Does it exist..??? A fat-tire bike (generally for sandy, or snowy roads) with the power of a serious e-MTB (apt for steep hills, off-roads) ..??

DandyD

Region
Europe
Hi all,

I might be searching for a bike that doesn't exist (yet)...

I am looking for a fat-tire e-bike, because of the comfy ride due to the size and pressure of the tires, with the high capacity strength of an e-MTB..., one which can triumph the steep hills of Barcelona.

The bike should have a serious torque (+85Nm) besides (very) strong general motor power (+1000W).

Do you know of any fat-tire e-bikes with such characteristics?

Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated!

Abrazo, Louis

Report Edit

Hi all,

I might be searching for a bike that doesn't exist (yet)...

I am looking for a fat-tire e-bike, because of the comfy ride due to the size and pressure of the tires, with the high capacity strength of an e-MTB..., one which can triumph the steep hills of Barcelona.

The bike should have a serious torque (+85Nm) besides (very) strong general motor power (+1000W).

Do you know of any fat-tire e-bikes with such characteristics?

Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated!

Abrazo, Louis

Report Edit
They most certainly do exist but as you have noticed from the previous times you have asked no one will reply. Why? Because the answers to your question are unpalatable for most on here - they hate fat bikes and anything with +250w (they tolerate americans with 750w) especially Bafang.

Haibike do a range called full fat 6 but it's less than 1000w and a bit dated now, there's a German company who do a nice fatty whose name escapes me atm, Wattwagons do a great fat hydra or you could DIY like i did. If i was to buy a pre-built bike it'd be the hydra, hands down. They will all have long waiting times. DIY route would be fastest but would require effort however you could have a hydra quality bike in 4-5 weeks depending how fast you build and parts availability.

Fat tires for snow and sand is partially inaccurate. In snow, they are wonderful in fresh powder. But not worth a hoot on ice, frozen slush, frozen bike tire tracks, or any type of precip on top of ice. On sand, they are better, but really soft and dry sand takes a ton of power. In my opinion, oversized tires like 2.4" wide are far superior for serious e-MTB. On our single tracks, you can ride if it's muddy. So less air pressure in a Schwalbe Super Moto-X is the perfect tire for me. The fat eBike I had was horrible on sharp switchbacks and hard climbing. The Haibike is so much more agile. I want to ride like its an assisted mtb, a Haibike Full Seven with a 250 watt Bosch mid drive has yet to be stopped on a hill. If you want to ride like it's a dirt bike, then I can't help.

Hi, wonderful to get some answers, already very helpful to get some directions, much appreciated..!

The aim for me is to use the e-bike as a commuting bike, so NO serious off-roading...

But, as I have steep hills to climb to reach my home, I know by experience that the general fat tire rentals don't make it uphill, and stop somewhere half-way..., and this doesn't work naturally... :).

I like the comfy feeling of a soft pressure fat-tire, but need the power to go up hill... that's the issue I hope to solve with your help...

Also, do the bikes you mention need (serious) peddling as assistance to the engine, as I would prefer to have a bike with an engine strong enough to make it on its own, and where the peddling is merely for fun instead of a daily serious exercise... ;-) ?

Thanks again!

Ps. I am 1.86cm, and weigh about 95kg, also not irrelevant to take into account... :)

Oh, it exists alright......
Rize RX Pro pretty much fills the order with 160nm and 1500w.

If using for commuting and not off road look at same motor and controler strength as Hydra but in a road bike with fat tires. (Can be had with belt drive and no messy chain to deal with.)

Watt Wagons Ultimate Commuter Pro.

cyrusher.com check the XF800 and XF900 they have a warehouse in the UK and Portugal I believe. I love my XF800, have over 7,000 miles on it.

bikonit.com check the HD750, dual battery (30ah) good for about 40-50 miles of hard use, 80plus of easy use, same motor and programming as the Cyrusher XF800, but IMO a lot stronger for more abuse, also a bit heavier.

I own both of these fat tire bikes, I commute on roads with on the XF800, I added a taller chainring and road tires for commuting so while designed for off road play mine is not setup that way.
I play on the HD750 it is full off road and dirt trails. Lots of fun for both and no need to carry a spare battery on it when I am abusing it on climbs and in mud.

Hi, I already have some homework to do I see, many thanks...!

Please take notice that as this bike will replace my car, I am willing to spend good / serious money on the bike, so please bring on the higher-end models that you know of... Much appreciated..!

One other desire/need the Watt Wagons bike could fulfill for you is power. 160Nm available, up to 2300w, and with a Kindernay internally geared hub and carbon fiber belt, the ability to handle that much power through the drive components.

PLUS....those goodies come at a price. :)

My Biktrix Ultra would work for anything but high speed downhill. I have it set up for urban assault with street tires. 61 lbs with a 48 volt 21 aH battery.

Attachments​

• _DSC1779.jpeg
    _DSC1779.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 0

Hi, I already have some homework to do I see, many thanks...!

Please take notice that as this bike will replace my car, I am willing to spend good / serious money on the bike, so please bring on the higher-end models that you know of... Much appreciated..!
pretty much done the same with mine, bike = 7,000 miles in 9 months, car = 2,100 I can't give up a car 100% job and family responsibilities, but now I only drive as needed, not to go everywhere.

They most certainly do exist but as you have noticed from the previous times you have asked no one will reply. Why? Because the answers to your question are unpalatable for most on here - they hate fat bikes and anything with +250w (they tolerate americans with 750w) especially Bafang.

Haibike do a range called full fat 6 but it's less than 1000w and a bit dated now, there's a German company who do a nice fatty whose name escapes me atm, Wattwagons do a great fat hydra or you could DIY like i did. If i was to buy a pre-built bike it'd be the hydra, hands down. They will all have long waiting times. DIY route would be fastest but would require effort however you could have a hydra quality bike in 4-5 weeks depending how fast you build and parts availability.
I'm running a RisunMotor here - it's for cruising and is more art than serious bike, Bafang do an excellent mid drive (BBSHD) with the 170 or 190mm crank width of a Fat bike, if you want a nice fat bike, then the USA is probably the best way to look, but mine here is just a cheap one sanded and laquered

Attachments

• byka.jpg
    byka.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 269
My Biktrix Ultra would work for anything but high speed downhill. I have it set up for urban assault with street tires. 61 lbs with a 48 volt 21 aH battery.

Attachments​

• _DSC1779.jpeg
    _DSC1779.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 0
sweet ride...

Hi, many thanks again for your input..., so far we have:

* Haibike Full Fat six 7
* Wattwagons fat Hydra
* Rize RX Pro
* Watt Wagons Ultimate Cross Tour
* cyrusher.com, the XF800 and XF900
* bikonit.com, the HD750
* Biktrix Ultra
* RisunMotor

Any other high-end, fat-tire, high-power e-bikes suggestions which can substitute a car for commuting..?

Please note: I live in Barcelona, Spain (Europe) so preferably the manufacturer should have international shipping options available.. ;-)

Abrazo,

Back