Don't Remove That Wheel To Fix a Flat...

I needed a new tube, so I stopped in the sporting goods section of my department store (Meijers in the Midwest). Couldn't find a regular tube, as they were carrying Slime and Schwinn self sealers in my size. Then I saw this for $8.99. Half the price of the Giadii, which I've still not used. Bought the Huffy home to try out.

P1500629.jpg

The two ends appear to have a button snap, but they didn't "snap" when the tube was deflated.
Easy install. The buttons still didn't lock when I put in a little air, but the two ends laid next to each other in the tire. I presume there is no gap when the tire is fully inflated. Rides fine.

Edit: I looked at the (Link Removed - No Longer Exists). Looks like they're only carried at Meier's and another shop right now.

Last edited:
This looks like a terrific idea for that day you get a rear tire flat 10 miles from the car. I just had my bike shop replace a rear tire tube on my e-Joe Koda after getting my first flat the other day. We put a heavy duty tube in this time, but for 10 bucks this seems like pretty decent anti-walking insurance.

Anyone else tried these?

This looks like a terrific idea for that day you get a rear tire flat 10 miles from the car. I just had my bike shop replace a rear tire tube on my e-Joe Koda after getting my first flat the other day. We put a heavy duty tube in this time, but for 10 bucks this seems like pretty decent anti-walking insurance.

Anyone else tried these?
I haven't used this brand...the gaadi I have used with success an two different occasions. The thing you have to remember is to carry something to cut the old tube. I had to bite a hole in my first one to get a place to put a finger in to rip it apart. Lol. there are a couple of other posts about this type of tube...one guy said his new tube had a leak. I wonder if he cleaned the sticker' out if the tire before inserting the new tube???

Back