Dewey eyed optomist

Lapeyrouse

I want to make an etrike for a friend with no sense of balance and bought an ebike to canabaise and use the rear wheel as the front wheel of the bike.

It seemed perfect as it uses a twist grip and dropping the wheel into the front forks of a Pashley trike would make the perfect vehicle for my frind (a 75 year old lady).

Sadly I found that the MOSFETS on the controller board were all dead and unrecognisible and I don't even have a make for the bike.

I have attached a picture of a similar bike (36V battery seems OK) and wonderd if anyone might recognise it or even have info on repairing the controller.

Sorry to make a cry for help as my firdt post but time is unning out for this project.

Many thanks,

Keith

ebike.jpg

@Lapeyrouse, is the battery for your trike SLA or Lithium. Could you upload a picture of the controller with any markings from the case so we can see the connectors. I think you could find some decent generic controllers that would work at Electricscooterparts.com or on Ebay. You might have to change a couple of the connector ends but the project sounds doable!

Back