Cannabis, how is it legalized?

Referring to the thread title:

Alcohol, how is it legal?

It has been my experience that alcohol is far more destructive and addictive than cannabis. Lethal too. Most airports provide at least a dozen possibilities to have a drink between ticketing and your boarding gate. Alcohol is advertised and sold virtually everywhere. I've never seen two guys get stoned and start a brawl. I've never seen a stoned dad beat his family.

Referring to the thread title:

Alcohol, how is it legal?

It has been my experience that alcohol is far more destructive and addictive than cannabis. Lethal too. Most airports provide at least a dozen possibilities to have a drink between ticketing and your boarding gate. Alcohol is advertised and sold virtually everywhere. I've never seen two guys get stoned and start a brawl. I've never seen a stoned dad beat his family.
Curious.... How many drunk dads have you watched beat their family? 🙃

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least twice. Not a fun scene either time.
I hadn't realized it was a spectator sport.
Don't think it's something I would watch or stand for in my presence.
(and yes... I am being a little bit of a d ick)

I hadn't realized it was a spectator sport.
Don't think it's something I would watch or stand for in my presence.
(and yes... I am being a little bit of a d ick)
Yes, we'd all like to think that.

In practice these situations are just so bizarre that you'll be left wondering if it really happened. They also go bad very quickly and last about as long as a sneeze.

One of those times I was meeting the parents of a girl I was dating. Dad was butt-wasted, there was a stupid argument, and slugged Mom. I thought this was all messed up and left. Both my GF and the parents (both sluggo and sluggee) thought I made poor impression -- GF in particular was pretty p*ssed at me. Go figure.

The other was when I was much younger at a large family gathering. A drunk adult male got into a fistfight with his teenage kid. Older adults broke it up, sort of.

In Virginia…the quasi-legal state of Cannabis regulation has resulted in a semi-legal market of Delta THC 8 ‘products’ distilled from hemp (maujuana) sold in vape stores and gas stations. Who knows what’s in them? Our Christian-Nationalist Gov Youngkin has further muddied the waters by delaying legalization.
I’ll stick to what I grow
Alcohol…I’m a teetotaler to the relief of friends who need a ride home

Funny how cannabis separates the brain neurons and the person becomes unemotional. Whereas psychedelic mushrooms rewire the neurons for enhanced brain activity. I'd vote for the shrooms.

Funny how cannabis separates the brain neurons and the person becomes unemotional. Whereas psychedelic mushrooms rewire the neurons for enhanced brain activity. I'd vote for the shrooms.
Sure... Till you go to a comedy show and start thinking you're part of an HBO special, all the laughs are scripted and you were the only one not told beforehand.

I've not experienced the former. For me it tends to blot negative emotions and enhance positive ones. Never tried shrooms. LSD a few times over 50 years ago which was always quite nice.

With regards to the original posting header , Legal Cannibis is old news around here and there is not much left to debate about Cannibis itself. Fentanyl is on the other hand a raging deadly epidemic. In my province of 5 million people there are 6 opioid deaths per day. How is that legalized for any purposes?

With regards to the original posting header , Legal Cannibis is old news around here and there is not much left to debate about Cannibis itself. Fentanyl is on the other hand a raging deadly epidemic. In my province of 5 million people there are 6 opioid deaths per day. How is that legalized for any purposes?
I would say the only purpose to legalize that is to make it safer. Whenever something exists that people want, making it illegal always makes it more dangerous, more expensive, and not any harder to get if you want it. The Volstead Act kind of proved that.

I would say the only purpose to legalize that is to make it safer. Whenever something exists that people want, making it illegal always makes it more dangerous, more expensive, and not any harder to get if you want it. The Volstead Act kind of proved that.
I don't know if you can generalize to that degree and have it make sense.

We should keep in mind that the vast majority of people who use alcohol or marijuana manage to do so without causing grave damage to themselves or others. Can you seriously make the same arguments about fentanyl?

Bluntly some things are sufficiently dangerous that they should be kept away from the public.

I don't know if you can generalize to that degree and have it make sense.

We should keep in mind that the vast majority of people who use alcohol or marijuana manage to do so without causing grave damage to themselves or others. Can you seriously make the same arguments about fentanyl?

Bluntly some things are sufficiently dangerous that they should be kept away from the public.
Fentanyl is used every day in hospitals for pain. The trick is the correct dose which can't done effectively if it's black market. I think I once read where there are test strips for it so maybe those could be distributed to cut down on the ODs.

Fentanyl and worse, adulterates a variety of recreational drugs now days…thanks to the Chinese
I was given fentanyl once as I woke from a significant shoulder operation…screaming. It did its job…though its present ubiquity in all manner of drugs from coke, meth, counterfeit pills…and heroin has put even the most casual user in deadly peril

Fentanyl and worse, adulterates a variety of recreational drugs now days…thanks to the Chinese
I was given fentanyl once as I woke from a significant shoulder operation…screaming. It did its job…though its present ubiquity in all manner of drugs from coke, meth, counterfeit pills…and heroin has put even the most casual user in deadly peril
Having a DEA Number if I wanted to Rx Fentanyl to be taken outside hospital for post-op orthopedic pain (usually Fentanyl patches), the paperwork and checks & balances here in the US were stringent. I'm retired now but from what I gather it's easily available on the street corner, whether you know you're buying it or not - so sad! Fentanyl is unbelievably potent, take too much = breathe no more!!! ☠️

Last edited:
Dispensaries are THE WAY
As a retired life long horticultural director, gardener, and lecturer the last thing I’m interested in is allowing some stranger to grow my medicine. Thank you Governor Walz, Minnesota rocks. I mean MN stones!

My auto flower high cbd grow. July 2023. I know the inputs. My medical Mary Jane certifying doctor, 70 something claims he’s yet to see a withdrawal or overdose.

2 ten dollar seeds and that’s my 2024 supply.

Attachments

• B383C016-76BC-4917-A5C0-D323113DE964.jpeg
    B383C016-76BC-4917-A5C0-D323113DE964.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • AF324454-242C-4A0D-9900-14E576934523.jpeg
    AF324454-242C-4A0D-9900-14E576934523.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Back