Easy Motion USA Introduction

The Nitro City is getting rave reviews at Eurobike. At this point, we have not developed a 12ah battery for the Nitro, but I am sure we are working on it.

I'm new to E-bikes and the forum. I've spent every other day for the past month on my new Neo Xtreme (thanks for the deal Chris!) and I have to say it is a dream come true! It has exceeded all my expectations and I look forward to enjoying thousands of miles of commuting and off-roading on it. Now that I am used to it and understand the various dynamics of e-biking, I have to say that this bike was nearly perfect and required zero adjustments (did move the seat forward and leveled the tilt). At first I thought it was overpowered and I was wasting precious juice. Now I understand the incredible engineering that went into this machine to make it safe, zippy, and efficient. If I had to change one thing it would be to have a sub eco mode for a little better workout and longer battery life. I sometimes find myself switching to standard mode just to eliminate the feel of the motor cutting in and out rather than for extra power. That said, I am able to do a 20 mile round trip commute with about 5 miles of power left over in eco/standard modes on almost level ground and a lot of accelerating from stops. On weekends I hit the trails and though mileage is a bit less, I am still good for up to two hours of fun in the saddle. Although the front tends to lift when climbing a steep grade and pedaling hard, there is no tendency for the rear wheel to lift when braking hard. Therefore the rear motor is just fine and makes the machine very safe for all types of riding. The top speed is just right too. Everything that happens on this E-bike is within the envelope of an un-powered bike, you just get to do it faster and with less effort.

I have a lot more to say about E-biking in general, which is a HUGE sleeping giant. For now I will just provide some observations. Every day on the streets of Manhattan I am seeing MANY brand new ARROW/MBC delivery bikes. Also have seen and spoke with two non-delivery people with them (one three yrs old, one new, both middle aged dudes). Its rare to see non-delivery e-bikes here, but two of the approximate 10 I have seen in a month were old guys bringing light fishing gear to the shore.

After my 10 mile - 45 minute ride (was 65 minutes) - I feel energized but not worn out. Sweaty yes, but not like before. Now I can enjoy the ride when its 80-85F and humid instead of just skipping it. And my knees, though perfectly healthy, would sometimes start to hurt if overexerted. Never feel that now.

Before I tried a friend's Arrow, I did not understand the benefit of E-bikes, though I biked all my life. A single day of riding on rolling country roads convinced me to immediately go out and buy my own E-bike. My dealer let my try several different bikes in the moderate price range, but saved the Neo Xtreme for last. I immediately recognized its solid build and engineering. Now I see that so many of the things that keep people off of bikes (fear of sweating, being a bit out shape, facing hills, inability to keep up with urban traffic) are solved by the E-bike.

When we choose to ride an elevator instead of walking up stairs, nobody questions it. When we use a huge variety of appliances to do things quicker and smarter we rarely give it the slightest thought. Soon this will be true of E-bikes as well and its so exciting to be ahead of the trend for a change.
Well articulated...................I share the same sentiments.

The Nitro City is getting rave reviews at Eurobike. At this point, we have not developed a 12ah battery for the Nitro, but I am sure we are working on it.
This is very troubling for me. I came to blows with my husband about multiple motorcycles and now it looks like I MUST have multiple e-bikes. Can I keep the Nitro at your house so he won't find out..................

This is very troubling for me. I came to blows with my husband about multiple motorcycles and now it looks like I MUST have multiple e-bikes. Can I keep the Nitro at your house so he won't find out..................

86, I'd love to keep the Nitro at my house, though I'm afraid I would not be able to keep the neighbors off of it...Lol! Look at it this way, you will be restoring balance to the universe and getting closer to motorcycle - ebike parity! Peace.

Carbon Nitro. Or if that isn't good, Nitro Carbon, best of both worlds. Either way works for me :)

Mark

What if we take our Neo Carbon frames and add the back wheel and controller from the Nitro line. That should make a great bike!!

You can put a nitro battery on a carbon. They fit 100 percent. The carbon is 36v and the Nitro battery is 48v. Some folks in Australia has this combination and it vworks with out troubles. On euro bike it rises the top speed from 30 kmh to 40 kmh. I guess on a US bike it will rise the top speed from 35 to 45 kmh

You can put a nitro battery on a carbon. They fit 100 percent. The carbon is 36v and the Nitro battery is 48v. Some folks in Australia has this combination and it vworks with out troubles. On euro bike it rises the top speed from 30 kmh to 40 kmh. I guess on a US bike it will rise the top speed from 35 to 45 kmh
When I need a new battery for my Carbon, the 48 volt Nitro battery will be a very tempting choice!! Maybe I can ride my Carbon to a dealer that has both and give it a try. I REALLY doubt that anyone(dealer) would indulge my experiment. Warranty issues?? I live right by their CA headquarters so I should be able to order one and get it pretty quick, but I wouldn't want to void my warranty or damage my motor. I need to try that Nitro, it sounds great!! I am starting to think about selling my Carbon for one. I am also starting to think that ebikes are like most "tech" products; next year there will ALWAYS be something better. Maybe I can lease one!

Last edited:
My Neo Carbon is for sale. $3500 and includes XT shifters, Marathon Plus tires, and will sell, at a discount the other accessories. PM is interested. I will buy a Nitro Race when it is available.

Nate,
There is nothing too ground breaking about the Nitro. It's quite late to the market already. It would have swept the market had it been early 2014 or 2013.

Stromer ST1 platinum has some promotion going on and medium tier bikes like Izip Dash and Izip Peak can also reach 28mph.
Focus Aventura S10 can also reach 28mph and comes with Impulse 2.0 and 612Wh battery!!! that can be a true Touring bike.
At $4300, I see Nitro to be a good competitor to ST1 platinum, Focus Aventura S10 and Bosch speed pedelecs.

Is it just the Nitro City or are you also bringing in Nitro 29er, Nitro Cross and Nitro Race?

I will buy a Nitro Cross or Race if they are delivered to the US.

I read the Nitro has a 500 watt motor, but are there any additional specs? Is it still a geared design or is the Nitro gearless? Any idea what peak torque is (the Dapu 350w geared is around 40Nm I believe)?

I read the Nitro has a 500 watt motor, but are there any additional specs? Is it still a geared design or is the Nitro gearless? Any idea what peak torque is (the Dapu 350w geared is around 40Nm I believe)?

Hello Marc,
Yes, it will be geared 500W motor.
We have attached additional images and specs here. (all of them are speed pedelecs)
Let us know if you have any questions.

We value your feedback. Please share your thoughts.

Nitro City ( ideal for commuting, touring)

Nitro City.JPG City Specs.JPG

Nitro 29er ( MTB)
Nitro 29er.JPG 29er Specs.JPG

Nitro Race ( road race warrior)
Nitro Race.JPG Race Specs.JPG

Nitro Cross (hybrid for commuting and light trail riding)
Nitro Cross.JPG Cross Specs.JPG

Hello Marc,

When can we expect the 2015 EVO series(jumper) in the US? Will they also be getting shipped by October first week or do we need to wait long for them?

Also from the US catalog:
http://www.emotionbikesusa.com
<<<< Changing flats are now a lot easier with a RDS motor as no wrench is
needed. The Quick Release lever is ratcheted, allowing positioning to be
quick and easy. RDS is featured on the Easy Motion EVO Series. Available
as a aftermarket kit for the NITRO Series and NEO Series. >>>>

Can this kit be used in the 2014 NEO(specifically looking about 650B jumper)?

Thanks
Sijin

Last edited:
Hello Marc,

When can we expect the 2015 EVO series(jumper) in the US? Will they also be getting shipped by October first week or do we need to wait long for them?

Also from the US catalog:
http://www.emotionbikesusa.com/docs/Easy Motion Catalog emailable.pdf
<<<< Changing flats are now a lot easier with a RDS motor as no wrench is
needed. The Quick Release lever is ratcheted, allowing positioning to be
quick and easy. RDS is featured on the Easy Motion EVO Series. Available
as a aftermarket kit for the NITRO Series and NEO Series. >>>>

Can this kit be used in the 2014 NEO(specifically looking about 650B jumper)?

Thanks
Sijin
I just got to check out these bikes at Eurobike and they were awesome! The Evo models will be available late this month and the Nitro's (Cross and Race) shortly there after. I imagine this ratcheting system will fit the 2014 bikes with no issue. The axles are essentially the same, the RDS is essentially a nut with a handle on it. I'll try to get more info to confirm this at Interbike.

Nate,
There is nothing too ground breaking about the Nitro. It's quite late to the market already. It would have swept the market had it been early 2014 or 2013.

Stromer ST1 platinum has some promotion going on and medium tier bikes like Izip Dash and Izip Peak can also reach 28mph.
Focus Aventura S10 can also reach 28mph and comes with Impulse 2.0 and 612Wh battery!!! that can be a true Touring bike.
At $4300, I see Nitro to be a good competitor to ST1 platinum, Focus Aventura S10 and Bosch speed pedelecs.

Is it just the Nitro City or are you also bringing in Nitro 29er, Nitro Cross and Nitro Race?
Just the Cross and Race versions are coming to the US. I think it will appeal to customer that want a lot of power in a bike that's a bit more stealthy. It won't have the long range as some, but it does have a lot of power. It's good to see a lot more speed pedelec's coming to market and many more for next year.

Thanks a lot Chris. Its great that EVOs are on their way and we can get then as soon as this month!!! Please keep us posted about the RDS compatibility with 2014 models. On the bike charger port and RDS are two great upgrades that I really liked on them.

In Europe, high speed pedelecs (28mph ebikes) require license, registration, and insurance as they have a different classification. I have ridden all of the 28mph bikes you have mentioned and more, race traditional bikes, and can handle a 28mph ebike pretty well. The big problem is less so the operator but that motorists do not expect you to be going that fast in the bike lane, so the likelyhood of accidents does increase. I have spoken to a number of folks that own 28mph+ bikes and this is their greatest concern.

UB,

I always felt the 28mph bikes are safer for the rider. Gets one thru bad spots faster and few cars pass in the 30mph zones. Whether going 15 or 30mph, when riding in a traffic lane and need to get passed by a car, it can always get tenuos. It is true that cars may pull out infront of an on coming bike, not expecting the speed. However, expectations are something that can be influenced and changed, and not hard fact.
Higher speeds on ebikes means fewer cars on the road, bottom line. Do we, USA, want that?

E-bikes have been the unwanted step child of the cycling industry for years, and slowly gaining acceptance. Now the 28mph assist are the red-headed, unwanted step child. Too fast for the regular cyclist and not expected for the automobiles. Ugh!

What is ironic is that almost every person I read on this forum , who have ridden an ebike and know it's strengths and limits, ... want to move up to a faster, 20+ mph, 28mph pedelec/moped bike. 20 mph, for a regular commuter/rider, is achieved on a road bike or quality hybrid and a person in moderate shape.

Some national standards are coming and I see some forthougth from BH to wait that out.

The national law of 20mph/750W is being modified by states and toning down the power to 500W or less for the 20mph limit. Less is needed for 20mph, but the 750W helps with needed acceleration, cargo, disabilities, etc., so I prefer the power level not change, and meet regulation via a governor.

20-30mph seems to be the sweet spot for active commuters and enthusiast. Ok, that is moped speed, but isn't a driver's license enough? Probably won't stick. Expect regulation? :(

Back