Discounted pricing for Turbo Levo?

NCMike

Region
USA
I’m considering a 2022 Turbo Levo Expert, but just can’t swallow the idea of paying full price for a 2022 when the 2023‘s could be out any time (Spec and others). I know of several dealers that have been sitting on S2 sizes that haven’t moved, and I was considering throwing out a price if 10k cash out the door ($1000 off list and minus the tax). I would appreciate anyone’s feedback if they think this would be a reasonable offer, or just insulting and tick off a dealer? I‘m clueless on the bike store margins, or when they might want to move bikes for new inventory, so if anyone has input on when might be the best timing of such an offer would also be appreciated.
Thank you for sharing any insights.

The situation at the Canadian LBS where I purchased my Levo CC earlier this year was quite different than other shops I've dealt with in the past. They had several sizes S2-S6 allotted in both carbon/alloy available at the time but I suspected that the carbon models wouldn't be around for very long due to the increased demand for these specific bikes. There was only one dealer in my province that had a CC in stock in my size. I asked about wiggle room on a S2 (very hard to come by) and was told that there was none but was offered a discount on parts/accessories. On a previous out of province e-bike purchase I received a 5% discount and the dealer shipped the bike to me at their cost. A most recent analog bike bought from a different dealer here in Alberta, I asked for 15% and was provided a counter of 10% + 10% discount on parts/accessories.

As expected, most of the 2022 Levos CC/Exp here have been sold out for weeks now and the remaining units are primarily S4-S6 in alloy or the SL models. If the price on the Expert is too much to swallow, have you considered either the CC or perhaps one of the alloy models OR do you you have your heart set on the Expert?

I don't think you have anything to lose by pitching your offer, which I happen to think is fair. If current stock in your size is available and abundant, I might feel inclined to wait until dealers are more anxious to move out idle inventory, IF that is the case. For me it was a coin toss that more or less worked in my favor even though I wasn't able to whittle down the price. The Levo CC is a blast to ride and I now have the bike that virtually meets all of my needs. Here's footage of some recent summer single track action with the Levo out in Kimberly, BC.

Prairie Dog, thank you for your insight. I have considered the cheaper models, but keep coming back to the expert. One area I ride is rocky and rooted, the other has flow trails and jumps bigger than I’m currently willing to try. I spoke with Fox about my riding, the suspension options on the Levo’s, and possibly moding the Rhythm fork, and I was told I’d be better off going to the performance 38 and X2 rear on the expert. He didn’t think moding the Rhythm and Float X would get me to the ride available with the performance 38 and X2. I’ve thought about just swapping out one of the comp suspensions to a 38 and X2, but like on the CC, it would put me close to the expert in cost without having the other upgraded components. My analog bikes have been Experts or Pros, and with there XO1 and XT components have been nearly trouble free, so it’s hard to try anything else. And as superficial as it is, the Expert in clear coated black looks very similar to my current Camber Pro with nearly the same components. 😍
I’ve only ridden a Levo around a parking lot, so I'm a little paranoid about spending that kind of money without more first hand experience. To help with my decision (and willingness to open my wallet), I‘ve found a 2020 Turbo Levo I can rent in the next week or so and try it on the trails I ride most. After that, I hope to have a better idea on how I want to play it. A good deal on a carbon or alloy comp would also make the cost of upgrading worth considering. Which ever way I go, I appreciate your help with the knowledge on how much wiggle room there may be on a price.
PS. Love the video, thanks for adding!

I rode a buddy’s Gen 2 Levo to get a sense of how the newer model might ride on the trails. I must say that it was much lighter and nimbler than my Trance X E Pro 29. Only minor tweaks to my CC were carbon bars, grips, metal motor bash guard and Ridewrap and also went with a tubeless setup. I’ll likely swap over to studded tires once the winter season here starts. Whatever version that you end up with I’m sure that you won’t be disappointed. The Gen 3 Levo is a terrific all round trail bike regardless of whether you’re shredding or climbing.

Usually the Specialized dealer in my area has end of the year sale to unload the last year models of bikes & merchandise for incoming new ones you can even lookup on their website good luck, I never find anything in my size 🙄

Usually the Specialized dealer in my area has end of the year sale to unload the last year models of bikes & merchandise for incoming new ones you can even lookup on their website good luck, I never find anything in my size 🙄
Fortunately I found an S2 Expert a few months ago for a price I was happy to pay. Amazing bike!!! I Haven’t wanted to ride my analog bike since getting the Turbo Levo.

Fortunately I found an S2 Expert a few months ago for a price I was happy to pay. Amazing bike!!! I Haven’t wanted to ride my analog bike since getting the Turbo Levo.
Awesome! Post pics of your ride when you get around to it. I’ve been out riding my CC recently in some pretty stellar conditions.

IMG_20221114_1127410.jpg

Back