refills" recommendations, a smidge over 8 hours.

I'm 6'2, had to recline front seat to sit in it; but the seat was comfortable. To close the door, had to duck head to reach door handle.

I found the big screen distracting since every time a car was approaching, I caught it on the screen out of the corner of my eye and looked to see what was happening.

He has elected not to try the auto drive that was pushed out. He assumes "stuff" is visable to control the car the same time he sees it on the screen; most of the time he likes the distance he sees better than the distance the car sees.

If you are wondering what model, "a red one".

This is our local hospital, it was a temporary measure till they upgraded the sprinkler system.

It's an outside park, so not sure of the details, I guess suppressing the gases and extreme heat of the unextinguishable fire?

Screenshot_20240507-105327-097.png

Back