Bought a used e-bike, motor cutting off power

This is the used bike I purchased: https://electrobike.com.mx/productos/bicis-electricas/dash/dash

The mechanic that fixed the tire didn't unplug the battery from the controller.

I only described myself doing that trying to troubleshoot the problem as to why the power cut off after the tire repair. After the tire repair, no power was being delivered to the motor. I brought it back to the shop to see if they had an idea what caused this new problem, and they said they don't know as they don't deal with electric bikes.

The only way I know to get power back to the headlight, the battery indicator and the motor, is to unplug the battery from the controller, wait a minute, and then connect them again. Turning the key from off and back to on doesn't work. When the power is being supplied, as soon as I apply too much throttle, it cuts off.

I am just looking for possibilities I can ask the mechanic to try tomorrow as I have no tools to fix it (and don't plan on buying any because I don't live in this town, just visiting for several months).

Thanks for your help!
The link to the bike you purchased is dead. What brand of bike did you by. What is the model ?

That sounds like you have torn wire inside.

This kind of stuff happens all the time with video games.
When your power cable is old, it gets torn inside (usually from wires being bent one direction). When you wiggle around the wire, the power goes on in particular position.
I agree, I have seen similar things in cars and some machinery that I work with.

Open the controller and find /replace this cable.

Back