Cannondale Topstone Gravel Ebike

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
I can buy them in Poland. I told you about the U.S. Amazon.com so Code54 could buy them in case the fenders were unavailable at REI.

Trying to be helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. After doing a quick, rough road ride today I can also tell a new seat maybe in order - that sucker is a bit "firm"....
Kinekt seatpost 20% off at Selle Anatomica is an easy recommendation.

Also, 20% at REI right now gets the fenders down to the Amazon random 3rd party price.

I can buy them in Poland. I told you about the U.S. Amazon.com so Code54 could buy them in case the fenders were unavailable at REI.

Trying to be helpful.
REI has the fenders in stock which is easy to do a quick check on. They can also be readily purchased from several sources on Ebay in the US.

I really do not like encouraging anyone to buy from Amazon. Their destructive effect on society and small business as well as their predatory business practices removed them from my source list years ago. One click convenience does not compensate for their swallowing of much of the world's economy. Plus they seldom have the best price. And they really don't need either you or me shilling for them.

That vampire Bezos doesn't need your money. He already has too much.
LOL too true but REI isn't exactly a "small business" either.

Those SKS fenders are great if you don't have proper mounts for full coverage fenders but if you can mount proper fenders, they're pretty garbage by comparison.

The Topstone's have mounts for proper fenders, both SKS and Planet Bike make great plastic fenders with stainless hardware. The SKS B65 Commuter is what I've fitted. Clears the factory 36c tires fine and plenty of room for my 650x47c gravel tires. Planet Bike Cascadia's are my other go to fender, long mud flaps, great durability. I've messed with metal fenders but have always been disappointed with the results.

Light wise, they're able to be wired into the Bosch system as stated, the headlight wire should be pre wired, the tail light/rack lights aren't though. I did the Kiox upgrade the same time as the rack/light install so the motor is coming out regardless. You should bring it in for a firmware update/check also to make sure that you can control the headlights through the display.

Have a gander! Also check out the new K-Edge Kiox display holder, so slick! They've got another one that's like the Acid mounts from Cube too. https://k-edge.com/product-category/computer-mounts/bosch-mounts/

Attachments

• IMG_20211126_142630728_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211126_142630728_HDR.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20211126_142726674.jpg
    IMG_20211126_142726674.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20211126_142636634.jpg
    IMG_20211126_142636634.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20211126_142647557_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211126_142647557_HDR.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20211126_142705787.jpg
    IMG_20211126_142705787.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20211126_142713679.jpg
    IMG_20211126_142713679.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20211126_142719406.jpg
    IMG_20211126_142719406.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 187
LOL too true but REI isn't exactly a "small business" either.

Those SKS fenders are great if you don't have proper mounts for full coverage fenders but if you can mount proper fenders, they're pretty garbage by comparison.

The Topstone's have mounts for proper fenders, both SKS and Planet Bike make great plastic fenders with stainless hardware. The SKS B65 Commuter is what I've fitted. Clears the factory 36c tires fine and plenty of room for my 650x47c gravel tires. Planet Bike Cascadia's are my other go to fender, long mud flaps, great durability. I've messed with metal fenders but have always been disappointed with the results.

Light wise, they're able to be wired into the Bosch system as stated, the headlight wire should be pre wired, the tail light/rack lights aren't though. I did the Kiox upgrade the same time as the rack/light install so the motor is coming out regardless. You should bring it in for a firmware update/check also to make sure that you can control the headlights through the display.

Have a gander! Also check out the new K-Edge Kiox display holder, so slick! They've got another one that's like the Acid mounts from Cube too. https://k-edge.com/product-category/computer-mounts/bosch-mounts/
At least REI hires lots of local people to work in each of their stores and offers enough wages and bennies that they stick around. Obviously an LBS is to be preferred

Those fenders look great on you Neo2 for permanent fenders but are a bit of a project to mount and remove for those who only want fenders on their bike when there is a risk of spewing water.

I actually use the Speedrocker on my non electric gravel bike (Santa Cruz Stigmatta CC) as it lacks any mounting lugs.
For my Topstone Neo Carbon 3 I got a nice long rear fender from Topeak Defender TX at a LBS. Finding a fender that worked on the lefty fork was a bit of a challenge. I ended up with a SKS Shockboard XL, also from a LBS

20211126_160626.jpg

At least REI hires lots of local people to work in each of their stores and offers enough wages and bennies that they stick around. Obviously an LBS is to be preferred

Those fenders look great on you Neo2 for permanent fenders but are a bit of a project to mount and remove for those who only want fenders on their bike when there is a risk of spewing water.

I actually use the Speedrocker on my non electric gravel bike (Santa Cruz Stigmatta CC) as it lacks any mounting lugs.
For my Topstone Neo Carbon 3 I got a nice long rear fender from Topeak Defender TX at a LBS. Finding a fender that worked on the lefty fork was a bit of a challenge. I ended up with a SKS Shockboard XL, also from a LBS

View attachment 108022
No stone unturned with that bike, holy cow! Are the wheels carbon for the 650's? I've been really pleased with the Gravelking SK's from Panaracer on my 650's

I'm sure fitting that rear fender was "fun." Here in OR when it starts raining you just leave em on until the summer. It doesn't rain as much as you'd think but there are quire a few days with wet roads and you can get absolutely drenched even though nothing is falling on you.

Good points with REI, so long as we do our best from funding that asshat more trips to "space"

No stone unturned with that bike, holy cow! Are the wheels carbon for the 650's? I've been really pleased with the Gravelking SK's from Panaracer on my 650's
The rims are the original WTB Alloys, The tires are WTB Byway 650B x 47 which work well for me as they are a good hybrid road/ trail tire and I ride probably 70 on rural paved roads, mostly chip seal. The Kinekt Body Float adds quite a bit to saddle comfort.

The big mods are to the drive train. I went from 44 tooth to 48 on the front chainring With riding country roads, getting a taller top end helps take fuller advantage of the speed motor giving me 26 mph at 75 rpm cadence. I live up a 600 foot hill to end every ride so put a 11-46 cassette in back to recapture some of the lost climbing power, all this along with an Onyx silent, instant engagement rear hub.

I have gone through 7 ebikes in the last four years and this one is by far the most fun and satisfying to ride. It has also been the most dependable bike I have owned.

The rims are the original WTB Alloys, The tires are WTB Byway 650B x 47 which work well for me as they are a good hybrid road/ trail tire and I ride probably 70 on rural paved roads, mostly chip seal. The Kinekt Body Float adds quite a bit to saddle comfort.

The big mods are to the drive train. I went from 44 tooth to 48 on the front chainring With riding country roads, getting a taller top end helps take fuller advantage of the speed motor giving me 26 mph at 75 rpm cadence. I live up a 600 foot hill to end every ride so put a 11-46 cassette in back to recapture some of the lost climbing power, all this along with an Onyx silent, instant engagement rear hub.

I have gone through 7 ebikes in the last four years and this one is by far the most fun and satisfying to ride. It has also been the most dependable bike I have owned.
Very cool, sounds like you've got it dialed! Carbon wheels are in your future...😁

Are you still in AK? I'm from Anchorage, commuting on the Topstone would have been way more fun, that's for sure!

Very cool, sounds like you've got it dialed! Carbon wheels are in your future...😁

Are you still in AK? I'm from Anchorage, commuting on the Topstone would have been way more fun, that's for sure!
We live in Bellingham, WA. I worked the light half of the year in Alaska most of my life until retirement a few years ago. We were registered voters in SItka, but did not share in the permanent fund.

As to carbon wheels, that is a lot of money to save very little weight, probably no more than 100 grams per wheel. Now, if better ride quality and performance were part of the equation, then the balance might shift.

We live in Bellingham, WA. I worked the light half of the year in Alaska most of my life until retirement a few years ago. We were registered voters in SItka, but did not share in the permanent fund.

As to carbon wheels, that is a lot of money to save very little weight, probably no more than 100 grams per wheel. Now, if better ride quality and performance were part of the equation, then the balance might shift.
Ah, very cool! Been to Sitka when I was a kid, went out on a herring fishing boat, pretty wild!

You'll save way more than 100g per wheel, always depends on what wheel you go with. Based on the mods you've done with the bike looks like weight isn't a primary concern, more oriented to comfort, nothing wrong with that!

Has anyone added a Redshift suspension Seatpost to a Topstone. I ordered the stem and figured the Seatpost may complement it well.

Has anyone added a Redshift suspension Seatpost to a Topstone. I ordered the stem and figured the Seatpost may complement it well.
The stem onlymakes sense on the topstone neo 2 as the 1 & 3 have the lefty fork. The kinekt stem has smoother action and is way easier to adjust...

I have the kinskt carbon seatpost on my Neo 3 which is a major improvement as the kingpin deals with big hits, while the kinekt is good at smoothing out the higher frequency chatter.

Last edited:
I bought the Neo 2 so that is why I thought the stem/seatpost maybe worth a shot. I put one on my wife's Como 4 and she really seems to like it. Honestly it is really easy to setup and only takes a few minutes. They now have a PRO version out that is a bit lighter than the regular one. They are also 20% still today on Amazon or Redshifts website if anyone is looking for one.

The stem onlymakes sense on the topstone neo 2 as the 1 & 3 have the lefty fork. The kinekt stem has smoother action and is way easier to adjust...

I have the kinskt carbon seatpost on my Neo 3 which is a major improvement as the kingpin deals with big hits, while the kinekt is good at smoothing out the higher frequency chatter.
That's the reason I put a Redshift stem on my Lefty 3. I found the front suspension to be very stiff. Great for big hits, but not good for filtering out the little stuff.
I'm VERY happy with my suspension stem.

My experience is both Kinekt and Redshift are equal seat-posts, and I prefer Redshift nowadays. Redshift stem just rocks!

Back