Chili Verde

More of my Chili Verdi
lettuce sandwiches. everything but the kitchen sink. usually I put some fermented pickles on them I loved pickled beets but they have too much sugar for me now. forgot to take the pic after the mustard.
good ham brie fresh mozzarella peppers avocado and mustard with olives on the side.
View attachment 117997
That looks so good! Only made posable with fermentation! Prosciutto is a hog's leg that has been hung in a cave without refrigeration. Probiotic pickles and cheeses too. This is all yummy stuff that is good for your gut biome that comes from microbes. It is living food. Europeans think that it is funny that Americans treat their food like it is dead. Friday I was called to repair a pickle juice factory. They make probiotic drinks and gave me two cases of samples.

I tried carnivorous diet before I started my biking regiment. It didn't work for me as far as dropping the Beck's beer belly. I need to eat more fiber and I am more enthusiastic to ride my bike when I'm feeling full.
I wish I could need normally but carbs make me sick and I lose energy. bu I have gotten 250 miles in a week on no carbs. and over 200 for weeks on end.

More of my Chili Verdi
lettuce sandwiches. everything but the kitchen sink. usually I put some fermented pickles on them I loved pickled beets but they have too much sugar for me now. forgot to take the pic after the mustard.
good ham brie fresh mozzarella peppers avocado and mustard with olives on the side.
View attachment 117997
You had me right up until the mustard part.

what no good mustard on a sandwich? I have nto and any mustard in a long time this was some good stuff. cant eat mayo so need some lube.
No, it just becomes a mustard sandwich to me no matter what else is on it.

I tried something new to me today: bacon strawberry grilled cheese. The flavors hit all the taste buds one after another, surprisingly delicious.
PXL_20220327_193753634~2.jpg

I tried carnivorous diet before I started my biking regiment. It didn't work for me as far as dropping the Beck's beer belly. I need to eat more fiber and I am more enthusiastic to ride my bike when I'm feeling full.
Probiotic stuff for your gut is worth looking into. I had some kimchi today. This factor is probably as important as what you eat. Don't just take my word on it. Your gut is doing the digestion you require by using 100 Trillion microbes. Who those microbes are makes a big difference. The bacon strawberry grilled cheese sounds amazing. I can also imagine it with ripe mango in place of the strawberries. Mustard is all over the place. The stuff like Frenches is turmeric with distilled vinegar and is overly refined. The good stuff IMO can look more like this.
1648433767420.jpeg

The taco is the least of what you have on your plate there. Doesn't look very appealing, actually. But what I don't understand is why you don't weigh 9,000 pounds...

It is what is called a street taco. That one has carnitas. Carne is meat. If you see a wine from the Carneros region of Sonoma it is because there was a slaughterhouse there when it was part of Mexico. https://www.sonomacounty.com/articles/carneros-sonoma-wine-region-and-appellation
Addicts are often skinny. I am just back from my third long solo ride of the day, and that is not including taking people on test rides throughout the day. I think I will need to get out one more time to get a giant protein smoothie. Seriously, if I don't ride I get all twitchy and irritable. When I do, Ahh.., bliss! It also means I need to up my caloric intake throughout the day as my rides get longer and more frequent. It is so funny, I have not sat on a couch in almost three years. I don't know if I can. I think that part of me has atrophied and fallen off from lack of use. It is lasagna for dinner tonight.

Last edited:
calories burn can add up. this weekend I burned 800 calories Saturday and about the same Sunday. my basic calorie intake is 2500 calories. I have to add that extra to my diet. its even worse when I burn 1500 calories and have to try to eat that much extra without carbs.

@PedalUma. I'm no stranger to Kim chee I live with a Korean Lady. Thanks for the Probiotic advice. My weight is managed now by not over eating and no beer and just biking and golfing so as my type 2 diabetes.
The joke is that, "If you want a six-pack, you cannot drink one."
1648520114812.jpeg
1648520209811.jpeg

I mentioned about a month ago about finding a 2 L bag of red pot bud hairs on a bike path. There must be some industrial scale trimming operation. Today I spotted a garbage bag pile of leaf. I would have liked to find that when I was in High School.
View attachment 117685
It seems crazy this is getting thrown away-- even low grade weed would seem to be useful for making extracts, but maybe that's a flawed assumption. Just seems inefficient to waste it, after having invested the water and fertilizer and associated carbon footprint of growing it.

I had a friend who lived in Atlanta when I was in high school, and I remember visiting him unexpectedly during a trip to Florida. We both lamented the fact that we had nothing to smoke, because we were both frequent smokers at the time.

He then said, "Oh, wait a minute. I threw some seeds way back in the yard back in May. Maybe some of them grew."

What we found were several scraggly but very tall marijuana trees. Being idiot high school kids, we instantly chopped them down and dried them in the oven-- all leaf, no seeds, no buds, not mature.

It was very interesting-- it had a very pleasant effect, with little of the heaviness and sleepiness of the South American product we were used to-- a low ceiling, meaning it didn't do more if smoked a lot of it, but it did have a vague and pleasant visual, psychedelic edge. The effects only lasted 45 minutes, but when you smoked again, it was pretty took you back to the same place immediately with no apparent tolerance effect, so we smoked it instead of cigarettes for the entire weekend and had very entertaining conversations and adventures.

My cousin in high school found a Colombian bale washed ashore in Boston harbor. They called it seaweed. He became the source. Later he had a mansion with his kids in the most expensive prep schools and Ivy League schools. The youngest is still at Stanford. He went to club fed for three years on a mandatory 10. Now that he is out he has a huge legal grow operation. I cannot imagine the money to set it up all to code. They gutted an old brick building and built it all up. The children of those incarcerated during the war on drugs are 'disadvantaged' and given preference in getting a license to grow. It is not for me. I just get paranoid and lazy or do things I would later regret.

Back