Day6 delivered!

If you're referring to the trike in the photos above, it looks like a single rear-wheel drive with two steerable front wheels.
You can get a true differential trike axle from an outfit in South A, don't remember which country.

You can get a true differential trike axle from an outfit in South A, don't remember which country.
The only reason for a differential axle on a trike is if two driving wheels are in the rear with the steering via the front wheel. But if the driving wheel (singular) is in the rear, with steering wheels in the front, no differential is needed. All the trikes I've seen like that are recumbents.

Motor, controller, EM3ev battery, needed pieces and parts arrived . Now ready for the trike.
E35CEF45-701B-44B6-BDEB-CE73051D89EE.jpeg
B8820279-4F94-45FC-A19D-4F3AD09A5725.jpeg

Interested, Tom?
1642842380877.png

I see no reason for a delta trike to have a universal. Regardless I'm mounting a front motor.

Is there any way to adapt a mid drive? A little cutting and welding? Or a rear hub instead? Is there any efficiencies to either?

Just saw this. To terrifying for me to ride on city streets. I felt constantly invisible in cage traffic. Upright and crank forward moves me! Townies, Smoothies, and their clones. I'm eye to eye with typical cage drivers.
Yes. That's why recumbent bike riders use a flag on a tall pole, just to be visible. Not my kettle of fish if you ask me.

Added an order for Statoraide and Cooling fins.
PreviewPreview1:37

No JOY or shipping updates and the weather is incredibly warm for March in Minnesnowta.
A trip to clinic for 3 liters of NaCl infusions has me a little off my feet. Not comfy on two wheels this week.
1647514510490.png

1647514445725.png

Last edited:
Yes. That's why recumbent bike riders use a flag on a tall pole, just to be visible. Not my kettle of fish if you ask me.
My experience riding convinced me that those flags were largely useless. I even tried a modulating headlight but the line of sight in traffic to me is essential. I like to look cagers in the eye, at eye level. Lots of cues to be had IMO.

I thought a Bosch based eBike would be in the cards while I could still balance two wheels, but life sometimes (always?) moves quicker. I’ve two the new batteries now, only EM3EV languishing in some port.

Given the lower profile I expect more stability than a typical delta trike.

Next, it’s which motor. Have MAC 10T 26” wheel rebuilt? Greenbikekit front GD? BBS01B 500W? All new.
Or,
Used MXUS FDD from my Trek Pure?

SEE POST BELOW FOR MOTOR DETAILS.

Nice butt!
No photo description available.

View attachment 111493

Specs:

• Tires:Kenda K
  • Brakes:Disc front and rear
  • Rim: Alloy Double Wall
  • Frame: 6061 Aluminum
  • Shifter: Sunrace Friction Shifter
  • Speeds: 8 speed
  • Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
  • Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
  • Headset: Sealed Bearings
  • Chain ring: 38
  • Rear cog: 11-32
  • Chain: KMC rust buster
  • Stem: UNO, alloy, fixed, 90mm
Features:

• Wheelbase:  Large: 57” Small: 51”
  • Overall Length: Large: 82” Small: 77”
  • Basket: 21×15 at top/17.5×11.5 at bottom
  • Weight: 30” – 57 pounds, 38″ – 60 pounds
  • Weight Capacity:  350 Pounds
  • Handlebar Height: 47”
  • Rear Basket
  • Heavy Duty Fenders
  • Seat Height at lowest position: Large: 30.5″ Small: 28”
  • Step Over Height: Large: 17.75” Small: 16.5″
Frame Size:

• Small: Fits People from Approximately 5’2 to 5’10(up to 30″ inseam)
  • Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’8 to 6’4(29″ inseam – 34″ inseam)
  • All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
  • It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
  • There should never be more than 5″ of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube.  See example here.

The following are all proprietary Day 6 designs and standard on all Day 6 Bicycles:

• 16″ Contour Seat with dual density memory foam
  • Ergo S’port Backrest
  • Aluminum EZ Reach Handlebars
  • 6061 Aluminum U-First Frame
So how long until the weather breaks up there ? AND you can ride it, Tom?

The only reason for a differential axle on a trike is if two driving wheels are in the rear with the steering via the front wheel. But if the driving wheel (singular) is in the rear, with steering wheels in the front, no differential is needed. All the trikes I've seen like that are recumbents.
They use those drivetrains in tandems too, IIRC. Neighbor Charlie said he has one I think. character though. And this character trike doesn't need physics or even a motor.

Attachments

• 1605546669937.png
    1605546669937.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:
So how long until the weather breaks up there ? AND you can ride it, Tom?
I’ve been riding for two weeks. UNTIL I got Stuck getting 3 liters of IV fluids for the last 2 days and again Friday. Kinda unsteady. With the trike I’d be riding everyday. A little unsteady yet for two wheels. 68F yesterday, high 40’s today. Mississippi River is open. At least 46F for highs for the next week. All snow has melted off. If it goes beyond April 15th for the Day6 I’ll likely grab a cheap trike to ride and kit until the Day6 arrives. I’m ALWAYS happiest on a bike. i live in a small river town, 25,000, and never drive. Bikes are my freedom and mobility.

Trike is on a boat. April 15 is the due date. I’m very anxious.

One of those loves that really means 😥. Dangers somewhere or other along a long sea voyage these days. And Spring !

Last edited:
Back