Don't Remove That Wheel To Fix a Flat...

Lol. Does it work for real? I'd be a customer...

I don't know... but why not? My only concern would be it keeping it's shape inside the tire. Tubes do move and so do tire liners inside a tire. Would certainly be good for an emergency repair.

No reviews anywhere. Not sure if it is better than doing a patch without removing the wheel. Amazon seems to offer it. We should all chip in a dollar and buy one for someone competent, like JR, to review it. Or Court. Not me.

http://www.amazon.com/GAADI-TU4509-Parent-Schrader-Valve-Tube/dp/B00HR088OG

I'll save it, when I have enough in my cart for an order I'll get it and review it. It ain't cheap, the cost of three good tubes! I'm game though.

Would be good if @Court did a video of it though. HEY COURT!!!

JR -- Appreciate it. I noticed when I put a 26 inch in my cart it had a long delay before it might be available. It's been kicking around a while. Wonder what the hangup is.

The longer video above was produced by a very savvy e bike technician that I doubt would promote something that didn't work.

That said a tire liner and slime tube on an e bike where rotating weight is not as much an issue is cheaper in the long run and makes for a pretty reliable system. In the event that weight is a concern then tubeless is another option but most e bikes don't have tubeless ready rims and tires so going ghetto is about the only way and requires some finesse to achieve. Hearing protection is advised, just in case.

I have fixed a flat two weeks ago during out trip to Boston. It was on a bike with belt drive. I pulled the in ertube completely out of the tire except where the presta valve is and inflated it. Luckily the puncture was easily spotted. We patched it, stuffed it back and rolled the tire back on and inflated to proper pressure.

The first video is completely invalid. Why? A pretty young female like that would *never* have to fix her own tire if she were within view of any straight red-blooded male. They'd be lining up to assist her!

What I think I'm reading here is there isn't much interest in this tube?

What I think I'm reading here is there isn't much interest in this tube?

I pulled the trigger & ordered one! I think it's a good addition to my fix-it kit. My hope is I'll never have to use it, but at least I'll have it if I need it. There is no freakin' way I want to have to deal with taking a wheel off my eBike!

I pulled the trigger & ordered one! I think it's a good addition to my fix-it kit. My hope is I'll never have to use it, but at least I'll have it if I need it. There is no freakin' way I want to have to deal with taking a wheel off my eBike!

They should work just fine as long as they aren't short of meeting at the ends.
I swapped tires on my Haibike today, quick releases at both ends. 10 minute job for both.
My Catrike trike with Falco hub motor takes an allen wrench. As does the Stromer front wheel. The Stromer rear takes a regular wrench, but all take 1 tool to loosen the axle.
That is all.
Unplug the electrical connection and slide the wheel out if you have disk brakes, if you have rim brakes you have 1 extra step of relieving the brake calipers that takes 1o seconds.

This type of tube–non-circular–is an old technology. I have seen old, old photos of european merchants (and enthusiasts too) using these to change tubes on their cargo bikes/trikes/whatevers for many years.

Also, don't forget that there are bicycle specific after-the-sad-fact substances in cans that can be injected into tubes to plug holes to get you on your way. At least until you can repair the tube. Most larger, quality bicycle shops offer these. I carry examples from Vittoria and...I forget who made the other one I carry.

not for me, if i cant fix it properly i call for a ride or walk it home. too great a chance of getting another flat after a quick repair without throughly inspecting the complete tire for other stickers or problems. i use a liner and wouldnt want it to get dislodged and done properly i get very few flats so far my present tires have 800 miles without any punctures. i do inspect them and pick out little thornes every couple of weeks before they work their way thru to the tube.

I bought a 26" Giaadi tube this summer as insurance for the hub motors on two ebikes. I probably went overboard. but I have it in the garage anyway along with my collection of spares. Got 26"and 29" wheels. Some Presta. Makes for too many spares.

Only carried spares on one ride this year. Always have a pump and patches though. Recently put a patch, actually two patches on a star shaped 1/2" rip in a fat bike tube. One patch went on inside the tube. Worked out fine.

Back