Cheap bikestand solution

I like the design of this stand and that it folds for storage, however, I am a bit skeptical to put any E-bike on it considering the chainstay mounts are made of plastic. I suppose you could jimmy-rig something that would ensure those supports will not fail. JMHO!
Not sure what you mean about the mounts being plastic. Also my bike weighs about 50 pounds without the battery, maybe a little less. I’ve had no problems using the stand with it.

1599573457850.jpeg

If you use a tray style rack for transporting your bike, all you need is a piece of 2x4 to make a quick & simple work stand. For making repairs on the road, I do this:

P1080453a.jpg

To work on the chain & derailleur, I put the bike on the opposite side of the rack.

I just use a woodworking clamp attached to whatever is handy and stable. In this case it’s clamped to my wood splitter in the garage.

625B549A-0073-467F-9781-46F63F4032A0.jpeg

I will often just put my bike on the tailgate of my truck. The kick stand works as a good pivot point to get back wheel off the ground
876BD5F6-BBFD-4511-BB85-C1992D05652A.jpeg

I use a couple of tie downs. hook to each end of the bike and the other ends to my garage door track. I you use ratchet straps just lift it up. The other type lift the bike while tightening the strap.

The guys at Embn say it is no problem to turn the gears backwards (at least on a Yamaha motor). I have done this myself at least a dozen times to degrease and lube the chain.

I am starting to realize that there are very few mechanics in the USA that are truley knowledgeable about eBikes. I am forming my own opinions...

If Embn signs off, it is good enough for me.
Yeah, that's cool. I myself have developed a few other different methods, so I took this one off my list. Certainly like a clean chain before every ride. Smooth shifting is key for me.

Back