Do you wear a mask when you ride?

Though stupidity is a preexisting condition, insurance companies should start denying coverage for Covid treatment to those who are deliberately not getting vaccinated.
Really? Even people who have had documented adverse reactions to vaccines, documented violent and unusual reactions to common medications, people who have a history of getting blood clots, and people with autoimmune disorders, who were specifically excluded from the clinical trials?

Yeah-- I am in all four categories. My treatment team has said they think it's okay for me to be vaccinated, but they freely admit that's only a guess, and they totally understand why I wouldn't want to.

So does my employer, and so do my clients.

I've also been invited several times to take the vaccine and join a clinical trial so that we can find out what does happen. This does not inspire confidence-- though yeah, if (probably when) I do try a vaccine, of course I will join a clinical trial so others can learn from my experience. I already participated in one clinical trial at the start of the epidemic, released a s*it-pile of my medical history, in the hope of helping others.

I'd love to take a COVID vaccine, believe me. But this is the story of my life: "Oh, it's safe, it's harmless, we can't admit you to the ER with those symptoms, this can't possibly be and adverse drug reaction because you don't have a rash, we don't see those symptoms with connective tissue disorders, if you really had a blood clot, your leg would be swollen, you're obviously a heroin addict, aren't you ashamed of yourself for faking your symptoms?"

Every time, they were wrong. Twice at least, I would have died if I'd just done what I was told. So that's the other problem: When I do have adverse drug reaction, it's NEVER diagnosed correctly at first. In the unlikely event that I had a bad reaction to the vaccine, I'd probably have to put up a hell of a fight to get proper treatment.

Yeah, I wore a mask throughout the pandemic when I was riding, and I still do if the trail is crowded. The only time that it ever interfered with my breathing was on a section of trail so steep that I had to get off and push the bike. It was deserted there, and pointless to wear a mask-- I'd literally forgotten I had it on.

Really? Even people who have had documented adverse reactions to vaccines, documented violent and unusual reactions to common medications, people who have a history of getting blood clots, and people with autoimmune disorders, who were specifically excluded from the clinical trials?

Yeah-- I am in all four categories. My treatment team has said they think it's okay for me to be vaccinated, but they freely admit that's only a guess, and they totally understand why I wouldn't want to.

I've also been invited several times to take the vaccine and join a clinical trial so that we can find out what does happen. This does not inspire confidence-- though yeah, if (probably when) I do try a vaccine, of course I will join a clinical trial so others can learn from my experience. I already participated in one clinical trial at the start of the epidemic, released a s*it-pile of my medical history, in the hope of helping others.

I'd love to take a COVID vaccine, believe me. But this is the story of my life: "Oh, it's safe, it's harmless, we can't admit you to the ER with those symptoms, this can't possibly be and adverse drug reaction because you don't have a rash, we don't see those symptoms with connective tissue disorders, if you really had a blood clot, your leg would be swollen, you're obviously a heroin addict, aren't you ashamed of yourself for faking your symptoms?"

Every time, they were wrong. Twice at least, I would have died if I'd just done what I was told. So that's the other problem: When I do have adverse drug reaction, it's NEVER diagnosed correctly at first. In the unlikely event that I had a bad reaction to the vaccine, I'd probably have to put up a hell of a fight to get proper treatment.

Yeah, I wore a mask throughout the pandemic when I was riding, and I still do if the trail is crowded. The only time that it ever interfered with my breathing was on a section of trail so steep that I had to get off and push the bike. It was deserted there, and pointless to wear a mask-- I'd literally forgotten I had it on.
Sorry for your problems.
You are not deliberately refusing to take the vaccine and have legitimate medical reasons.
And you know that my comment was directed towards those who do not have any reasons other then their self righteous ignorance.
So please take a chill pill. ( hopefully without side effects :- )

Last edited:

I truly sympathize with your situation. Sadly, there are many folks out there with similar conditions. Children under 12 who also can't yet be vaccinated are at risk as well. It is to protect people like these that the rest of us without these issues get vaccinated!

I truly sympathize with your situation. Sadly, there are many folks out there with similar conditions. Children under 12 who also can't yet be vaccinated are at risk as well. It is to protect people like these that the rest of us without these issues get vaccinated!
Exactly... Too much me and not enough us from those that can.
United States of America.

Sorry for your problems.
You are not deliberately refusing to take the vaccine and have legitimate medical reasons.
And you know that my comment was directed towards those who do not have any reasons other then their self righteous ignorance.
So please take a chill pill. ( hopefully without side effects :- )
Ah, thanks for your support, I did not know, actually, who your comment was directed towards.

Tone is hard to read in online media, and perhaps I misread yours and you misread mine.

I'm not actually that worked up about this-- at least not at you or your post. It's irritating to have a rare illness, and hard to navigate healthcare, I guess I am a little worked up about that, so that may be what you were picking up on!

Ah, thanks for your support, I did not know, actually, who your comment was directed towards.

Tone is hard to read in online media, and perhaps I misread yours and you misread mine.

I'm not actually that worked up about this-- at least not at you or your post. It's irritating to have a rare illness, and hard to navigate healthcare, I guess I am a little worked up about that, so that may be what you were picking up on!
No worries... and please take care of yourself.
Those of us that can get vaccinated and are eager to do so, have and will. Hopefully it's enough to protect you as well.

Though stupidity is a preexisting condition, insurance companies should start denying coverage for Covid treatment to those who are deliberately not getting vaccinated.
There have been over 3,750 deaths from the various Covid-19 vaccines (see Tucker Carlson's 22 minute report).

The FDA has NOT approved these vaccines--the drug companies have only been granted an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization).

How can you suggest punishing anyone refusing to get an experimental jab? Even the FDA website says these shots are not mandatory and you have the right to refuse them.

When the SARS outbreak occurred a few years back, the FDA halted vaccines after only 25 deaths.

People like yourself who wish to control others are not respectful of their rights and freedoms.

There have been over 3,750 deaths from the various Covid-19 vaccines (see Tucker Carlson's 22 minute report).

The FDA has NOT approved these vaccines--the drug companies have only been granted an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization).

How can you suggest punishing anyone refusing to get an experimental jab? Even the FDA website says these shots are not mandatory and you have the right to refuse them.

When the SARS outbreak occurred a few years back, the FDA halted vaccines after only 25 deaths.

People like yourself who wish to control others are not respectful of their rights and freedoms.
I’m fine with all republicans refusing the vaccine. BTW, plenty of TC’s fans have absolutely no respect for others‘ rights and freedoms. Just for their own.

I’m fine with all republicans refusing the vaccine. BTW, plenty of TC’s fans have absolutely no respect for others‘ rights and freedoms. Just for their own.
What does Republicans have to do with this? Or Democrats either?

The statistics cited in his report are from the VARES website - which is part of the FDA.

Are you that politically focused?

It's obvious you may be suffering from a preexisting condition.
Do some of your own research and the explanation of the TC report and its source is... Well what it is.... and what it usually is.

The statistics cited in his report are from the VARES website - which is part of the FDA.

😂oh...TC isn’t political. I forgot.😂

😂oh...TC isn’t political. I forgot.😂
Facts are facts, regardless of the source. Guess you forgot that too. I told you these facts are from the FDA's VARES website. Are you going to argue that point also? Do you not believe their data?

Looks like the typical "attack the source if you can't argue the facts".

Your turn.

It's obvious you may be suffering from a preexisting condition.
Do some of your own research and the explanation of the TC report and its source is... Well what it is.... and what it usually is.
Instead of beating around the bushes, why don't you tell all of us what the source "usually is"? Are you saying that the VARES data is flawed? Did you watch the report?

Of course you didn't.

I hesitate to give credence to anything Carlson might say, but it is a matter of personal choice,
like it or not. C-19 is SARS, just a nastier variant. I´m 72, but I´m not afraid. I wear a mask in
public to be polite, but personally I could care less. Nature is just trying to cull the herd & reduce
that which is too much & augment that which is too little. All our puny efforts have but prolonged
the issue. More people have still died of cancer in the same time frame, at least in the U.S.
If it gets me, that´s still better than lingering for years a bed-ridden invalid in some damn home.

This is not a legitimate conclusion. It was take out of context, to feed the audience. FOX new is probably the LEAST reliable new source, although they claim to be only reliable one.

The report is a WIDE NET of unconfirmed reports, non causal reports. It is supposed to be an early warning system, so it casts the widest possible net of reports. Look at the actual report to understand it and not listen to a known propagandist. For instance you can get a shot, and die in a bike accident and make the list. You can get the shot, and die from stage 4 cancer years in the making and make the list.

Let us pretend for a moment that TC isn't a fear mongering whore who will say anything for ratings and a paycheck.
Let's assume he is 100% correct and then we can do some math
With 30% of the population vaccinated we have 3750 deaths. So then with 100% vaccinated we would have 12,750 deaths
Now in less than 1 year we've had 500,000+ deaths from covid with no vaccine. And with no vaccine this number will just keep growing every day.
So now... With your own reasoning, can you tell me which number gives you a greater concern. 500,000+and growing or 12,750.
Then when you factor in that the 12,750 number is not at all actual... Now what are you thinking.
If you are still unsure... Try another "news" source and see what is happening in India and Brazil where they thought political and religious rallies were more important than the vaccine or covid precautions.

This is not a legitimate conclusion. It was take out of context, to feed the audience. FOX new is probably the LEAST reliable new source, although they claim to be only reliable one.

The report is a WIDE NET of unconfirmed reports, non causal reports. It is supposed to be an early warning system, so it casts the widest possible net of reports. Look at the actual report to understand it and not listen to a known propagandist. For instance you can get a shot, and die in a bike accident and make the list. You can get the shot, and die from stage 4 cancer years in the making and make the list.
There is no "conclusion" in the VARES data--it's simply facts. Perhaps you are drawing your own conclusion from the data. Fine.

The entire point of my original reply to those pushing vaccines on others is that the deaths from the vaccine statistically is way high for some of us to queue up to get the shot.

But go ahead, get the experimental jab. I will not. Maybe being a cancer survivor colors my thought process on this.

Let us pretend for a moment that TC isn't a fear mongering whore who will say anything for ratings and a paycheck.
With 30% of the population vaccinated we have 3750 deaths. So then with 100% vaccinated we would have 12,750 deaths
Now in less than 1 year we've had 500,000+ deaths from covid with no vaccine. And with no vaccine this number will just keep growing every day.
So now... With your own reasoning, can you tell me which number gives you a greater concern. 500,000+and growing or 12,750.
Then when you factor in that the 12,750 number is not at all actual... Now what are you thinking.
If you are still unsure... Try another "news" source and see what is happening in India and Brazil where they thought political and religious rallies were more important than the vaccine or covid precautions.
And the survival rate in the U.S. to Covid-19 is >96%. I like my odds and don't wear a mask either. I have a good immune system and take preventative Vitamin C, D, Zinc, and periodic Quercetin routines. And I believe I actually got Covid in December of 2019 so probably have antibodies (I wasn't tested, but had symptoms that included acute breathing pressure in my chest--something I've never experienced before).

Did you know that people have gotten the vaccine still get Covid in many instances?

Also I don't agree with your numbers. The CDC admitted most of those death figures were not primarily due to covid, but from other conditions that combined with covid contributed to their deaths.

Here's a link from MSN:

...and the from CDC report itself, which is linked in the article above:

"Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

6% of 500,000 is 30,000. Pretty close to a normal flu season death toll.

Back