Day6 delivered!

Brooks? Or?
Just bike companies in general. I've only been back around bikes (ebikes) for a year and I'll bet I've heard a hundred bike company names that I have never heard of before.

Autos were the big three and some recognizable imports that I was commonly aware of 20 years ago. Then I started paying attention to collectors of rare and old rare cars a bit. I was surprised how many companies there were that tried producing cars and went out of business.

Projects for April. Buddies messy cabinet shop.
Slow progress...
Tires, tubes, and sealant due Wednesday.
I can’t wait to strip off those fugly whitewalls. ARGH.
For some reason the basket won’t be here from Amazon until April 21st. It’s wear the control will be mounted.
I went too order another Grin controller, but they are COMPLETELY SOLD OUT?!?!

4D1C104B-A1D8-4A4F-AD4D-FC287289CADB.jpeg

Attachments

• C2F2C9A0-0ACD-44BE-A379-5CC769186984.jpeg
    C2F2C9A0-0ACD-44BE-A379-5CC769186984.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 141
  • F38AEF7E-51FC-4472-892D-810954D356B2.jpeg
    F38AEF7E-51FC-4472-892D-810954D356B2.jpeg
    470.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Now that you've had a good look at the bike any ideas about the specific setup for the torque arms?
How is the braking setup on the trike?

Now that you've had a good look at the bike any ideas about the specific setup for the torque arms?
How is the braking setup on the trike?
Well the 9-Continent and Grin CA3/controller give me regen braking. It’s very powerful. I’m using two Grin torque arms.

Currently front rim brakes and rear coaster. Someday, maybe late fall a new IGH, wheels and BB7 disc brakes. The speed will be limited by programing to 12-15mph MAX. I’m really disappointed I couldn’t get the Day6. The 8” wider rear wheel base would have meant a faster ride. But 20MPH with only 30” would mean a fool over in a panic turn at much over 12. I’ll be testing it out with my armored riding gear and substantial helmet on the MSF course.

My work time is limited as my hands are severely arthritic. I may cancel the basket and see if I can get one sooner than the 21st. As it’s a key element.

1649682817588.jpeg

I think that with regen from that larger motor (and good tires) that you'll find very little pressure on the existing rim/coaster braking setup.

An IGH and disc brakes will be a big upgrade. I wonder with some experience if you'll need the discs (well maybe if you were a speed demon ... but I'm guessing not, lol). That lack of regular high speed use will also mean those V2 TAs will be fine. Ever consider taking on a young apprentice to overcome the hand issues? The real value is in that experienced brain, not the ability to hold onto a small bolt.

Maybe consider videoing the initial trials, it would be fun to watch with the occasional "Arti Johnson" stability test (slow motion tip over). ;)

I have the BB7 brake set. But yes, I’m thinking I may not need any drive train or brake up grades. The bike has the braze ons for a 3speed IGH/coaster brake but the sellers upgrade was over priced substantially. I do have a nexus 3 coaster. But I’m losing more mobility at a faster pace theses days. Making gearing probably not worth the time. It’ll be my cheap electric car.
I tried giving away my soil amendment business and not a single youngster interested. The local HS bike repair group isnt allowed to work on EBikes, yet! I have a helper but he’s a bull in a china shop.

Well it’s been slow. Golden years health BS and the last upgrade parts are nearly all here. New Serfss tires came today. 3 shipped from bikeinn NL for $60 less than any USA source. New MPPT here and new solar panel here this weekend. I’m not happy with the supplied inner tubes so that’s another two days away. Running lights are ready to mount on the rear basket.

Front basket didn’t work for me but I found an alternative.

I’m glad I decided on 2.125 tires over the 1.75. I think it looks better.

E723CC9F-3688-4820-8D3D-04C4FCA52C9E.jpeg

The steering dynamics absolutely stink, suck, are crap, a tank is more nimble. So what to do? Pester day 6;until they come up with a bike, and it sort of got here today. FedEx shipped on box to me in MN and the other to Kansas City and then back north of me to St Paul, MN. But having waited sinc3 January what’s another day or two?

the one box that arrived had the basket, lounge chair, and 8” wider than typical rear axle. Avery steel part is, I haven’t measured yet, 20-30% stouter. I’ll put the caliper to it tomorrow. Sadly my solar panel basket lid is now to large but we’ll deal with it.

I’ll try the 9-C, CA3, Grinfineon, and Aijiu battery first but i do have a new BBS01B in my stash closet.

This photo has correct color, but I opted for the 8” wider axle. I asked about an electric adjustable seat…

1661598939743.jpeg

Last edited:
Day6 has landed. Going to have ti get used to the flashy red. In 60 years of bikes this is the first red, and boy is it RED!

A bit more of a project than i wanted a second time. But i should be up in a couple if weeks. Help is coming to wrench. Arthur Ritis is visiting and won’t leave. My hands can not hold a wrench anymore. Golden years and all…

Back