Ebikemotion x35 speed limiter "fix"

It's not possible to read speed with the GPS signal or speed sensor while e-bike is connected. If e-bike is disconnected, Garmin/Wahoo gets speed from the sensor or GPS (I think), but usefull e-bike battery level in % can't be displayed on the computer, what is a big disadvantage (using a phone in the pocket with eBikemotion app to see the battery level is not very practical).
When using a Garmin computer you can install ebike field app to just show current battery and support level. The computer will still measure speed with GPS. It is important not to have the computer paired with the bike, but ebike field app will connect automatically with the bike without being paired.

I use the app with a Garmin 130 which cannot show any information from the ebike from stock. With ebike field app the computer can show the mentioned two values, which for me are the only important ones anyhow.

That's very clever solution for Garmin, unfortunately not so for Wahoo Elemnt Bolt (no option to install external app, or at least I haven't found any), so the only option is to pair/connect e-bike as a sensor to see e-fields in the computer. Without dongle installed it works fine (tested at home only for now), "e-bike sensor" setup has the option to set wheel circumference, so e-bike speed shown on computer (which overrides connected ANT+ speed sensor) is correct and updated faster than with original Wahoo ANT+ wheel speed sensor. Will test that on the ride when weather allows that.

Has anyone tried the volabike extender, can put your impressions, thanks

Has anyone tried the volabike extender, can put your impressions, thanks
I have one ordered, but the shipment seems to be lost and they are sending a replacement via a more reliable shipping method. Can't wait to try it out and report here.

Edit: I misread your question-I have the tuner dongle ordered from them, not the extender battery.

Last edited:
If somebody from EU is interested, I have Volabike speed delimiter (dongle) for sale. Please contact me by PM.

After some days without stock, we have some units of the new version of the range extenders, back to stock again on the shop.

252b.jpeg

We have new version in stock for 252Wh and 378Wh.

We are now able to ship to US. You can write us and we will calculate shipping cost
Hi Volabike, the Extender arrived today. Quick check, when connecting the range extender to the bike, i would expect that the range indication in the Ebikemotion app would double as i understood that the % battery life would indicate capacity of the bike battery and range extender, correct? With the original one, i have two % battery life indicators (one for the extender and one for the bike).
Thanks!

Hi Volabike, the Extender arrived today. Quick check, when connecting the range extender to the bike, i would expect that the range indication in the Ebikemotion app would double as i understood that the % battery life would indicate capacity of the bike battery and range extender, correct? With the original one, i have two % battery life indicators (one for the extender and one for the bike).
Thanks!
but in the application you do not get double? The extender works well for you, you do not get pink light on the bike button when you run out? Comment how you are doing to get information, is the 250w the extender?, Thank you.

but in the application you do not get double? The extender works well for you, you do not get pink light on the bike button when you run out? Comment how you are doing to get information, is the 250w the extender?, Thank you.
Correct, 250w extender. Have not used the extender yet, just arrived today. I expercted that the range would double, but nothing changed. Maybe it is not supposed to double, however if the % battery life would indicate the combined battery life left, than you would expect more range, innit?

I think the range is calculatated from known (i.e. factory bike) battery capacity and actual voltage, maybe also dynamically from the voltage decrease gradient in time vs. distance (i.e. voltage/capacity consumption). Because the battery is connected in parallel, the system don't know about extra added capacity, there's no way to calculate double range (measured voltage is the same) until you start the ride and app use dynamic calculation based on real voltage drop.

Our extender just add its capacity to the ebike, so it´s like your ebike has a bigger battery, but your ebike don´t know there is an external battery installed.
If you charge your ebike and the extender to 100% and start a route with booth batteries switched on, then you can check the total capacity of both batteries combined, on your ebike indicator, because they are going to discharge at the same time.
Extender has a battery indicator, but it does not use the same scale of values of your bike, so as I said, just check your ebike battery indicator to check the total capacity of both combined batteries. It´s quite simple to use.

Our extender just add its capacity to the ebike, so it´s like your ebike has a bigger battery, but your ebike don´t know there is an external battery installed.
If you charge your ebike and the extender to 100% and start a route with booth batteries switched on, then you can check the total capacity of both batteries combined, on your ebike indicator, because they are going to discharge at the same time.
Extender has a battery indicator, but it does not use the same scale of values of your bike, so as I said, just check your ebike battery indicator to check the total capacity of both combined batteries. It´s quite simple to use.
Thanks useful, will do! I noted the battery indicator may have different scale as it indicated 60% whereas the ebike indicator (in the app) indicated 43%.

Thanks useful, will do! I noted the battery indicator may have different scale as it indicated 60% whereas the ebike indicator (in the app) indicated 43%.
and you came out with the two batteries at 100%,thanks and how many km did you do

Last edited:
de momento no se que ocurre pero no se pueden comprar, a ver si gainGRX nos dice algo mas de sus pruebas

and you came out with the two batteries at 100%,thanks and how many km did you do
That definitely isn't a simple question nor a simple answer. It depends not only on how many km, but also how much elevation gain, and the most important, how much own power can rider put in. Once the cardiologist allows me higher HR (I'm trying to keep less than 130 bpm avg) and extrapolated from the latest rides, it looks I would be able do ca. 180 - 190 km and ca. 2000 m elevation gain on a single stock bike battery. Without knowing rider's power, the reply is not very useful. :)

That definitely isn't a simple question nor a simple answer. It depends not only on how many km, but also how much elevation gain, and the most important, how much own power can rider put in. Once the cardiologist allows me higher HR (I'm trying to keep less than 130 bpm avg) and extrapolated from the latest rides, it looks I would be able do ca. 180 - 190 km and ca. 2000 m elevation gain on a single stock bike battery. Without knowing rider's power, the reply is not very useful. :)

My age 66 years, weight 70 kg, I usually do 1000km per month, I am in an acceptable condition, my configuration is 70/65/80, I usually go without assistance and mode 1 normally, mode 2 I use very punctually mode 3 never, will I have taken 130km with 2150 meters of accumulated unevenness with the battery of the bike, with the battery only of the bike I do not think 160 or 180 km can be done as you say. The question was because according to he says the two batteries did not wear the same, according to he says the bicycle's lower than the extender and it was in case he had done more tests.

1000 km per month is impressive. 👍
I'm 62, weight 81.5 kg, not yet in the shape of the last year still in endurance "training" doing only 1200 road km this year.
Today I've did 97.5km ride, elevation gain 836 m, avg speed 28.2 km/h, and used 29% of the battery capacity. A week ago I did 99.15km, 1072m elevation gain, avg. speed 26.7 km/h, used ca. 50% of battery capacity. Hence my estimations/extrapolations ca. 200 km and 2000+m of elevation gain (in good shape). My rides are available on Strava too.
I'm OK with mode 1 only (and motor switched-off most of the time).

Back