Easy Motion USA Introduction

As a soon-to-be owner of a 2015 Street, I'd like to advocate for that. Even if BH charged a nominal fee to existing evo owners, it would be a much-wanted feature. I feel confident in saying that I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't want to be able to have the option of using the throttle without having to turn off PAS.

And ditto for the upgraded bigger font display when that is available. I know I want one.

Noted on the throttle mod. Good news, the larger display has already begun to show up as a running change on some bikes, i.e. my EVO Street sample. It's great for these old eyes and in addition to the traditional segment style battery charge indicator, includes % of charge which I found helpful yesterday as I (by design) rolled in to my garage showing 0% and then the bike shut off, sweet! We don't have the new display for sale quite yet, and maybe your new EVO Street has the new display as well (see attached).

Attachments

• New display.jpg
    New display.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 313
I'll know in a few days. :) If it doesn't have the larger display, can I swap it out for the newer one?

I'm also anticipating that within the next couple of years, Easy Motion will have a 15ah battery and I'm going on record right now that I want it and hope it will work with my 2015 Evo Street!

As a product manager I'm thinking roadmap and timelines....

Fingers crossed! This year over last we saw 33% increase in capacity so very possible. How much more range do you need?

I think the real question is: how much more will I weigh by then? :-O

No idea what my current range will be since I don't have the bike yet, I just know I'll always like more than what I have and by then my 12ah battery will have diminished range.

Hopefully by riding your new EVO Street you'll lose weight...if that is one your goals. :p
I've gone 64 miles on a NEO Jumper with 1900 ft. of climbing in 3 hrs 55 min., granted riding efficiently in ECO mode, but I doubt if most folks will ride for more than a couple of hours on their ebikes, easily doable on our EVO bikes. If so, I would recommend taking our light charger, stopping for lunch, charging the battery and rolling on to further enjoy the day! ;)

Losing weight is most definitely one of my goals! That and being able to ride a bike on low rolling type hills without having to dismount and walk the bike like I do my Specialized hybrid or having my heart rate go so high I have to stop and rest after attempting a really not-that-steep hill. It will take me time to build up to riding over 2 hours, but I know for sure I can do 1 hour. I really like the stop for food and/or beverage & charge up some more strategy.

BTW, I used to work with this guy who leads a double-down ride each year. 200 miles in one day from the mountains to the beach..on a regular racing style road bike. His cycling team leaves at 5:30am, with stops every 35 mi or so. No, I will not be doing that kind of riding, not in one day! :eek:

Last edited:
I have some thoughts about the PAS levels and what I think BH needs to consider:

BH needs to add another PAS level in there instead of jumping from 70% eco up to 140% standard. I would consider standard a 1:1 ratio. You push/bike pushes.

Riders could really leverage their range by being able to stay under 140 PAS mode as well as have an additional level to use as they get fitter.

I suggest the following range:

70 (Eco)
100 (Standard)
140 (Sport)
200 (Double)
300 (Turbo)

I have some thoughts about the PAS levels and what I think BH needs to consider:

BH needs to add another PAS level in there instead of jumping from 70% eco up to 140% standard. I would consider standard a 1:1 ratio. You push/bike pushes.
Riders could really leverage their range by being able to stay under 140 PAS mode as well as have an additional level to use as they get fitter.
I suggest the following range:
70 (Eco)
100 (Standard)
140 (Sport)
200 (Double)
300 (Turbo)

Having more graduated PAS would be very useful in getting more juice out of the battery. We are seeing upwards of 40 miles in "Eco" on the Evo series.

Last edited:
Undercover Bro,

You mention a "light charger" in one of your posts above. Is this a different charger than whatever the standard charger is that comes with the bike or are you using that as an adjective for the standard Evo charger?

For me riding around the city on my EVO Cross the range is already so huge that I just leave it on boost all the time. I still get plenty of exercise by pushing hard after the speed limiter hits or going up hills the motor can't get to top speed at. I could see that some people might want to extend the range, but wow that's going to be a lot of riding :) Boost lets me keep up with traffic better and can take an entire lane of traffic in some situations without upsetting the drivers behind me.

Aaron, as a driver myself, I can say they actually are upset with you. They may not be beeping or screaming, but they're seeing you up there and wondering what you're going to do. Its not you, its all the other bike riders that have brought it to that.

Also, what seems like flying to you is really you being a roadblock that drivers have to get around...

I only do it when I can keep up with the speed of traffic and there isn't room on the side of the road to be safe. On the main route I go on this is for a couple blocks where the cars can't go that fast because of the lights. I'm sure you're right that some people will get upset regardless, but that's ok, those people are going to be mad driving anyway. I'm a driver too, and you shouldn't assume that I can't use my judgement to avoid being a roadblock.

I know that any bike in the middle of a lane isn't using proper judgment, and here in Colorado is also incidentally breaking the law. No assumptions being made, just stating a fact.

I'm a bike rider too and a driver. I'm not trying to get into a battle with you, but stay out of the middle of the lane. Get over to the right where you belong. Even if you don't get killed yourself, you're creating dangerous traffic problems behind you out in the middle, even though you think you're flying along!
:rolleyes:

Here in Vancouver it's legal and encouraged by the city to ride in the middle of the lane when it's dangerous by the side as long as cars aren't moving quickly. People quite often die riding close to parked cars when they run into an opening door. I'm sorry to hear that Colorado has such poor traffic laws that would require you to cycle so dangerously.

So, you aren't making assumptions, but somehow you know I'm not using proper judgement, that I'm causing "dangerous traffic problems" and I think I'm "flying along" even though I'm not. Actually, even though it is completely legal for me to slow down traffic in the situations where I ride in the middle of the lane, I'm just happy that now I don't have to and can ride right behind the car in front of me. The only person who's having any problem here is you. If you don't want to get into a battle then don't make such sweeping generalizations that you think you know what's best for everyone everywhere.

I certainly don't know what's best for people in Canada, you're right. I imagine drivers there like having bicycles going slow in front of them (as you indicate is perfectly fine) in the middle of the lane.

Yes, I'm certain all the drivers behind you love you very much!

Can you read? I'm going as fast as the cars are.

Apparently you don't know what's best for people in Denver either, it's legal there too and your RTF says when it's ok.

"A bicyclist may take the travel lane where traffic is slow and the lane is narrow, there is no shoulder or bike lane, when approaching an intersection, or if you are moving at the same speed as the flow of traffic. Moving to the center of the lane establishes your position and prevents motorists from passing until there’s enough room."

Back