Ebikemotion x35 speed limiter "fix"

I'm still waiting for my Orbea M20i (supposedly production delays of about 2 months (and another v large dealer told me they sold their entire allocation so its all special order at this point which is out about 3 months) )... But a very large California dealer told me that there's a long-range plan to upgrade the max US speed to 25mph (40kpm) although i wouldnt hold my breath for it... I have no idea if this is Orbea specific or across all eMotion X35 bikes and believe it will depend somewhat on the performance history and durability of the existing setup. I'd guess it also might require the external (water bottle) battery.

I believe the implication from the dealer was that its software/firmware thing... so maybe someone will figure out a tweak sooner.

Glad you could find a replacement part. Guess I need to use a lower power setting :)
I'm still working on this thanks to a friend of mine who suggested the polarity of the magnets is important. Will update if I make any progress!

To increase speed decrease wheel size in the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 14.20.00.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 14.20.00.png
    348.1 KB · Views: 2,745
Which app are you using? I haven't seen anything like that on the Bianchi app. Maybe the dealer app has that option.

I still can't find anything to change the wheel size... using Bianchi specific app on Android phone. Do you have the Orbea? Either Bianchi has taken this option out or I'm computer-challenged.

I still can't find anything to change the wheel size... using Bianchi specific app on Android phone. Do you have the Orbea? Either Bianchi has taken this option out or I'm computer-challenged.

What is the Bianchi app? Do you have a link for it?

I have the ebikemotion Android app (Ver 1.0.74.4322) that I downloaded a few months ago (no idea if it auto updated) and I cannot find any wheel size settings either. I have NOT had a chance to pair the app with a bike yet because per my post above, my Orbea is delayed.

Timmyvee - are you able to confirm increased speed cutoffs with smaller wheel sizes? Which version of the ebikemotion app do you have and is that Android or iPhone? Can you describe how you get to that menu?

Also, I'd think the ebikemotion app would work with the Bianchi beacuse the app is just looking for a signal from the motor...

Pair with bike > Choose MTB (not road) > Choose battery options > Choose the motor options > Select rider options (weight, gender, etc > choose wheel size

Actually, the only time I need more than 20 mph is on flat ground and riding with friends who push the pace. 20 is more than enough uphill since the limitation is the power, not the speed. At 70 yo, I'm not pedaling down the hills trying to gain a few seconds. So, on the rare occasion that the pace is over 20 mph on flat ground, I could use a few more mph on the speed limit.
I can't find the option to change the wheel size on my app (which might have been modified by Ebikemotion for Bianchi)... I can't even find the option to select the type of bike (options are Conventional or EBM compatible).
Timmyvee, do you have an Orbea? Everything should be the same except Ebikemotion may have changed their screens when they customized the app for Bianchi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-18-08-15-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-01-18-08-15-39.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,364
Buenas tardes. Creo que todos los equipos que montan ebikemotion usan la misma aplicación. Tengo un Montana Vector e-scud. Tengo las mismas opciones que tu Karl. Pantalla adjunta

Attachments

• Montana Vektor.jpeg
    Montana Vektor.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,245
No Karl. No tengo esa posibilidad. Tengo Apple, pero instalé la aplicación en un Android y tampoco aparece. Es más con el android crear un nuevo usuario con el que lancé el programa. Tampoco vi opciones en la bicicleta. Me vinculé y luego pude establecer una ebike pero las opciones que Timmyvee dice para cambiar el tamaño de la rueda tampoco aparecen.

Hello everyone, wife got me a Pinarello Dyodo for Christmas and it has the same Ebikemotion X35 system as the Bianchi Aria and Orbea Gain. I tried looking up the option for wheel selection on my Ebikemotion app(iOS Pinarello version) but no luck! My app screen looks pretty much the same as Karl and evillenas'! BTW, Karl, I love that you have the SRAM Red eTap on your Aria! Here is the picture of my Pinarello, love riding this bike up the moutain with my local group!

Attachments

• Pinarello Dyodo.jpg
    Pinarello Dyodo.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 1,537
Hello everyone, wife got me a Pinarello Dyodo for Christmas and it has the same Ebikemotion X35 system as the Bianchi Aria and Orbea Gain. I tried looking up the option for wheel selection on my Ebikemotion app(iOS Pinarello version) but no luck! My app screen looks pretty much the same as Karl and evillenas'! BTW, Karl, I love that you have the SRAM Red eTap on your Aria! Here is the picture of my Pinarello, love riding this bike up the moutain with my local group!
Your Pinarello looks great. Did you switch the gruppo from Ultegra? I'm waiting for the color display and the water bottle battery... does Pinarello have those available yet?
Be happy this wasn't your Pinarello: https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/14...electric-bike-explodes-almost-starts-bushfire

Your Pinarello looks great. Did you switch the gruppo from Ultegra? I'm waiting for the color display and the water bottle battery... does Pinarello have those available yet?
Be happy this wasn't your Pinarello: https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/14...electric-bike-explodes-almost-starts-bushfire
Thanks, Karl! The Pinarello Dyodo came standard with the SRAM Force, performs beautifully! I am also on the watch for the external battery(water bottle) to be released as it will double the range of our bikes! (woohoo!) As of now, still no word on the time of the release, I will send an inquiry to Ebikemotion and share their reply here! As for the burned up Pinarello in Australia, when I first saw the news I thought it was a Dyodo or Nytro(Pinarello spec'd with a Fazua system for the European market) but then realized it was a Dogma F8 with a custom aftermarket hub motor and battery! :eek: Just glad that gentleman avoided any serious injuries!

Thanks, Karl! The Pinarello Dyodo came standard with the SRAM Force, performs beautifully! I am also on the watch for the external battery(water bottle) to be released as it will double the range of our bikes! (woohoo!) As of now, still no word on the time of the release, I will send an inquiry to Ebikemotion and share their reply here! As for the burned up Pinarello in Australia, when I first saw the news I thought it was a Dyodo or Nytro(Pinarello spec'd with a Fazua system for the European market) but then realized it was a Dogma F8 with a custom aftermarket hub motor and battery! :eek: Just glad that gentleman avoided any serious injuries!
What mileage are you getting with your Pinarello? The only ride I've had so far that tested the battery power was 40 miles, rolling hills... the last 5-10 miles I started lowering the power output of the bike and increasing my power input in order to make it to the end without running out of battery. I ride with the power at 80-100% most of the time which drains the battery pretty fast. Sure is fun!!!

Back