Cannondale Topstone Gravel Ebike

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
these are great fenders for the Neo Carbon 2 available at REI

Any ebike compatible lights that use 6-12 volts will work with the intergrated lighting and can be switched on and off by the Kiox. The dealer may have to enable light switching versus always on. Light and Motion Nip & Tuck are a good choice

For long rides, I bought and extra 500 watt power tube and an extra color matched battery cover to mount permanently on the battery. It fits very nicely and a Revelate Tangle frame bag,
Hi! I have just joined the forum. I have a Neo Carbon 2 (just before Xmas) and have been looking for fenders (aka mudguards). Have you fitted these successfully?

Has anyone added a Lefty fork (700) to a Topstone that did not come with it? I am planning on adding the 700 Oliver fork to my Neo 2 and other than a new wheel hub was wondering what else I may need? Thanks!

Be warned that the Left 3's shock is quite stiff. I can feel it working on the big hits, but if offers very little vibration canceling on something like gravel fire roads.
I ended up adding a Redshift stem shock, which really helped smooth out the ride.

Thanks - I have the Redshift on the bike now and figure this will help with harder hits. I appreciate the response.

Thanks - I have the Redshift on the bike now and figure this will help with harder hits. I appreciate the response.
Technically speaking, Redshift shall not be used together with any other form of suspension because of harmonic vibration (resonance). Taking into account the travel of Lefty fork is similar to the travel of Redshift, it makes little sense to install the Lefty.

I originally bought my Redshift suspension stem for my regular road bike, but found out, after I received the stem, that the top tube diameter on my road bike was a different size.
Since I already had the stem I thought I'd install it on my Lefty3 to see if it made a difference.
It did.

Technically speaking, Redshift shall not be used together with any other form of suspension because of harmonic vibration (resonance). Taking into account the travel of Lefty fork is similar to the travel of Redshift, it makes little sense to install the Lefty.
I checked with Redshift and they say it is fine to use with a fork. Here is the stuff from their website if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.56.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 5.56.40 PM.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 134
Has anyone added a Lefty fork (700) to a Topstone that did not come with it? I am planning on adding the 700 Oliver fork to my Neo 2 and other than a new wheel hub was wondering what else I may need? Thanks!

A lefty woudl be the last thing I'd use. The new Rock Shox XPLR fork looks to be plug and play. I'm waiting to hear from Lauf if their forks can work on e-bikes too, suspect that's a move for lighter riders.

Why would you not use the Lefty when it was designed and engineered for the Topstone? It gets very good reviews and seems that everyone says it does a good job for what it is intended for. Seems the travel of the Rock Shox is a hair bit more in one option or the same so I don't see a big difference there.

Why would you not use the Lefty when it was designed and engineered for the Topstone? It gets very good reviews and seems that everyone says it does a good job for what it is intended for. Seems the travel of the Rock Shox is a hair bit more in one option or the same so I don't see a big difference there.

Truth be told I've never liked Lefty's but I know some folks rave about them. I've also had bad experiences with older Suspension and lack of serviceability. Probably making a mountain out of a mole hill, but still, that new RockShox looks really sweet.

Also Lauf said so long as overall weight isn't over 110kg their gravel fork can work too, pretty neat!

Lol - I understand. I am one of the weird ones that like the look (and function of course). For some reason, the engineering draws me to the one-legged fork look. Around us, I have not noticed one Lefty when riding last year. I think the cost turns a lot of people off which is understandable.
Thanks for your response and ride safe!

I checked with Redshift and they say it is fine to use with a fork. Here is the stuff from their website if anyone is interested.
Thank you for clarifying! It looks I was wrong about the possibility of installing the Redshift ShockStop stem for rigid forks only. Actually, Redshift Sports never wrote a word against using that stem for suspension forks!

Hey everyone. Topstone Neo Carbon Lefty 3 owner here. I've got a Canadian version that I picked up lightly used this past summer and it's great! A completely different experience than riding my CAADX or non-ebike Topstone Carbon5.

Looking to see if anyone has been able to get the software updated on your ebike to get the Bosch eMTB (replaces Sport mode) or Bosch Tour+ mode (replaces Tour mode)? The Tour+ was released in July. It gives you power based on your pedal inputs and automatically adjusts from Eco to Turbo. The eMTB mode is the same idea but goes from Tour to Turbo automatically.

I brought the bike in to a dealer in September. They are only a Bosch service centre and not a Cannondale dealer. They put a new update but it didn't look like Tour+ was available. The techs didn't seem to comfortable with the Bosch software so I'm not sure if they missed anything. Here's a screenshot of the software that they loaded.

Let me know if you can help! Looking to get the best experience out of the bike.

Attachments

• 20210930_140455.jpg
    20210930_140455.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 143
With the upgrade does the eMTB and Tour+ show up on the display?
I have a Neo Lefty 3, but the display shows Sport and Tour, so I suspect mine may not be updated, even though I had the bike into the bike store I purchased the bike from last September.

I've done a number of upgrades to the bike. My favorite two are a larger front chain ring and a de-restrictor. Because the speedo reads fast on these bikes and the motor starts to cut off power 0.5km early my motor stopped working at just over 30kph.

With the upgrade does the eMTB and Tour+ show up on the display?
I have a Neo Lefty 3, but the display shows Sport and Tour, so I suspect mine may not be updated, even though I had the bike into the bike store I purchased the bike from last September.

I've done a number of upgrades to the bike. My favorite two are a larger front chain ring and a de-restrictor. Because the speedo reads fast on these bikes and the motor starts to cut off power 0.5km early my motor stopped working at just over 30kph.
Tour stays the same but Sport changes to EMTB on the Purion display from what I am told.

I reached out to Bosch a few months back and they told me that I had a specific Cannondale eGravel software installed on the Bosch drive unit that currently did not have Tour+/eMTB. They were not able to tell me if the feature was available to be added. They instead directed me to contact Cannondale since the current software was a Cannondale proprietary file. I did that and never got a response.

Brand new owner of Topstone Neo Carbon 4! The bike is real good, done my first 100km and it has been a dream. Battery life is out of this world although that is because of my vain attempt to chase road cyclists at over the 25kmhr limit!

On this note anybody with an alternate set of rims or running anything resembling a road slick at 30C or less can comment on how much easier it is to maintain approx 28 to 30kmhr?

Thanks again!

I have a Lefty 3, with 47mm semi-slick gravel tires, and can, when I want to, keep up with other riders doing 35+ kph.
My secret is the motor derestrictor I installed last July. ;)
I bought the derestrictor from a company in Australia.

Back