Day6 delivered!

@Dewey inspired to stop whining and move on. Waiting to hear from industrialbikes to confirm stock. I’m dissapointed there are no 38” rear wheel widths, I’ll just reduce top speed.

@Dewey inspired to stop whining and move on. Waiting to hear from industrialbikes to confirm stock. I’m dissapointed there are no 38” rear wheel widths, I’ll just reduce top speed.
If they do have it and you decide to get it, I did read one owner complain about the 300mm seatpost that comes with the trike. Depending on your height, if you need a longer seatpost Sun Bike sell a longer 350mm seatpost but it’s hard to find in stock

If they do have it and you decide to get it, I did read one owner complain about the 300mm seatpost that comes with the trike. Depending on your height, if you need a longer seatpost Sun Bike sell a longer 350mm seatpost but it’s hard to find in stock
I decided on the trike linked. It has a longer deat post than Sun. sadly all have on piece cranks. Dumb. But I have some inserts from 70’s Schwinn conversion projects 5 years ago. That dashes the torque sensor, but that was just another experience project just to have hands on experience. Having quit CS calls and emails and Doug selling californiaebike I really don’t feel a pressing need.

I’m thinking my Dr. will allow me to back to physical therapy and I was fitted with wrist and thumb braces at The Mayo that allow me to wrench again, nearly pain free. Whoop Dee F ing do!

I should have a project start date mid to late week. The seller is fairly close, in Michigan to SE Minnesnowta.

It's on!!! Actual photos soon. I'm thrilled with the frame quality. Fenders and basket are quite heavy-duty. UGLY whitewalls, but will be replaced in a week or two. Coming from BikeInn. 30% of the USA and Amazon prices. 24" Conti with Conti threaded steel Schader valves. My preferred. Everything else is nearly in place. Just a few more days of rest and recovery and the build will begin. I can't find a 24" front rack. I had wanted to put a small bottle battery on a front rack and ab EM3ev Polly case on the frame below the headset. I have a dual battery module, 48V LED front and rear lights, horn, LED running lights, 2- Grin torque arms, and more. WOOHOO!!!
1649348884083.png

Re: front rack, I was happy with my Wald 1372, when I fell hard and broke my leg in 2018 the basket was fine. Wald make a wider model the 1392 which measures 15 3/4" x 10 1/2" in the bottom which should fit most batteries, they also offer a hardwood slat bottom on that model, handy if you want to drill bolt holes to attach the battery cradle. Alternatively these chromoly steel racks look heavy duty.

Last edited:
Yeah. P&S no 24”. I have some Wald folding I use on rear racks. I dunno about front baskets. I’m not thrilled by the look. I guess I’ll bottle bob the Batteries.

36-52V, 25A Sinewave Controller with ON/OFF switch, Proportional Regen. New Model with Waterproof L1019 Connector for Motor Plug and WP8 Cycle Analyst Connector. For direct-drive motors only, does not work well with high power geared hubs like the GMAC or eZee.
C4825-L10.png

Nine Continent Front Cassette Motor, FH212 Model with Proper Bike Alignment, Statorade Ready, and L10 Connector. Standard 8.5 RPM/V Winding

FH212_Std.png

CA3-WP and MFSwitch.png

Tires, cheap whitewalls donated to HS bike group. 3 new Continental Ride Tour - 24 Inch
1649409410541.jpeg

Tom, What are you going to do about the PAS setup? I don't know how you could get the 24p to work, but with a little effort I'll bet the split 12p could be fitted.

It's been ages since I worked on a solid crank setup like that ... is the BB shell really a different diameter/threading than the standard BSA 1.37" stuff? (precluding any chance of a torque sensor model BB)

Tom, What are you going to do about the PAS setup? I don't know how you could get the 24p to work, but with a little effort I'll bet the split 12p could be fitted.

It's been ages since I worked on a solid crank setup like that ... is the BB shell really a different diameter/threading than the standard BSA 1.37" stuff? (precluding any chance of a torque sensor model BB)

I have four different PAS devices. But I think with patience and my Dremel I can use the 24. I have two. In for a penny in for a pound. I’m to old to fret over cost. See one piece to 3 piece link below. I’ve done a few old Schwinns.

got a bunch done. As much as my legs and hands would allow. But good progress.

Brooks saddle looks good!
B135.png

Motor rim accidentally matches the OEM rear wheels!
Picture tomorrow
Ski

Thanks for the updates. Perhaps a front hub trike is in my future:cool: You go girl. Subscribed

Last edited:
Yes Tom but the safety bike was invented only in 1885. Do you think the earlier velocipedes had Brooks saddles? 🤣

View attachment 119291
Tom: Did bikes exist in 1866? :)
(A joke!)
I like my B66s, the saddle springs are my only suspension however, I‘d like to one day try Gazelle’s monoshock and compare it to a sprung fork, dream bikes: Gazelle C380 v Tern HSD S+ v Ravi’s Zen Samurai.

Back