Easy Motion USA Introduction

The 2015 Evo Street looks like it could be a nice model for me since I'm barely 5'0" and it's a step thru design. The 2 things that concern me about Easy Motion bikes are:

1. The weight of these evo step thru bikes (57 lbs), which means if there's no power I doubt I'd have enough strength to power the bike on my own and
2. No local service in my area for this brand (the Raleigh/Durham NC area). The closest authorized dealer to me is 3 to 4 hours away.

The 2015 Evo Street looks like it could be a nice model for me since I'm barely 5'0" and it's a step thru design. The 2 things that concern me about Easy Motion bikes are:

1. The weight of these evo step thru bikes (57 lbs), which means if there's no power I doubt I'd have enough strength to power the bike on my own and
2. No local service in my area for this brand (the Raleigh/Durham NC area). The closest authorized dealer to me is 3 to 4 hours away.
You'd be surprised how well these bikes ride without power. Because they utilize a geared motor they free-wheel really well. It's kind of like riding a bike with a little bit of cargo on it. The Street is one bike that fortunately will fit you well and it is one of my favorites for shorter riders. This bike is new for the US and will be available in about a month, we have sold many of the earlier version and we continue to get requests for it. This bike is upgraded with on/off bike charging, a 12ah battery and disc brakes completing the bike quite nicely.

I had similar types of concerns before purchasing a Jumper.
Be sure to do some test rides. Like yourself every dealer was 3-4 hours distant.

The bikes do still pedal with an acceptable level without power, but it is very rare to ever run out of power.
The batteries will last longer if we don't go below 20%, so I do pedal at times without the assist. It means I pedal about 3 to 5 gears lower, but the pedaling is still acceptable.

Regular bike shops can still work on your bike, just not the electric part. I only needed a shop to true a wheel after riding through large rocks.

My electric bike has been a great purchase!

Mike
Colorado, USA

IMG_1962.JPG
Here's my bike on a recent trip to Western PA.

Last edited:
If the controller can handle the swap from 36v to 48v, a 350w motor shouldn't have any problem. 150w is nothing. My farts have almost that much power. The bigger question is what is the controller limited to on a 350w bike like a Carbon. I'm guessing it might be a little more than the other 36v models since it's rated at a higher top speed.

If the controller handles the voltage, I would think a Carbon, equipped with a 48v battery would be the shizz, because of the presumably lighter motor, and would probably be near 500w.

If people are truly getting less range after swapping to the 48v battery, it's probably only because they're riding at higher speeds all the time.

I have tried a nitro battery on my euro Race. Gps top speed is 41 kmh.
The motor has 250 watts at top speed. Im pretty sure a US bike with a Nitro battery will go 45 kmh because it has a 350 w motor.

When will the 2015 models be available for purchase?

Are you able to adjust the assist levels on theses bikes? For example, low level assist from 70% down to 50%.

Finally, what is the torque on the new Jet and 27.5 MTB?

The Nitro Cross and City are out and reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. It's such a blast to ride, and unless you need significant range, I'd put it up against any other high speed ebike in it's class, nimble, quick, and accelerates smoothly an with authority right up to 30 mph. You give up a bit of range with the 9ah battery, but if that's not a big concern, this bike is hard to beat.

Nate, any way to upgrade a Neo Carbon with new motor or 48V 12A battery??

I am very interested in the Evo 27.5 or Evo Cross. Any plans to provide throttle mode when in pedal assist? This would be a very nice feature to have. Plus a trigger throttle versus twist grip, and these bikes would be close to perfect. Thanks.

Mike, thanks for you interest in BH/Easy Motion bikes. We have discussed the possibility of allowing throttle use in PAS. I can't speak to whether we plan to make this change though. I agree it would be a very nice feature and one I support. Regarding a twist throttle vs. a thumb throttle, I am split. I am personally fond of the twist throttle, and ours has a light spring action, so the issue of wrist fatigue is minimized unlike some others I have used.

Thumb throttles are nice, though most I have tried have a spring tension that is pretty firm causing thumb fatigue after extended use. Both types have their drawbacks. The reality is that throttle operation on PAS bikes should really only see occasional use, and many bikes like the Bosch mid-drive bikes don't even have them.

Ideally in a perfect world I would love to have the option of both (as I like options!), though I rarely use throttle (POD) unless riding one of our emountain bikes on technical off-road terrain> There I prefer it PAS and primarily use leg power as much as possible augmented by engaging the throttle through tricky or some uphill sections.

I hope this has been helpful, and whichever model you choose, after acquainting yourself with the bike and it's operation, I think you'll be very pleased with how it performs.

If such a feature were made available would it be something that existing EVO owners could have added to or programmed into their bikes through some kind of software update? (I realize you'd only be speculating but I'm just curious if such a thing would be possible technically).

Honestly, ebike electronics are not that sophisticated, so technically it shouldn't be hard to do it, the question is whether we would add this provision and that I don't know.

Back