Ebike battery house fire in Australia

Toyota says and is putting out news releases but where is it? What’s vehicles will it being used in? How much more expensive is it? Not even a prototype? As a 4 time Toyota hybrid owner, I’m less and less likely to believe Toyota about anything as time goes on.🙄
I would guess you feel the same about Volkswagon and thier partnership with Quantumscape?

I would guess you feel the same about Volkswagon and thier partnership with Quantumscape?
It was clear I was speaking about Toyota. I have no experience with VW/Porsche/Audi/yada, yada.
Someone will do it eventually but how/what/where/who/why?

It was clear I was speaking about Toyota. I have no experience with VW/Porsche/Audi/yada, yada.
Prototype scheduled to be released this year... So at most 9 month's?

I know what you were talking about, I was just wondering how you feel about the other prospects?
IMHO solid state batteries are inevitable and in short time.

Does it matter who gets it propagated first???

Prototype scheduled to be released this year... So at most 9 month's?
"I want something to be true, therefore it is!" 🎅🧚🦄

There aren't credible sources saying mass production before 2026. 2025 is only for limited production. 2027+ is maybe the starting point for mass production.

Then I guess we’ll see how it goes. It’s gonna be interesting to see just how it’s all put together. Cost/charging/size of batteries, etc.
Solid state is the future obviously. As for ever getting a solid state battery for the present cases I own ... hope is not a word I would use.

Solid state is the future obviously. As for ever getting a solid state battery for the present cases I own ... hope is not a word I would use.
I’m guessing my hybrids will, as my 90+ father-in-law says, “see me out”!😉

I’m guessing my hybrids will, as my 90+ father-in-law says, “see me out”!😉
As spend y as they currently are I'm more than likely to buy a Lucid, Just because!
Because Lucid is a huge step above Tesla. Because their propitiatory drive trains. Because full self drive ability.
Not to mention it's the most beautiful car I have seen in quite a while !

"I want something to be true, therefore it is!" 🎅🧚🦄

There aren't credible sources saying mass production before 2026. 2025 is only for limited production. 2027+ is maybe the starting point for mass production.
I'm not wishing it to be true... Just repeating what I read.
7+ years... Gives me time to run my vette into the ground.

As spend y as they currently are I'm more than likely to buy a Lucid, Just because!
Because Lucid is a huge step above Tesla. Because their propitiatory drive trains. Because full self drive ability.
Not to mention it's the most beautiful car I have seen in quite a while !
I’m not wealthy enough to buy one just because but it’s a gorgeous vehicle. I’ve gotten less interested in the newest vehicles as the complexity is getting way out of hand including my ‘19 hybrid. I can’t imagine how folks will get around in 25 years!

I’m not wealthy enough to buy one just because but it’s a gorgeous vehicle. I’ve gotten less interested in the newest vehicles as the complexity is getting way out of hand including my ‘19 hybrid. I can’t imagine how folks will get around in 25 years!
Well, EVs compared to ICEs are far simpler and robust. There are just so many fewer moving part or parts period. No pistons; no valves; no coolant; no transmission; no oil. etc etc etc.
In fact about the only thing you will need to service are the brakes and tires.

Well, EVs compared to ICEs are far simpler and robust. There are just so many fewer moving part or parts period. No pistons; no valves; no coolant; no transmission; no oil. etc etc etc.
In fact about the only thing you will need to service are the brakes and tires.
Most auto EVs do have coolant......just say’n!

Lipo is common in phones.
Given how treacherous hobby packs are I mistakenly assumed cell phone batteries wouldn’t be lithium poly. My bad! I have seen high discharge RC packs go up in flames after being pierced. Several YouTube channels with very adept electronics experts call all lithium cells as “liPo”. Live and learn.

yeah Lipo batteries do end up in flames with RC cars.
I don't know which is one(li-ion or lipo) has less propensity to combust though.
They both have potential and should be taken seriously.
Like stated before... The difference between gasoline and propane.
You pretty much need to take the same precautions

How accurate is this chart?
I just went on https://www.ravpower.com/ and I see that they sell Lipo batteries but not Li-ion (as far as I can see, I could be wrong). Their description sometimes does not indicate which battery they use. It simply says lithium battery, or does not indicate at all.
I just wonder why combustion risk is not indicated on Lipo battery. 😑
You would have to ask them. they have a contact number.

Back