Cannabis, how is it legalized?

Wow, what a response. Only yet read through some, but I will take them all on board over the days as i have the time to think about it all. It is worthy of discussion, the pros and cons of it all. But we are were we are. This is a great thread. Thanks to everyone for such valuable input on this important subject.

It is on the verge of legalization here in the UK, because of the crap people are having to injest, but there is a large, older generation with a political voice that just says 'No'. God only knows what people are having to ingest. Our population need a good talking to.....but they are daft, really stupid people, real morons of the first order, and in things like drugs the gov avoid the hard sensible line. The UK will have to wait at least 30 years to become progressive in drugs, if ever. It is all silly. BUT when it comes to very 'important'/necessary stuff they will just railroad it through. It must be a political thing, a sacrificial football.

While lots of postings only a few actually taking part it seems. So don't think that there isn't still a stigma surrounding marijuana here in the U.S. that has its roots in a similar situation to yours there in the UK with our fair share of daft, really stupid people that truly are maga morons of the first order more interested in regulating natural acts while promoting the manufacturing of weapons of war and showing little interest in climate change and gun control.

While lots of postings only a few actually taking part it seems. So don't think that there isn't still a stigma surrounding marijuana here in the U.S. that has its roots in a similar situation to yours there in the UK with our fair share of daft, really stupid people that truly are maga morons of the first order more interested in regulating natural acts while promoting the manufacturing of weapons of war and showing little interest in climate change and gun control.
I believe your statement regarding people with opinions different from your own, which statement-type is common from both the political left and right, is what is creating the division in the U.S. This a democracy (or a republic if you prefer) with freedom of speech, where we can hopefully influence others to come around to our viewpoints. When we refuse to listen, or to engage in reasonable debate, the trouble begins. Perhaps those with opinions similar to your own have failed to make their case clearly enough to convince others. I’d say you should keep trying, but you seem to have already given up.

Here's a typical pot farm. Inside the fence are greenhouses and stuff.
GEDC0749.JPG

Cameras are spaced around the fenceline.
GEDC0750.JPG

New York is in the process. It's been well over a year since legalization, but you still can't buy. They are moving in a very, very slow process of licensing a small number of farms, then processors, then sellers.
I hear Maybe it will be available for purchase by end of year.

New York is in the process. It's been well over a year since legalization, but you still can't buy. They are moving in a very, very slow process of licensing a small number of farms, then processors, then sellers.
Maine did the same and they will pay for their hesitation. An investment in a quality led grow light, a few female seeds either regular or auto, a small grow tent or build your own cabinet in a closet, and a few other things and anyone can grow high end marijuana. I had so much from my very first grow in my home made 2'X3'X5' grow cabinet that I was giving it away. I'll never buy it and the state will get no tax revenue from me.

It bothers me that corporations are taking over cannabis…more along the model of big ag which has done us no favors (I’ll let someone like Michael Pollan count the ways.). Have a pot conviction on your record forget being involved. Big pot and their methods are energy intensive while growing home with natural sunlight isn’t. State’s onerous taxes and regulations push prices well beyond boutique producers. And who knows what goes into the ‘products’ in the vape store.
1658697600009.jpeg

Tell me about it....

It bothers me that corporations are taking over cannabis…
Boehner the Boner struck out at and worked to kill every legalization move on the federal level while Speaker. But soon after retirement made massive investments in legal cannabis producers and resellers and became a spokesperson. STUFF IT. I want a law that lets me legally grow and process my own!

Boehner the Boner struck out at and worked to kill every legalization move on the federal level while Speaker. But soon after retirement made massive investments in legal cannabis producers and resellers and became a spokesperson. STUFF IT. I want a law that lets me legally grow and process my own!

hypocrites gotta hypocrite. wouldn't expect anything less from those ***clowns.

Move to Maine? I'll never buy weed since it's inexpensive and easy to grow.
Mainers can grow cannabis for personal use. As many as three mature, 12 immature plants, and an unlimited number of seedlings are allowed per resident 21 years of age or older.

Move to Maine? I'll never buy weed since it's inexpensive and easy to grow.
Mainers can grow cannabis for personal use. As many as three mature, 12 immature plants, and an unlimited number of seedlings are allowed per resident 21 years of age or older.
But, do you grow it? It stinks!! Gummies rock.

Sure do. Smell doesn't bother me and my occasional roommate loves the smell of it. I make my own edibles, tincture, and use a volcano vaporizer.
Funny story … a farmette up the road a spell put in about 40 acres when our state wanted to promote hemp. Incredible labor to plant. The crop looked outstanding all summer. Around late August through October the plants were incredibly active producing all sorts of emoluments to attract pollination insects. Come near harvest season and that fragrenice got to stink. Any neighbors within an acre or less of that field absorbed the skunk hormones for many weeks — and at full volume. I felt a high coming on just driving past the field. Which I tried to do often on my bike.

Then later incredible labor was input to harvest the field. No doubt the State paid plenty for any THC data.

My hope was the neighbors were compensated from the proceeds and product of a cannabis field incognito as a hemp field.

I don't smoke, but have often thought of growing a plant or too, just because. Do any growers know if a pot plant can just be a house plant and just grow, or are they kind of an annual sort of plant that grows and dies at the end of the season? I just think they're a cool looking plant.

I don't smoke, but have often thought of growing a plant or too, just because. Do any growers know if a pot plant can just be a house plant and just grow, or are they kind of an annual sort of plant that grows and dies at the end of the season? I just think they're a cool looking plant.
Cannabis is a weed. Hemp is quite invasive. Not difficult to grow. Male and female plants.

Cannabis is a weed. Hemp is quite invasive. Not difficult to grow. Male and female plants.
So to my point, weeds typically die at the end of a season, so are you saying it won't grow like a house plant does, and dies off at the end of each season? That's my question, is it seasonal? Like a tomato plant.

So to my point, weeds typically die at the end of a season, so are you saying it won't grow like a house plant does, and dies off at the end of each season? That's my question, is it seasonal? Like a tomato plant.
Cannabis is an annual vs. a perennial. Need to reseed each season.
I have never grown it, but we had a 1/4 acre patch at the farm that grew over 9’ tall. County came and chopped it down. My grandpa hung a couple of plants in the shed to dry. Lots more growing info available via Google.

Back