Does the Haibikes have Walk Assist activated?

bob armani

Can this function be activated here in the US by the dealers firmware, or can it be done by the ebike owner?

Bob,
I'm surprised to hear that it isn't automatically activated, as in UK. I would get your dealer to do so via Bosch firmware.
I never use the walk button (as a walk button), only to activate the speed dongle.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve-

Some are found not to work on both the Intuvia and Yamaha interface. The US has some kind of block on activating them due to possible liability claims.
However, I have seen some that do work on other bikes. I would think the dealers would have a way to override the system to make it work??

I asked about this while attending Bosch Certification class last wk . I was told U.S. is allowing walk assist on Intuvia.

I asked about this while attending Bosch Certification class last wk . I was told U.S. is allowing walk assist on Intuvia.
This is getting more confusing. Another dealer indicated that it requires both software and hardware on the Bosch systems but is not backwards compatible. I guess a simple software/firmware update is not going to do the job to get it working. Then again, it may depend on the brand of the bike?
Thanks Robie

Bosch certified dealers can push the latest 2017 software udpate to enable the walk assist.
Also, you don't have to hold down the button, double tap and single tap to release.
The latest batch of BULLS we received had Walk assist activated.

The purion is a small screen integrated with the mode buttons on the left handlebar for Bosch powered mtbs.

Bosch certified dealers can push the latest 2017 software udpate to enable the walk assist.
Also, you don't have to hold down the button, double tap and single tap to release.
The latest batch of BULLS we received had Walk assist activated.
Thanks Ravi. This is great info for everyone who is not sure about this feature. I assume this is stated somewhere in the owners manual...

I had the Nyon then changed for the Purion, both with walk assist working. In my mind, it's purely a software / firmware change. I'm sure a US dealer can do this using the Bosch diagnostic tool. i find some retailers very helpful and others not so in UK. I think this is the same the world over.

I have a Sduro all mtn 2016, and want the WALK function activated! I have walked up some damn steep dirt hills with the bike, too steep for me to ride up.
The bike is sooo heavy pushing up a steep dirt climb.

Walk assist really needed!!!

I'm in San Diego. Can someone help me get it activated please?!!!

I have a Sduro all mtn 2016, and want the WALK function activated! I have walked up some damn steep dirt hills with the bike, too steep for me to ride up.
The bike is sooo heavy pushing up a steep dirt climb.

Walk assist really needed!!!

I'm in San Diego. Can someone help me get it activated please?!!!
Hey Duke-Did you find a dealer that was able to resolve your walk assist issue?

Hi Bob,

Have not found a dealer to enable the Walk assist function on the bike.
Anyone know of a bike shop or electronics dude near San Diego that can get it working on an Sduro Yamaha all-mtn 2016 model?

Duke

Duke, did you ask Ike at San Diego Fly Rides? I bought my Haibike from them (mine is an Sduro FullSeven AllMtn Plus). I would be interested in what you find out as well.

Hi Bob,

Have not found a dealer to enable the Walk assist function on the bike.
Anyone know of a bike shop or electronics dude near San Diego that can get it working on an Sduro Yamaha all-mtn 2016 model?

Duke

Duke-

Sometimes the Yamaha Sduro can be a little tricky to get walk assist to work. It is possible that it may require both a software and motor upgrade. Perhaps you can call or email more dealers or even Bosch and Haibike directly. The other option is: sell the bike and buy a 2017 model making sure the walk assist feature is enabled before purchase. Good Luck!

Duke, did you ask Ike at San Diego Fly Rides? I bought my Haibike from them (mine is an Sduro FullSeven AllMtn Plus). I would be interested in what you find out as well.

Duke-Here is the latest update from the dealer:

"The Walk-assist feature is available on 2017 models only, it’s not backwards compatible, since it’s a new firmware. You can enable it through the software. Hit the “Walk” first and then the “+” button to activate it. The system needs to be activated, on any modes. However, some brands (like Trek) decided to keep it disabled, nothing can be changed even through the dealer software."

So as of this update, Bosch will not have a backwards compatible solution for systems in North America prior to 2017 that will allow for the "Walk Assist" to be activated.

regards,

Will

Will (bob armani) thank you for the information. Does this also apply to the Haibikes with Yamaha motors?

Will (bob armani) thank you for the information. Does this also apply to the Haibikes with Yamaha motors?

I cannot say for sure, but I think it does apply to Yamaha as well. Will might know being he has closer contact with dealers than I do.

You're welcome! Good Luck!

I just spoke with Motostrano (local dealer I bought my SDURO ALL MTB Plus from) - he told me that he have not seen Haibike SDURO that has this function activated.
He doesn't think 2017 bikes will have it activated either.

Back