20231020_221947.jpg
20231021_102750.jpg
20231021_102813.jpg
20231021_102832.jpg

I'm hoping to grow another 1 Pound Butch of a Plant,.. 🌿 🍁

Screenshot_20211224-055513_Samsung Internet.jpg
20210315-103748.jpg
Screenshot_20220909-190020_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It's funny that what's completely normal and legal in one state can put you in prison in another.

I live in Colorado and we've had legal weed for 11 years now. As of last week or so, we had sold $15 billion in recreational weed. It's taxed on several levels, and distributed all over.

Here's an idea of where the money goes - a few years old but gets the point across

1697902127388.png

It's a mixed bag for me. While I appreciate the ability to enjoy it if I like, it has brought a lot of people to the area, and that comes with its own issues. It is good to know that folks who wanna enjoy a toke can do so without buying from street dealers and supporting criminal organizations. I know a guy who used to sell weed for a living & he can't do that anymore. There's no market.

Last I heard, we had more pot shops here in the Denver Metro than Starbucks. And there are a LOT of Starbucks.

This actually looks like it could be a cool hobby i could get into not to mention the fantastic benefits, i have a few friends who like me do not have green thumbs but they still managed to get some pretty good results, i think im gonna give it a shot!

This actually looks like it could be a cool hobby i could get into not to mention the fantastic benefits, i have a few friends who like me do not have green thumbs but they still managed to get some pretty good results, i think im gonna give it a shot!

I've had a lot of fun growing.
It was quite the learning curve.
It's amazing how much there is to know about growing a simple plant.
You can still keep it simple though without getting all carried away.

I'd suggest growing in Coco Coir and using chemical nutes.
It's hard to know exactly what is in the organic stuff, and it can be really expensive.

Regular miracle grow works pretty good and Cannibis has almost the same nutritional requirements as tomatoes.

This actually looks like it could be a cool hobby.

Ohh, buy some Feminized Autoflower seeds.
Autoflower plants are WAY easier to grow and start flowering regardless of the timing of the lights or sun.

If you mess up the light timing with a regular plant, it will "herm" on you and produce male and female flowers and it will pollinate itself then you've got seeds in your buds.

You only smoke the female flowers.

And stay away from anything aimed at the Cannibis market. It's way overpriced.
Grow Lights are a rip off.
Regular LED bulbs work just fine and are WAY cheaper, if you're growing indoors.

Last edited:
Ohh, buy some Feminized Autoflower seeds.
Autoflower plants are WAY easier to grow and start flowering regardless of the timing of the lights or sun.

If you mess up the light timing with a regular plant, it will "herm" on you and produce male and female flowers and it will pollinate itself then you've got seeds in your buds.

You only smoke the female flowers.

And stay away from anything aimed at the Cannibis market. It's way overpriced.
Grow Lights are a rip off.
Regular LED bulbs work just fine and are WAY cheaper, if you're growing indoors.
Any tips on where to purchase Auto Flower seeds? My local dispensary sells everything but seeds lol, they do not want you growing!

Any tips on where to purchase Auto Flower seeds? My local dispensary sells everything but seeds lol, they do not want you growing!

There's lots of seed sellers on line.
I used to order from Crop King seeds

But then a fellow grower sent me some seeds so I haven't needed to purchase seeds in a few years.

This is my thread from the Cannibis forum I belong to,..

It's a 5 year long winded thread, but it shows my progression of learning.
I'm really into electronics, so buying LED light strips and power supplies is right up my alley.
I'm running 500 Watts worth of LED lights. 😂

There's lots of seed sellers on line.
I used to order from Crop King seeds

But then a fellow grower sent me some seeds so I haven't needed to purchase seeds in a few years.

This is my thread from the Cannibis forum I belong to,..

It's a 5 year long winded thread, but it shows my progression of learning.
I'm really into electronics, so buying LED light strips and power supplies is right up my alley.
I'm running 500 Watts worth of LED lights. 😂
Great pics! What type % increase in your electric bill do you see when you are in grow mode?

Great pics! What type % increase in your electric bill do you see when you are in grow mode?

I didn't really keep track, but I pay 12.8 cents per kilowatt-hour and run the lights, fans, and air pump for 18 hours a day at 500 Watts during flower, and start off the baby plants at about 200 Watts.
(I went with a crazy amount of light. 😂
Most people are about 50-100 Watts per plant)

I only grow in the winter because it's too humid in the summer and I get mold.
The heat from the grow closet goes towards heating the house, so it's not completely lost.

It takes about 12 weeks to grow a plant including about 4 weeks for it to start flowering.

At the seed vendors, you can pick the flowering speed you want as well as the THC and CBD concentration.

(PS,.. they all lie about how long it takes to grow a plant. Everybody wants a finished plant as fast as possible. It usually takes at least 2 weeks longer than advertised to finish a plant.)

Actually, I run a 585 Watt air conditioner during the summer, and the grow room in the winter.

I spend less on electricity during the winter than the summer.
(the 650 Watt fridge works harder in the summer too.)

Another way to look at it is you have electric heat in your home for the winter, a grow closet works as a pretty efficient 500 Watt electric heater.

Not too much of that energy is converted into plant material.

Typical baseboard heaters are 1500 Watts and up, and there can be many or even dozens in a big house.
(they don't run non stop though. I run for 18 hours a day.)

Last edited:
Another thing to consider is humidity.

My plant can transpire up to 4 liters of water (nutrient solution) per day.

Not all of that water is turned into plant material either.

All that moisture can cause mold issues in your home.
(Only about 1% of molds are toxic though, but still...)

Then you add a dehumidifier running at almost 1000 Watts, but those Watts heat your house too. 😂
(But not all the 1000 Watts are heating your house. Dumping warm water from your dehumidifier wastes energy.)

It's all in how you observe the situation.

Especially when you've just smoked a Vado, then things get crazy. 😂

Another thing to consider is humidity.

My plant can transpire up to 4 liters of water (nutrient solution) per day.

Not all of that water is turned into plant material either.

All that moisture can cause mold issues in your home.
(Only about 1% of molds are toxic though, but still...)

Then you add a dehumidifier running at almost 1000 Watts, but those Watts heat your house too. 😂
(But not all the 1000 Watts are heating your house. Dumping warm water from your dehumidifier wastes energy.)

It's all in how you observe the situation.

Especially when you've just smoked a Vado, then things get crazy. 😂
Coulda used this info when I was in college! But then again, I probably would have been arrested and sent to the slammer!

Coulda used this info when I was in college! But then again, I probably would have been arrested and sent to the slammer!

Nothing illegal about it now for me, and maybe you too.

I have brown thumbs (I kill plants), but I managed to grow some pretty big pot plants.

It's a fun hobby, but it's REALLY SLOW!!
It's like watching grass grow 😂
Hurry up and wait.
Is the paint dry yet?

I needed to apply GALLONS of LITFA to get my plants to grow properly.

Screenshot_20231022-232345_DuckDuckGo.jpg

(Leave It The Frick Alone !!!) 😂

My mom used to say "Stop Picking At It !! It'll Never Heal !!!" 😂

Back