Cross Core bolt size needed for front and rear fenders

Pfps823

Planning to install aftermarket fenders on my cross core but can't figure out the bolt sizes needed for front and rear. Yamaha has them pre threaded on frame and I assume it's metric. Tried an M4 but that didn't work. I don't have any others lying around to test out and my local home depot collection is pretty much nil. Does anyone know by chance? Yamaha doesn't publish installation instructions for the fenders they sell - at least I couldn't find. Thanks!

Hey there,

We put Planet Bike fenders on our Core on the floor. I can take some pictures if you'd like. Pretty sure it's typical fender hardware which should be m4. There might be some paint in the bolt holes. I don't recall having to chase the threads out but those bolt holes can take some convincing.

That said, the Yamaha aftermarket fenders (same thing on the Connect) fit better since they're made for the bike. I've used PB fenders quite a bit and they're great, just a little more fuss to fit the Yamaha.

Hey there,

We put Planet Bike fenders on our Core on the floor. I can take some pictures if you'd like. Pretty sure it's typical fender hardware which should be m4. There might be some paint in the bolt holes. I don't recall having to chase the threads out but those bolt holes can take some convincing.

That said, the Yamaha aftermarket fenders (same thing on the Connect) fit better since they're made for the bike. I've used PB fenders quite a bit and they're great, just a little more fuss to fit the Yamaha.
Great thanks. I’ll try cleaning out the hole and trying an M4.

Planning to install aftermarket fenders on my cross core but can't figure out the bolt sizes needed for front and rear. Yamaha has them pre threaded on frame and I assume it's metric. Tried an M4 but that didn't work. I don't have any others lying around to test out and my local home depot collection is pretty much nil. Does anyone know by chance? Yamaha doesn't publish installation instructions for the fenders they sell - at least I couldn't find. Thanks!
Were you able to find out the bolt sizes for your Cross Core? I’m looking to replace my bolts for high quality titanium bolts but can’t seem to find the size of all the bolts on our bike in the manual

I have a cross core and just did my rear rack mounts below the seat. I confirm they are M5. I fought the first plug thinking how hard could it be, I used a drill on the second plug, it has a little dimple on it and I drilled right thru with a 1/8 drill, the cap came off then I put the screw in and it easily pushed the remainder inside. No clean out tap needed, there is no paint on the inside threads.

I have a cross core and just did my rear rack mounts below the seat. I confirm they are M5. I fought the first plug thinking how hard could it be, I used a drill on the second plug, it has a little dimple on it and I drilled right thru with a 1/8 drill, the cap came off then I put the screw in and it easily pushed the remainder inside. No clean out tap needed, there is no paint on the inside threads.

I read that screws with a round dimples (see pic on upper left hand corner of the screw) require JIS (Japanese Industry Standard) tools in order to avoid stripping them. I found some on the rear derailleur. Did you ado find some under the fender plugs?

Attachments

• 5886498E-76A2-4534-BAA3-B381075F8180.jpeg
    5886498E-76A2-4534-BAA3-B381075F8180.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 278
  • 1DBDFB65-D949-45C7-B440-C5ABBB36D7A7.jpeg
    1DBDFB65-D949-45C7-B440-C5ABBB36D7A7.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 264
I read that screws with a round dimples (see pic on upper left hand corner of the screw) require JIS (Japanese Industry Standard) tools in order to avoid stripping them. I found some on the rear derailleur. Did you ado find some under the fender plugs?
Those screws dont look special, look they would accept a st as r or Phillip's. I'm sure I've done it in past

Back