Chris Nolte

Zach Krapfl discusses the custom eBikes program with Bosch & Saris. Zach has been involved with Bosch since the early days and he’s a master bike engineer. I hope you enjoy his presentation on custom ebikes.

Fascinating. It opens up new possibilities. I didn't know that some of these custom makers (Lynskey, Firefly...) were having anything to do with electrification.

Nice. Any estimates on when it will hit the market? Can batteries be built internal with Ti?

Getting the PowerTube 625 in a stealthy tube will take sometime.
The bike with Gen 4 speed motor, Rohloff E14, Gates and two 500 power packs should be out by the end of January.

Zach (speaker) in the video is a fantastic engineer and someone who really knows the technical details.
Great video, Chris.

Last edited:
Great to hear Ravi! Sounds like a sweet bike coming. The Gen 4 motor is pretty sweet. I’ve know about this program for a bit and I’m excited to be able to share this presentation. I think it’s a great program and I’m excited about the future possibilities.

Ravi, got my attention! Timing and bike design, I know the Bosch is more refined but Bafang is more powerful, not sure which would be better for my taste everything else equal...

Getting the PowerTube 625 in a stealthy tube will take sometime.
The bike with Gen 4 speed motor, Rohloff E14, Gates and two 500 power packs should be out by the end of January.

Zach (speaker) in the video is a fantastic engineer and someone who really knows the technical details.
Great video, Chris.

Uh, super interesting.. how would be managed the two batteries?

Back