Chili Verde

We used to sell lavender shortbread cookies at my first teahouse. Very popular. I hated them, but for some people it was the highlight of their week. Tasted like soap to me. However, my BBQ dry rub recipe includes Herbes du Provence, which contains lavender, but you don't taste it.
Herbes du Provence is my goto spice mixture for most cuts of beef. Often mixed in with leftover red wine as well.

Just some observations. Thousands of spiders launched today to ride thermals by using electric charges. It will hit 80 F in about an hour. Normally there would be Vultures riding the thermals but they are gone. Headed North? They Winter around here. And the barn swallows have retuned in force. They sound like a cross between a dolphin and a bat. It is not proven but I will bet they are using echo location to catch bugs on the wing. They are amazing acrobats.

Spiders Use Electric Fields to Fly, And We May Finally Know How​

Speaking of the wine dark sea, very few years I will read the Odyssey. I purchased a copy of a newer translation today. TRIVIA QUESTION: Where does the Odyssey end?

Hint: It is not where and when you think. It has to do with a prophetic god who was turned into a woman for seven years and said that sex is much better from the feminine perspective. It also has to do with Poseidon and an item from Odysseus' ship. Only then Odysseus would die in peace. The question is where. If you know, you can win bets against people from Ivy League schools.

With the assistance of red, red wine Circe tuned men into swine. If this is what she looks like, I'm a goner too.
1647994228343.jpeg

I know he had a dog named Argo who recognized him through his disguise. Almost blew his cover…but that is a very old dog after all

Argus. The many eyed, a highly watchful and faithful dog. That old dog was so happy to see him, that he died on the spot, knowing, after waiting and longing 10 years for his master's return to be fulfilled with a loving pat. The old childhood nurse also recognized the boar tusk scar on his leg. She knew it was him, king, warrior, dressed as a beggar. But Ithaca is not where it ends. The faithful swine heard! Telemachus. What man among lazy princes can bend the bow of Odysseus among the suiters? I will ride my bike and read this book in beautiful locations to find out more.
1647998818463.png
1647999480942.png

I know he had a dog named Argo who recognized him through his disguise. Almost blew his cover…but that is a very old dog after alla

The answerer is somewhere far from the sea. Maybe the middle of Asia. He had to carry an oar from his ship to a place were no one had seen one or knew what it was. He finally met a fellow traveler who asked him why he caries a winnowing fan. Then he could sacrifice a bull to Poseidon and would finally have peace. It is a prophecy by demi-god Tiresias and is mentioned twice in the Odyssey.
1648068257860.jpeg

Before Netflix people told stories to each other. Aspects of nature, personality, psychology, and morality were personified and played off of each other. Over time some of these stories and architypes were put into song and rhyme. Some got woven together. The stories also had some historic truth. But also entertainment value like Marvel super heroes and villains. What happens when Sex and War get captured by Technology? Technology makes a web. That is the story of when Aphrodite and Ares get caught by Hephaestus. As Deco says, we still talk of a Trojan Horse attack and know what it means, even in the context of the internet, 3,300 years later. And our idea of a web still works. People remember interactions of characters and stories better than interactions of facts.

Last edited:
I mentioned about a month ago about finding a 2 L bag of red pot bud hairs on a bike path. There must be some industrial scale trimming operation. Today I spotted a garbage bag pile of leaf. I would have liked to find that when I was in High School.
1648156239504.jpeg

Attachments

• path2Pot2.JPG
    path2Pot2.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 117
  • path2Pot3.JPG
    path2Pot3.JPG
    675.9 KB · Views: 123
  • path2Pot4 (2).JPG
    path2Pot4 (2).JPG
    112 KB · Views: 109
“And I Tiresias foresaw it all.”
Years ago when I had trash bags of leaf I mixed it in with sweet feed for the cattle. Except for soybeans it provides the highest level of protein. In the winter when they suffer from stomach trouble it helps to supplement the diet of hay, and like in humans, combats nausea…though unlike humans (rumen etc.) doesn’t need to be cooked.

I mentioned about a month ago about finding a 2 L bag of red pot bud hairs on a bike path. There must be some industrial scale trimming operation. Today I spotted a garbage bag pile of leaf. I would have liked to find that when I was in High School.
View attachment 117685
could just be hemp too. a garage can by my shop would have the same thing in it. I found a shopping cart full of trimmings once by the bus stop.

It was on the same bike path but 1/4 mile away. I do not think that those red stems are typical of rope hemp. Someone has since taken a quarter of the leaf pile. This is cool. There was a conference call of managers from a regional powerhouse in the bike industry today, Mike's Bikes. People are asking them daily about professional conversions. Corporate does not want to go there, too many variables with older bikes. Then someone, Austin, mentioned my name. Another manager chimed in that his customers had good things to say. They then all looked me up and read reviews and saw bikes. So, corporate agreed company-wide to send everyone who asks to me as a former employee! This work of mouth stuff is amazing.
Here is a bike I bought from Austin and made electric.

Attachments

• SpicyCurry06.JPG
    SpicyCurry06.JPG
    346.2 KB · Views: 126
  • SpicyCurry07.JPG
    SpicyCurry07.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 118
  • SpicyCurry09.JPG
    SpicyCurry09.JPG
    466 KB · Views: 121
  • SpicyCurry12.JPG
    SpicyCurry12.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 117
More of my Chili Verdi
lettuce sandwiches. everything but the kitchen sink. usually I put some fermented pickles on them I loved pickled beets but they have too much sugar for me now. forgot to take the pic after the mustard.
good ham brie fresh mozzarella peppers avocado and mustard with olives on the side.
IMG_4114.jpg

Back