Easy Motion USA Introduction

I just got to check out these bikes at Eurobike and they were awesome! The Evo models will be available late this month and the Nitro's (Cross and Race) shortly there after. I imagine this ratcheting system will fit the 2014 bikes with no issue. The axles are essentially the same, the RDS is essentially a nut with a handle on it. I'll try to get more info to confirm this at Interbike.

Thanks a lot Chris. Its great that EVOs are on their way and we can get then as soon as this month!!! Please keep us posted about the RDS compatibility with 2014 models. On the bike charger port and RDS are two great upgrades that I really liked on them.

I spoke to Marc of EM today morning and he told me only two of the models (Nitro City and Nitro Cross) will be available sometime in October. Realistic estimate would be late October.

Here is a picture from the catalog.

Available Nitro Models for 2015.JPG

Last edited:
I have a Stromer ST1 w/official I believe 27mph, I get passed on bike trails by non motorized bikes. If the speed limit is the issue, even my Subaru Baja can do 90+mph (barely lol), that is more than allowed , why build a car that can do 90 (or more) how about a motorcycle @150MPH or more, why was that built? Some cars at 200+.

I can barely keep 27-28 mph. i would like a bike that that can keep that speed...even up hills, 36 volts 500 watts ain't making it

And I agree, I passed my driver's test already. Also, I am happy and want to insure legally anything I drive. But mainly I do want to drive on the bike trails (away form cars and more nature)

Ravi you posted while I was typing my vent. Those are not the same models Chris said were coming. Can we put you 2 in a steel cage match to see which answer is correct? :)

My money is on Chris for the fight but guessing you are correct, more conservative answer

I have a Stromer ST1 w/official I believe 27mph, I get passed on bike trails by non motorized bikes. If the speed limit is the issue, even my Subaru Baja can do 90+mph (barely lol), that is more than allowed , why build a car that can do 90 (or more) how about a motorcycle @150MPH or more, why was that built? Some cars at 200+.

I can barely keep 27-28 mph. i would like a bike that that can keep that speed...even up hills, 36 volts 500 watts ain't making it

And I agree, I passed my driver's test already. Also, I am happy and want to insure legally anything I drive. But mainly I do want to drive on the bike trails (away form cars and more nature)

Ravi you posted while I was typing my vent. Those are not the same models Chris said were coming. Can we put you 2 in a steel cage match to see which answer is correct? :)
My money is on Chris for the fight but guessing you are correct, more conservative answer

Hey Mark,
I confirmed it with the guy who started this thread (EM tech guy, Marc).
I called Crazy Lenny and he wasn't sure either so I called up EM and got the answer. I guess Chris also meant the same thing but since he is typing from Eurobike (at an airport or something) could be a typo.
If I receive any updates, I'll post it here.

You're correct with re: speed. 36V systems won't help you cruise at 27mph. 48V system is the way to go.
You should get a ST2 buddy :D

Too Many Marc's or Mark's on this thread...:)

The Nitro City and Cross look very similar except for the commuting bits such as a rack and fenders. The 500w geared motor is attractive, as it is almost as small as the brake rotor. I was sure that a mid-drive was going to be my next bike, but assuming the geared motor has an increase in torque, that may be a great option.

The Bosch paired with the road bike geometry and drop bars of the Haibike Race is still the most exciting bike I have seen pictures of so far.

You can put a nitro battery on a carbon. They fit 100 percent. The carbon is 36v and the Nitro battery is 48v. Some folks in Australia has this combination and it vworks with out troubles. On euro bike it rises the top speed from 30 kmh to 40 kmh. I guess on a US bike it will rise the top speed from 35 to 45 kmh

Peter (or anyone else),
Will the nitro battery also fit on a 2014 Neo Cross? I really hope so, as I am firmly in the camp for raising the top end speed of my bike. I'm commuting a ton on my Neo Cross, and loving it, but there is hellish traffic and bad roads here in Boston, and I need all the assistance I can.

Peter (or anyone else),
Will the nitro battery also fit on a 2014 Neo Cross? I really hope so, as I am firmly in the camp for raising the top end speed of my bike. I'm commuting a ton on my Neo Cross, and loving it, but there is hellish traffic and bad roads here in Boston, and I need all the assistance I can.

This has been answered in some earlier threads.
Short answer. No.

The controller, the battery (48V) and the motor (500W) are all different. Just by swapping the battery won't do anything unless you change the controller.
Also, the number of copper turnings inside the motor decides how much current it can draw. 500W geared motor (larger copper mass) with the right kind of controller+battery can be different from a 36v system.

Why am I so concerned?
If this was possible, I would have done it on my Jumper. I don't want to swap the battery + controller on my 36V jumper when the 350W motor is not designed to take that kind of load.

This has been answered in some earlier threads.
Short answer. No.

The controller, the battery (48V) and the motor (500W) are all different. Just by swapping the battery won't do anything unless you change the controller.
Also, the number of copper turnings inside the motor decides how much current it can draw. 500W geared motor (larger copper mass) with the right kind of controller+battery can be different from a 36v system.

Why am I so concerned?
If this was possible, I would have done it on my Jumper. I don't want to swap the battery + controller on my 36V jumper when the 350W motor is not designed to take that kind of load.

Hi Ravi,
I am aware that the controller, the battery (48V) and the motor (500W) are all different on Neo Cross and Nitro. I was asking because of Peter's comment some days back that "You can put a nitro battery on a carbon. They fit 100 percent. The carbon is 36v and the Nitro battery is 48v. Some folks in Australia has this combination and it works with out troubles." (I am equating the Cross and the Carbon because I believe they are exactly the same bike except for the frame.)

I recall as Peter does, that in Australia people have been modifying 36V bikes to work with a 48V battery without changing 350W motor; my memory is that this simple change of battery voltage increased speed without damaging the motor. I can't remember if the controller was changed also.

Am I all wrong about this, or misinterpreting Peter's thread?

Hi Ravi,
I am aware that the controller, the battery (48V) and the motor (500W) are all different on Neo Cross and Nitro. I was asking because of Peter's comment some days back that "You can put a nitro battery on a carbon. They fit 100 percent. The carbon is 36v and the Nitro battery is 48v. Some folks in Australia has this combination and it works with out troubles." (I am equating the Cross and the Carbon because I believe they are exactly the same bike except for the frame.)

I recall as Peter does, that in Australia people have been modifying 36V bikes to work with a 48V battery without changing 350W motor; my memory is that this simple change of battery voltage increased speed without damaging the motor. I can't remember if the controller was changed also.

Am I all wrong about this, or misinterpreting Peter's thread?

Hi Orlans,

What was done in AUS is more of a hack than a legit modification. I'm not sure if EM has endorsed such modification without affecting the warranty.

Yes, they did see 5-10 kph increase when they switched to 48V and few guys used a booster pack in series etc. But I am not sure how reliant they were and how it affected the battery (they did notice a drastic decrease in the range)
Also, it costed close $1000 to them to get a Nitro battery. So, there are all these quirks with it.

BUT if you do get to do these w/o any issues, please update us so that we can learn from your experience. :)

With the price of a Nitro battery at close to $1000, I'll probably wait until the Nitro is in the country and purchase one then. My Neo Cross is only 6 months old; I'll sell it and put the money into a Nitro.

With the price of a Nitro battery at close to $1000, I'll probably wait until the Nitro is in the country and purchase one then. My Neo Cross is only 6 months old; I'll sell it and put the money into a Nitro.

I don't think it would cost $1000 here in the US though.
AUS follows the same EU rules, 250W and 15mph limit.
So, they had to outsource the battery from a different place and hence the price.

I don't think it would cost $1000 here in the US though.
AUS follows the same EU rules, 250W and 15mph limit.
So, they had to outsource the battery from a different place and hence the price.
Thanks Ravi ... I'll continue to research the potential of adding the larger battery to my bike (but only if it has no deleterious effects), and let you know what I come up with. I'm not in a rush, but want to eventually have a faster top speed for my pedelec. I'm certainly not against buying a Nitro down the road.

Perhaps, for those of us who have new bikes, EM will allow us to buy new rear wheels (and hence a new motor) and a 48v battery at a good price. I realize the concept of upgrade pricing is not germane to the bike industry but maybe the advent of e-bike technology might make vendors create incentives for early adopters to have the latest and greatest.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Perhaps, for those of us who have new bikes, EM will allow us to buy new rear wheels (and hence a new motor) and a 48v battery at a good price. I realize the concept of upgrade pricing is not germane to the bike industry but maybe the advent of e-bike technology might make vendors create incentives for early adopters to have the latest and greatest.

Its not just "buy new rear wheels (and hence a new motor) and a 48v battery " right? We will have to replace the controller also. Any clue why the 48v/500watt motor combination is not added to the new EVO/jumpers or BOSCH or NEO, but just restricted to the Nitro version Alone :)

Sorry for the misinformation, I'm not really sure what happened there, maybe all of this traveling has started to weigh on me. Thanks for the correction Ravi. The Nitro models are the Cross and the City versions. These bikes are quite fast, but for those that need a longer range these might not be the move. It's certainly nice to see this wide selection of speed pedelecs in the US now.

I thought finally settled on getting the Neo Xtrem, but noticed it is no longer listed for 2015. Has it been discontinued?

I thought finally settled on getting the Neo Xtrem, but noticed it is no longer listed for 2015. Has it been discontinued?
Yes. It has been discontinued and they're not bringing any more in. I would recommend either a 650b from this model year or next year if you need a bit more standover height (sub 5'7" can get a bit tight). We have a couple of 2014 650b's and they're on sale if you need. PM me if you're interested.

Surprisingly, Ebikes make excellent holiday gifts. We usually have closer to 50 different models but we've sold out of a few different models.

Back