Day6 delivered!

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
Last edited:
Looks kinda recliner like.

Years ago I’d put a 3.5 hp b&s engine in the basket with a centrifugal clutch, drop a chain to the sprocket and say giddy up!

The handlebar style and rake reminds me of my favorite Schwyn (sp) bike.

I will say that it appears to me that seat position to pedal orientation doesn't look optimal for inputing human power. If I'm right on that I would error toward a motor that has more/plenty of power.

No bike yet but I pulled the trigger. Grin RTR kit. 36V-52V controller, CA3, 9 Continent direct drive front, EM3ev battery, Jenny Mao backup. Will run region braking and added the rest of the needed bits for the build. Excited like it's my first!
SKU: KIT-FH212_RTR1 USD$570.90
Motor Winding Option
1 x FH212_Std
Include a Wheel Build?
1 x WheelBuild
Select Spokes for Custom Wheel Build
36 x Sapim Strong 13-14g Butted Spoke, Silver
Select Rim for Custom Wheel Build
1 x Rim24J31
Include Disk Rotor?
1 x Magura 6-Bolt Rotor 160
Controller
1 x C4825-L10
V3 Cycle Analyst
1 x CA3-WPx
CA Mounting Bracket Style
1 x CA_SteerBracket
Include Auxiliary Input and Power Switch
1 x CA3_MFSwitch
Front Motor Extension
1 x L10_Ext-shrt
Throttle Choice
1 x T-CLever_50cm
Pedal Sensor Type
1 x PAS_24P

Pedal forward like that will require more core strength and you'll get less power from your legs.
I wonder about that. The seat back lets you push forward (rather than down), which should let you extend your legs for maximum power delivery. Recumbents are similar, but more so. I'd like to see someone test this out to see where the truth lies.

Pedal forward like that will require more core strength and you'll get less power from your legs.
I’ve ridden them. I’m a clown pedal guy due to being disabled. Clown pedaling is actually beneficial and keeps my range of motion as good as it gets. All or most of my bikes have been flat foot and nearly as crank forward. I fall so this is my way of not cage driving and staying on a bike.

I wonder about that. The seat back lets you push forward (rather than down), which should let you extend your legs for maximum power delivery. Recumbents are similar, but more so. I'd like to see someone test this out to see where the truth lies.
Keep watching. I’m ordering a torque sensor bottom bracket. Maybe on good days I can build up strength. But pain is my nemesis and drugs aren’t an option. Aging hippy, been high enough and prefer full capacity with pain over being whacked. I flushed all pain meds years ago. Pain not gone or lessened, just different strategies. Therapy twice a week and a new ride keeping me out and about. We each ride what suits us best. I finally grew out of criticism of others choice... well almost true...

Would love to see pictures and your thoughts about performance posted somewhere. (Performance as in does it give you everything you want.)
Hello Merle,
I have not ridden it much yet since I was accidently sent the wrong controller in a mix up, I was sent a controller for a Bafang instead of the TSDZ2, though that is being corrected as we speak, so between that and having just installed the motor, please excuse the messy wiring spaghetti because I have not cleaned it up yet. I did ride it with the wrong controller before realizing I had the wrong one (same controller, different firmware), which only gave me power in one assist which seemed to be a pretty high assist level, but based off that one ride I can say it was exactly what I was looking for in a very very affordable package from a reliable US retailer(rather than ordering directly from overseas).

As far as that one ride went I would say it performs exactly like I was hoping it did, which is how my Specialized e-bikes perform with the torque sensing motor rather than say a cadence sensing motor like your typical bafang does. I would say that if you put someone who doesn't ride e-bikes on my specialized one day and then put them on the trike the next day that they would not be able to tell they are two different motors. So for a $500 motor and extremely large capacity $600 battery, I am very pleased. Overall I have $1400 into the kit and thats including upgraded internal gear, suspension/brand specific trike battery mount, some accessories etc. Not bad when getting a brand new trike kitted out with a (admittingly higher quality motor and battery(though 1/3rd less capacity)) from factory would add at minimum $4000 to it. At these prices I can replace batteries and motors till the cows come home lol(though mostly issues I have seen on the motors are usually fixed by changing out the bad parts, not requiring a full replacement). Plus as an added bonus I was able to install the throttle for emergency situations if needed which is just a nice piece of mind.

If you are looking for an affordable torque sensing motor rather than a cadence one I would not hesitate to order one, as well as this was my first time installing my own motor/battery and it really was basically plug and play, probably one of the easier things I've done on a bike to be honest LOL Adjusting brakes and shifters give me headaches!!

Attachments

• Photo Jan 17, 10 11 26 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 17, 10 11 26 PM.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Photo Jan 17, 10 12 20 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 17, 10 12 20 PM.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 213
have not ridden it much yet since I was accidently sent the wrong controller in a mix up, I was sent a controller for a Bafang instead of the TSDZ2
So a controller went south and the wrong replacement was a BBSxx? Curious, not a criticism!

Hello Merle,
I have not ridden it much yet since I was accidently sent the wrong controller in a mix up, I was sent a controller for a Bafang instead of the TSDZ2, though that is being corrected as we speak, so between that and having just installed the motor, please excuse the messy wiring spaghetti because I have not cleaned it up yet. I did ride it with the wrong controller before realizing I had the wrong one (same controller, different firmware), which only gave me power in one assist which seemed to be a pretty high assist level, but based off that one ride I can say it was exactly what I was looking for in a very very affordable package from a reliable US retailer(rather than ordering directly from overseas).

As far as that one ride went I would say it performs exactly like I was hoping it did, which is how my Specialized e-bikes perform with the torque sensing motor rather than say a cadence sensing motor like your typical bafang does. I would say that if you put someone who doesn't ride e-bikes on my specialized one day and then put them on the trike the next day that they would not be able to tell they are two different motors. So for a $500 motor and extremely large capacity $600 battery, I am very pleased. Overall I have $1400 into the kit and thats including upgraded internal gear, suspension/brand specific trike battery mount, some accessories etc. Not bad when getting a brand new trike kitted out with a (admittingly higher quality motor and battery(though 1/3rd less capacity)) from factory would add at minimum $4000 to it. At these prices I can replace batteries and motors till the cows come home lol(though mostly issues I have seen on the motors are usually fixed by changing out the bad parts, not requiring a full replacement). Plus as an added bonus I was able to install the throttle for emergency situations if needed which is just a nice piece of mind.

If you are looking for an affordable torque sensing motor rather than a cadence one I would not hesitate to order one, as well as this was my first time installing my own motor/battery and it really was basically plug and play, probably one of the easier things I've done on a bike to be honest LOL Adjusting brakes and shifters give me headaches!!
Wow, very nice. Thanks for putting it up. The smooth pedal assist sounds great.

So a controller went south and the wrong replacement was a BBSxx? Curious, not a criticism!
Ah sorry let me clarify, the controller did not go south, what I believe to understand is that a Bafang and my TSDZ2 order went out at the same time and while having different firmware, they are physically on the same controller(the one I ordered anyways is powered by a bafang controller that is setup with a custom OS firmware to work on the TSDZ2) so powered off you wouldn't be able to tell and they just simply got put in the wrong boxes upon packaging. One of those if this is the worst thing that happened to me today im having a great day type of deals :) But they were very quick to ship me out the right controller which I should receive in the next day or two along with a return label for this one. I could ride it on this controller if I wanted to but I have other bikes to play with while waiting for the one with the right firmware.

Ah sorry let me clarify, the controller did not go south, what I believe to understand is that a Bafang and my TSDZ2 order went out at the same time and while having different firmware, they are physically on the same controller(the one I ordered anyways is powered by a bafang controller that is setup with a custom OS firmware to work on the TSDZ2) so powered off you wouldn't be able to tell and they just simply got put in the wrong boxes upon packaging. One of those if this is the worst thing that happened to me today im having a great day type of deals :) But they were very quick to ship me out the right controller which I should receive in the next day or two along with a return label for this one. I could ride it on this controller if I wanted to but I have other bikes to play with while waiting for the one with the right firmware.
Thank you.
Im even more confused. Bafang and TSDZ2 are completely different controllers. Could you share where yo have found they are the same controller? Was it a Bafang ultra controller? I’m sorry, I’m confused. It’s important to me that I keep learning, apparently I’m missing something

THANKS!

Is that a solid rear axle, or does the chain only drive one wheel? If both wheels driven, is there any trickiness going around a sharper turn?

Thank you.
Im even more confused. Bafang and TSDZ2 are completely different controllers. Could you share where yo have found they are the same controller? Was it a Bafang ultra controller? I’m sorry, I’m confused. It’s important to me that I keep learning, apparently I’m missing something

THANKS!
It is the bafang 860c controller Tom. Which can be flashed with different OS's to work with the TSDZ2 motor.

Edit: maybe I worded that wrong and should have said display instead of controller. Doh! Probably would have cleared up the confusion, sorry.

Is that a solid rear axle, or does the chain only drive one wheel? If both wheels driven, is there any trickiness going around a sharper turn?
If you're referring to the trike in the photos above, it looks like a single rear-wheel drive with two steerable front wheels.

Back