E-bike battery fires and common sense prevention per Wall Street.

Why have you had to buy so many ebikes? That's more than one a year...🤔
During the pandemic, I give them out to friends, family & people I work with so they don't have to rely on crowded public transportation to get to where they need to be.

Having owned over a dozen of (Chinese) ebikes since 2013, never experienced any battery catching fire.

Statistically, a dozen negatives means nothing in this context, but very helpful video. Thanks!

good video, i will say my charger is quite hot to the touch when charging and it's the factory issue charger. has always made me a little nervous and i put a little wire stand under it to help get some air flow under the charger.

good video, i will say my charger is quite hot to the touch when charging and it's the factory issue charger. has always made me a little nervous and i put a little wire stand under it to help get some air flow under the charger.
Most chargers I'm familiar with get warm to the touch. Some have a small internal fan which can fail. If yours has one, make sure it's operating correctly. It should never get too hot to touch or produce an odor. If it does either, REPLACE IT!!

Tried to charge my bike inside once at my previous large corporate office and was politely told by security to take it to the bike rack. no one has ever had an issue with me bringing my battery inside and charging it at my desk though. It's kind of like space heaters. every office says you can't have them, but everyone secretly has one under their desk.

As I think about it more, if you tell someone they can't charge their ebike battery inside, the next level would be all laptops and iphones need to leave too. it would get wild!

Back