E-bike and Bike Computers (Garmin, Wahoo)

Silo1231

Hi. I like to collect data when I ride. I'm trying to figure out how to get accurate measurements from my bike computer (Wahoo) when I ride my e-bike. For example, I find that calories burned is overestimated. My bike shop believes this:

"If you are using the Wahoo or any other computer on your E-bike the "calories burned" will reflect the total energy expended to go as far and fast as you are going including the input from the motor"

The bike computer also estimates much higher power zones and watts presumably b/c the computer thinks I'm doing all the work.

Anyone solve these issues with their set up? Is it as easy as just getting a power meter that measures how hard I push on the pedals (Stages or Garmin Vector pedals)?

(I ride R&M Supercharger with Kios display).

Appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

I use an Apple Watch for tracking the info on my rad Rover. Power zones are fairly accurate because it is using the heart rate/ to determine power out put, along with distance, elevation and speed.

Another Apple Watch user here. It keeps a good record of the info I’m interested in. Easy to use as well.

I use an Apple Watch for tracking the info on my rad Rover. Power zones are fairly accurate because it is using the heart rate/ to determine power out put, along with distance, elevation and speed.
Thanks. I'm an Android guy, but suppose I could use a Samsung watch. Given popularity of Garmin/Wahoo, I'm surprised they haven't developed something for fast growing E-Bike segment.

Back